Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not Winning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 10, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »

Police Raid at Charlie Sheen's House

30 minutes ago by TMZ Staff   

The LAPD and other law enforcement are converging at Charlie Sheen's house in a pre-planned raid.

Sources tell us the LAPD has been conducting an investigation into criminal activity -- possibly drugs or weapons.  And someone who is at the house tells us cops may be attempting to put Charlie on an involuntary -- 5150 -- psychiatric hold.

Story developing

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 11, 2011, 12:41:58 AM »

Still winning, though maybe not bi-winning anymore.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 11, 2011, 12:48:25 AM »

It's related to his restraining order and the weapons that are prohibited in that said order. However, that restraining order is supposed to be lifted because he just came to a custody agreement with his ex. about their boys.

And, IMO, I think the 5150 stuff is nonsense.

A few days ago, Sheen shot this skit for the website, Funny or Die. Not too shabby for his first stab at scripted comedy since all the craziness happened. You won't laugh out loud but there are couple of laughs.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/10/charlie-sheen-funny-or-die-mike-farah/

FunnyOrDie exec says Charlie Sheen video shoot was 'more like going to your neighbor's house than going to a circus'

by Jeff Labrecque

Less than 24 hours. That’s how long it took the FunnyOrDie crew to shoot, complete, and post its “Charlie Sheen’s Winning Recipes” video from the moment its 10-man crew rolled up at Charlie Sheen’s house on Wednesday morning. The comedy website’s president of production, Mike Farah, tells EW that his team was eager to work with Sheen on something original. “He’d done his own web stuff, but he hadn’t done any sort of scripted comedy piece since this whole thing began,” says Farah. “We wanted to be the first ones out of the gate.”

One of FunnyOrDie’s founders, Chris Henchy, had worked with Sheen on Spin City, so when they learned from mutual friends that he was interested in doing a video, they connected on the phone over the weekend to discuss ideas. The cooking show was the second idea. The first? “The first one kind of had more of a Hollywood bent to it, with a scene of him talking to his fictional agents and managers and publicists about what was going on, and he didn’t think like that was a great fit,” says Farah. “So then we pitched the cooking show, and he just heard that and said, ‘That’s it.’ I think he just loves cooking and he has those two amazing kitchens at his house.”

So what was it like to roll up on Casa Sheen on a Wednesday morning? Was it like going backstage after a Stones show? Were the previous night’s revelers still plastered on the front lawn? “It was definitely more like going to your neighbor’s house than going to a circus,” says Farah. “It was as normal as you could imagine it being. We got there, he greeted us. He offered us breakfast. We set up. We went through the script with him. It seemed like he was really into acting and working with the directors to make it as good as possible. He was a total pro.”

By about 2 p.m., the shoot was done, and after a late, late night of editing, the video posted early this morning. In the end, FunnyOrDie wasn’t as worried about being first as they were about being upstaged by Sheen himself. “That was something we did think about,” says Farah. “Because this character of his that has emerged does have some priceless lines. We just wanted to capture that and put it in the silly framework of the cooking show.”

Already, the video has been seen nearly 800,000 times online, and the door is open for a sequel. Farah said he expects to talk with Sheen about more ideas after the actor returns from Haiti next week. “Obviously, timely and topical stuff does so well online, because that’s what people are talking about,” says Farah. “For better or worse, this [story] will be around for awhile.”

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 11, 2011, 12:53:47 AM »

The TMZ report is woefully incomplete...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20472862,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 11, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »

Winning again.

Charlie Sheen Twitter

#fastball; the LAPD were AWESOME. Absolute pros! they can protect and serve this Warlock anytime!!!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 11, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »

Cops Raid Charlie's House After Alarming Call

3/10/2011 9:05 PM PST by TMZ Staff   

UPDATE 10:22PM PT: Law enforcement sources tell us LAPD has wrapped up their search. Charlie was not arrested ... and we're told he was very cooperative.

UPDATE 10:42PM PT: Charlie's attorney Mark Gross says police found one rifle -- from the 1800s -- and "a few bullets." He says Charlie has no other weapons in the house. Gross also confirmed that police were executing a search warrant in response to a complaint from someone -- he didn't know who -- making a statement about Charlie and a gun.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... cops raided Charlie Sheen's house after receiving a call earlier today that Charlie threatened to harm himself with a firearm. 

Under the restraining order obtained by Brooke Mueller, Charlie is prohibited from possessing weapons.

Cops are inside the house right now, searching for firearms and ammunition.

And law enforcement tell us cops are not trying to place Charlie on a 5150 psychiatric hold.

Charlie, his lawyers, and several friends are sitting at a table in the backyard eating hamburgers. KTLA shot video of the surreal scene from their helicopter.

We are told the LAPD has been conducting several investigations involving Charlie, including the possible violation of the TRO.

Story developing

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 11, 2011, 02:49:17 AM »

While Sheen's life may not be "winning" - he is extremely bright, intelligent and FUNNY...

...but most narcissists are, when they want to be...wonder how much his parents are behind this? Understand he's got them really worried.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 11, 2011, 02:53:01 AM »

Dude's got Adonis DNA, clearly he got it from his parents.  They shouldn't be worried.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 11, 2011, 02:58:49 AM »

I don't think he has anything different than any of the rest of us - what we're seeing is why most folks tie a knot in the end of our ropes...because we eventually all get there.

The unravelling at this point - illustrates why you have to tie the knot before you begin any existential bender...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 11, 2011, 08:49:25 AM »

Charlie, his lawyers, and several friends are sitting at a table in the backyard eating hamburgers. KTLA shot video of the surreal scene from their helicopter.

Here's that video for anybody who cares...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/10/charlie-sheen-police-raid-house-los-angeles-alleged-drugs-guns-5150-psychiatric-hold

They must have some really good gyroscopic stabilizers because the helicopter shot is stable as hell.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 11, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »

joe, do the stabilizers not typically work in that environment?

I have always loved Charlie Sheen - hope he can get back to his "WINNING" (also love the fact that he's not "Whining").

...no doubt he's done this to himself, but the pressure from the media scrutiny has to be unbelieveable for a jonesing addict...are they trying to push him over the edge so they can film the abrupt stop?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 11, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

They work but that cameraman had to have been zoomed in really far to get that shot. It  worked great. I've never been able to use one because the stations I worked for didn't have a budget for them. Or a helicopter.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 11, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »

Tells you how much money there is in humantrainwreck reporting...does TMZ not utilize freelance guys?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 11, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »

Tells you how much money there is in humantrainwreck reporting...does TMZ not utilize freelance guys?

I'm sure they do. I remember when a station in Hollywood (could have been TMZ but I'm not sure) was looking for freelance cameramen to do that kind of stuff. I was really desperate for money and
wasn't working. But I didn't want any part of that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 11, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »

They work but that cameraman had to have been zoomed in really far to get that shot. It  worked great. I've never been able to use one because the stations I worked for didn't have a budget for them. Or a helicopter.

Pretty crazy, with all the stuff going on in the Middle East/North Africa.  Even Wisconsin, closer to home.  These news organizations have zillion dollar uplinks ready to go in case they want to break in with really important stuff.  LIke the Warlock or if Lindsay Lohan will be getting jail time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not Winning « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools