Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs being considered for HBO's Hard Knocks series « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jeanclaud

Starter

#30 : March 08, 2011, 02:52:53 PM

I too would be worried about the potential distraction, but damn if that wouldn't be exciting. It's the sort of thing that could propel alot of our guys in the Probowl voting.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 08, 2011, 03:04:32 PM

I would love the bucs being on hard knocks i think it would help ticket sales.. But i do feel like the Eagles with Vick probley have a better chance at getting the show maybe even the Skins

Eagles have Reid as their coach, I have a bit of a hard time seeing it.  Here are the teams I can see likely getting it:

Bucs
Ravens
Falcons
Lions
Seahawks
49ers

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 08, 2011, 03:23:22 PM

People always site distractions, but it didn't seem to negatively affect the Jets or Bengals that badly.  I do think the Practice Squad issue is a legitimate concern though.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#33 : March 08, 2011, 10:18:54 PM

It be cool, but i don't want any unnecessary distractions for this team. I don't want a camera at our practices either. And I do care about losing practice squad players. Dominik has a great eye for talent and that PS player could be a Blount or a Williams or a Penn. That's just me. Would it be entertaining? Heck Yeah! But not to the expense of the team. Our goal is to win a ring, not to be the most popular.

+1

It would be really cool to see. I like getting the chance to see more of what goes on behind closed doors. I really the show with other teams, so I can't imagine how cool it'd be with the Bucs on it. That being said, I think I would be against it for the same reasons that chaz stated.

And being a young team, those practice squad players could be thrown into the fire at any point in the season, as evidenced this year, so we need the best possible players we can get and can't afford to give opposing teams a look at how the player carries himself on the team, interacts with other players, etc by allowing cameras into our facility.
: March 08, 2011, 10:24:05 PM AlstottUpTheGut

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 08, 2011, 10:35:56 PM

It be cool, but i don't want any unnecessary distractions for this team. I don't want a camera at our practices either. And I do care about losing practice squad players. Dominik has a great eye for talent and that PS player could be a Blount or a Williams or a Penn. That's just me. Would it be entertaining? Heck Yeah! But not to the expense of the team. Our goal is to win a ring, not to be the most popular.
I agree 100%. It would be very cool to see the Bucs get exposure like that, but I just don't think it is worth the risk. This team can do something very special this year.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 25, 2011, 06:48:26 PM

Just an FYI... I was two weeks ahead on this story.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#36 : March 25, 2011, 06:58:06 PM

In all honestly, how many teams made a decision to snatch up any New York Jets  practice squad players based off what they saw on Hard Knocks with the Jets last year? If a GM makes a decision to grab a player based off an HBO special then they really didn't do their homework that well at all.

I think people are honestly making it out to be more then it is. Is it a distraction? Maybe to the fans it is but I doubt the players honestly would look at it any different then a video interview through out the camp. I would love watching it in all honestly. I think it would be very informative about how Raheem runs the locker room behind closed doors and get to know the players a little bit more then what generic interviews are always brought up by the same reporters.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 25, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

I think people tend to forget that all these guys earn their paychecks playing in front of cameras every Sunday as it is. I don't think it's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs being considered for HBO's Hard Knocks series « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools