Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggested Cap for 2011 $114 million? « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 12, 2011, 12:41:55 PM

Based on a twit by Tom Curran who posted a snap shot of the proposed salary cap numbers for for 2011 through 2014 the cap would have been $114 million in 2011 and moved up by $7 million in each year there after.

Now, if everyone remembers a few months ago Pat Yasinskas guesstimated the 2011 cap would be in the range of $140-$150 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/17742/nfc-south-2011-salary-cap-figures

Based on 14 teams having committed over $100 million towards the 2011 cap already part of the problem with the NFLPA  and the owners would appear that there were going to be more then just a handful of veteran players being cut/released to make room for rookies and teams to effectively maneuver to get under the hard cap number.

So the Bucs who reportedly would have had nearly $60 million in cap room would appear to be in the $20 million range should the owners last offer have been excepted.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 12, 2011, 12:58:22 PM

I believe last year the buccs spend 80 million on players - with several contracts ending/FAs to be signed I would suspect 30-40 million would have been available I think Yuc.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 12, 2011, 01:29:36 PM

From what I can find the 2009 floor was close to 114M

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

hsmith

Second String

#3 : March 13, 2011, 02:26:29 PM

I believe last year the buccs spend 80 million on players - with several contracts ending/FAs to be signed I would suspect 30-40 million would have been available I think Yuc.

The BUCS spent roughly 60 million last year.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 13, 2011, 02:34:13 PM

Cap #'s and real payroll are usually separate numbers....sometimes substantially.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 13, 2011, 07:26:24 PM

The BUCS spent roughly 60 million last year.

Could you show me where you got that number - and whether it is a cap number or an expenditure number?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggested Cap for 2011 $114 million? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools