Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you guys remember when Gruden refused to use the shotgun formation. lol « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: March 07, 2011, 10:11:58 AM

The shotgun formation was used over 50% of the time this past season (on pass plays).

I remember when Gruden argued against the formation saying that there is no advantage. It took Jeff Garcia to come in from philly to tell Gruden to just try it.. Lol, we've come a long way... Happy to be here now.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : March 07, 2011, 10:21:01 AM

Hey, a Gruden bashing thread! Now that's something new... I guess you want to be a troll just like Java.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 07, 2011, 10:54:46 AM

LOL....no leash required

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 07, 2011, 11:01:08 AM

Who needs the shotgun when you are an offensive "genius"?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2011, 01:49:58 PM

Wow, you guys still complaining about Gruden? SMH.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 07, 2011, 04:16:23 PM

The shotgun formation was used over 50% of the time this past season (on pass plays).

This is a legit criticism.  When looking at the top offenses in the league, virtually all of them are primarily shot-gun pass offenses

And I had the under on 10:00 for Ill's reply to this Illuminator-nip thread.  What do I win?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 07, 2011, 04:55:31 PM

And I had the under on 10:00 for Ill's reply to this Illuminator-nip thread. 

LMAO..... like a moth to a flame!!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : March 07, 2011, 05:06:37 PM

Here's your prize, Biggs:

I'd take Sanchez over Freeman all day long.

Congrats.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 07, 2011, 05:23:20 PM

Here's your prize, Biggs:

I'd take Sanchez over Freeman all day long.

Congrats.

That sucks.  I should have gotten better odds on that kind of bet.  I didn't think Blount or Benn would be as good as they have been either.  A couple of those quotes that I've happily eaten should have been thrown in there as well.

I mean, what are the odds of King Arthur being mentioned and Guinevere comes immediately running to her lord's defense?  Pretty good, apparently.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 07, 2011, 06:02:26 PM

It was a clever response Biggs - I chuckled. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 07, 2011, 06:04:48 PM

It was a clever response Biggs - I chuckled.

as did I.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : March 07, 2011, 06:24:11 PM

I chuckle at how Illuminator obviously is permanently lodged deep inside your brains.   The dude totally owns you guys.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 07, 2011, 06:32:10 PM

I am sad for what happened with Java when he couldn't cope with the bucs new HC and GM.  Prior to that he was an interesting fellow.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 07, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

I am sad for what happened with Java when he couldn't cope with the bucs new HC and GM.

I'm not. I enjoy the thought of him wallowing in his misery with every Buc victory.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : March 07, 2011, 06:39:25 PM

I have no problem at all with the GM.   It's the coach and the players I'm not interested in.   Bunch of punk thugs like Blount and Talib and a nice guy at QB who reminds me of Andre the Giant.  About the only players I like on the team are Barber, Ruud and Caddy.

The Days of great players and great humans like Mike Alstott, John Lynch, James Wilder, Warrick Dunn, Paul Gruber, etc seem to be a thing of the past with the Bucs.   It's hard to cheer for this current group of excrement.   I prefer to root against them.   Strange but true, I get pleasure these days watching the losses.   Given how much I loved the team before, it's quite odd.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you guys remember when Gruden refused to use the shotgun formation. lol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools