Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs being considered for HBO's Hard Knocks series « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 08, 2011, 07:31:27 AM

Well, if that were to happen - I'd be getting HBO.  ;)

and it makes a lot of sense...  but presents a huge challenge (in addition to everything else on their plate) to do something like this especially
for the coaching staff.

The bucs in 2010 were a hell of a success story and the future truely is very bright.   

For all the reasons listed above (even Jdogs - although I can't see the posts unless quoted.)... 

Other candidates IMO - Vikings, 49er's, Seahawks, Eagles.   (I still think the Bucs are the better choice though...)  Homer?  Probably.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 08, 2011, 08:03:38 AM

NOOOO!!!!

We're to small a market and I don't want our guys playing to the camera. Please no

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 08, 2011, 08:50:44 AM

As much as I would love to see this team on hard knocks I wouldn't want it bcuz we would probably lose good practice squad players with that.. would be hard to hide them that way

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 08, 2011, 08:58:15 AM

Market size doesn't matter. They did the Jaguars a few years back.

With that said, I hope not. While it would be fun to watch, it's nothing but a distraction. A reality show going on at your facility is not a good thing. It might not hurt production, but it certainly isn't going to help.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 08, 2011, 09:04:11 AM

Normally I would be against this, but the Bucs need to sell some tickets so anything to get Morris, Freeman, Blount, Williams, and the rest of the core on TV and into people's minds has to be a good thing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 08, 2011, 09:42:09 AM

Although young, the Bucs seem mature and focused enough to be able to handle it. It would be awesome viewing as a Bucs fan. I'd be all for it. I just don't want any Bucs getting on the cover of Madden.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 08, 2011, 10:24:36 AM

It might increase ticket sales, but I'm still against it. This young team needs to stay focused on getting better. They don't need any distractions. Ticket sales will naturally increase as the winning continues, and it will.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 08, 2011, 10:40:19 AM

I doubt we will, not a big enough market.

Cincy was on there 2 years ago.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 08, 2011, 11:44:48 AM

I have to agree with Sparky. It's nice to get attention, but we'll fill the stadium again in due time. And I can see the local media using this against us ANY time we lose a game.

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 08, 2011, 11:57:07 AM

I hope it happens.

Handiman1031

Second String
#25 : March 08, 2011, 12:07:25 PM

As much as I would love to see this team on hard knocks I wouldn't want it bcuz we would probably lose good practice squad players with that.. would be hard to hide them that way

This is something I agree with.  This last season we had a great deal of success stashing players on the practice squad and moving them to the official roster to contribute on Sundays.  We would almost certainly lose a guy like the Bengals lost Corey Lynch to us after the show that year or the Jets lost Woodhead to the Pats this past year.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 08, 2011, 12:22:15 PM

Interesting perspectives...   it appears a lot of hardcore fans don't want the pub... and appear very, very cautious.   Losing a PS player isn't much to me.

I'm surprised I guess, I see this as a better investment in the future of our team than going out and buying free agents.   

I think Grella, Morris and Dominik could handle it very well.   Olson, not so much.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 08, 2011, 12:25:15 PM

I would love the bucs being on hard knocks i think it would help ticket sales.. But i do feel like the Eagles with Vick probley have a better chance at getting the show maybe even the Skins

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 08, 2011, 12:40:19 PM

The Eagles, i could see. Skin, not so much.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 08, 2011, 12:49:18 PM

Every GM in the league knows every player in the league, and a lot of players in the CFL and UFL.  That is their job.  So the chances a GM spots a guy on Hard Knocks and says .......Hey he looks pretty good, wonder what his name is?...........slim to none.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs being considered for HBO's Hard Knocks series « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools