Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Lockout Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« : March 11, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »

Well since the players are going to decertify today I figured we should make one thread to discuss all things lockout.

As of right now according to NFL.com the union plans to decertify today.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 11, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »

We were initially skeptical NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith’s plan to decertify because progress is clearly being made on a possible labor agreement Friday.

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that the latest ownership proposal “split the difference” between the two sides.  That’s a lot of progress and the union has yet to counter.

If the player’s chose to decertify without a counterproposal on a day with significant movement, it would support the belief that the players believe they can get the best deal in court.

The same source that told Silver the latest proposal “split the difference” says the union made no counter, and they are headed to court.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/silver-most-recent-offer-split-the-difference-union-headed-to-court/

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 11, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »

Well according to NFL.com the union has pulled back on plans to decertify.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 11, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »

I got a bunch of Bucs games on tape from through the years, but I might have to limit it to only watching on Sundays so they will last me a while. Sure hope by mid-July the pressure starts building and they can get a deal done. As long as there is football on the second Sunday in September, I don't care what they do until then.

BucFanOcala1

Second String

« #4 : March 11, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »

Screw litlle babies like brees and manning...I just feel bad for the under paid players...Have fun not collecting your million dollar paychecks you sissys...

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 11, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2011, 4:46 PM EST

The NFLPA has offered to extend the deadline for doing a new deal in exchange for one thing.

The union wants 10 years of audited financial statements.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said that the union has requested the information, and that a decision from the league is due by 5:00 p.m. ET.

We’ll find out how serious the NFL is about doing a deal soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/ball-is-in-nfls-court/

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #6 : March 11, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »

I never thought it would come to this but I say "f" em all.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 11, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »

Well, now things are about to get ugly.

The NFLPA applied for decertification Friday afternoon at 5 p.m. ET, following an ultimatum issued by NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith issued just an hour before that the NFL released ten years worth of audited financial statements.

Both sides seemed to expect to get to this point, yet it’s still jarring and depressing for NFL fans.

There was significant progress at the negotiating table on Friday, but negotiations are basically going to end now.  We’re headed to the courtrooms.   Sigh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/union-applies-for-decertification/

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 11, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

As much as the players cry about the owners planning for a lockout, it seems like the NFL tried to prevent it but the players union wanted this to go to court.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 11, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »

They want the financial statements. That seems to be their goal.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
« #10 : March 11, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eb6e46/article/union-decertifies-after-failing-to-reach-labor-deal-with-league

ope, sorry cyberdude; i guess you posted this first.

Pat Benatar - Bloodshot Eyes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcMEHl0wTqY

hsmith

Second String

« #11 : March 11, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »

Financial Statements won't change anything. The NFLPA's ignorance to avoid all other issue's for transparency is a joke. The decertification play is just that a play. hope the judge rules against the NFLPA and says they can't decertify.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 11, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »

NFL- take it or leave it.

Just give me my season ticket money back. I'll find something else to do Sept-Jan.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 11, 2011, 05:40:28 PM »

The union, literally asked to see the owners check book, again...and they knew they weren't going to get what they asked for...

I don't care if they decertify because I know I'll see all my favorite players again real soon - when the nutjobs that vote to decertify start getting my kids happy meals together...

morons.

(do you think that old "indecent exposure" charge against Peyton Manning at UT will come back to haunt him when he applies for the PE teachers position in Indy?)

Incomparable sig by Incognito

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 11, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »

Financial Statements won't change anything. The NFLPA's ignorance to avoid all other issue's for transparency is a joke. The decertification play is just that a play. hope the judge rules against the NFLPA and says they can't decertify.

According to Mike Florio, the NFL can't use the sham argument because the CBA that the NFL agreed to in 2006 said that the union had the right to decertify.

He explains it here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/sham-argument-may-not-apply/
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Lockout Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools