Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 DLine « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 08, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

I'm sort of curious why everyone wants to draft an interior lineman so highly? Do you want to replace Larsen or do you think the Bucs will not sign Davin Joseph? I agree that the Bucs should take a guard in this draft, but I think it should be 4th round or later after addressing the front 7 on defense
Most of us want to dump Joseph. It's also a pretty good non-left tackle offensive line class and IMO prospects like Cannon, Brewer, Ijalana, and others project as better pros than the second and third tier DE's like Acho.
: March 08, 2011, 12:52:34 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 08, 2011, 01:36:09 PM

I'm sort of curious why everyone wants to draft an interior lineman so highly? Do you want to replace Larsen or do you think the Bucs will not sign Davin Joseph? I agree that the Bucs should take a guard in this draft, but I think it should be 4th round or later after addressing the front 7 on defense
Most of us want to dump Joseph. It's also a pretty good non-left tackle offensive line class and IMO prospects like Cannon, Brewer, Ijalana, and others project as better pros than the second and third tier DE's like Acho.
To be honest it's not so much that I want to dump Joseph. I think we'll bring him back for 5- 6 mill most likely unless he gets an over the top asking price, and I liked what Larsen did last year.
In my opinion though Cannon looks like that type of Arron Sears guy we've been missing opposite of Joseph and I really like what he brings, nothing against Larsen but if someone gets hurt he makes a good, versatile back-up along the line.
And if Cannon is already gone by that pick I'm starting to like that Rackely kid from Lehigh a lot more and he should be there when we pick.
: March 08, 2011, 01:43:14 PM freeman 5

Formerly known as Revis Islander

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#17 : March 08, 2011, 06:25:35 PM

Love Cannon---Would be willing to trade up in the 2nd to assure him.  358 lbs and the numbers he had at the combine. He has the body and lightness of
foot (see vertical jump and broad jump) to become a pro-bowl guard.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 08, 2011, 07:45:34 PM

Call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first, but I wouldn't mind seeing us take Akeem Ayers as an OLB with run stuffing and pass rushing ability then pair him with a character project like Romeus, who is more of an edge rushing RDE.  Romeus may be around in the 4th so that gives us 2 picks in between to address OG, CB (someday Ronde will retire), etc, or a LDE prospect if one drops to the second round.  If the top 4 DE's go before we pick, I would prefer Ayers or even Jimmy Smith (can you say coverage sack!).  JMO

[Add witty one liner here]
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 DLine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools