Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sportsagentblog's 2011 Mock Draft w/agents (Round 1) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

: March 15, 2011, 04:07:04 PM

Hey everyone, my name is Brandon Thorn and I currently write for Sportsagentblog, covering the 2011 NFL Draft. I serve in the U.S. Air Force and do this on the side. I was born in Denver and have and always will be a die-hard Bronco fan. I was raised in Clearwater, Florida so I'm also a big Bucs fan. I would like to post a link to my mock draft, which also has links for my Top 32 overall players, as well as my Top 5 for every position. Comments are highly encouraged, I hope that you guys find my perspective original and enjoy my work.

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/01/04/the-sports-agent-blog-2011-nfl-mock-draft/

Stay tuned for round 2, coming tonight.

chrisras

Starter

#1 : March 15, 2011, 04:44:52 PM

I like the Aldon Smith pick. He is a Karate expert which helps him with his hand eye cordination and to keep blockers off his body. I'm cool with it

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

#2 : March 15, 2011, 07:19:04 PM

Thanks! Yea, I really think he would fit perfectly down in Tampa. Raheem Morris likes the flashy, big impact/high risk type of guy..not that every guy will be that way, but Smith has potential to be REALLY good, with the right guidance and coaching. Him or Clayborn seem to fit perfectly...I also like Akeem Ayers A LOT and think he can fill their 4-3 outside linebacker need plus when they go to their hybrid 3-4 look he fits there as well.

calibucfan15

Starter

#3 : March 15, 2011, 07:33:42 PM

I actually think the draft very well could play out this way. Although this is a top heavy defense draft, the need for QB's is gonna trump choosing from this pool of DE's. However I'm  not so sure Smith will still be there. His youth and athleticism lends himself to be molded into a monster that some team before won't pass up. A team who can risk the pick like NE.

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

#4 : March 15, 2011, 11:55:39 PM

hey everyone, my 2nd round is now up! Be sure to check that out as well and leave some comments on the site or on here if you could. Feedback is greatly appreciated from everyone

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 16, 2011, 11:34:29 AM

Well put together.

Thanks.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2011, 12:18:17 PM

I like the Aldon Smith pick. He is a Karate expert which helps him with his hand eye cordination and to keep blockers off his body. I'm cool with it

Karate expert? He has been getting dinged all winter about the fact that he cannot get off a block and is likely the most raw of the 1st round DE/OLB types.

I'd rather have Kerrigan/Houston/Watt

Don't even get me started on A. Clayborn.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2011, 12:31:04 PM

Nicely done Brandon...

the only pick I'm scratching my head about is Atlanta...   I think they go D Line in the first.

If Sheard's still on the board at 51 for the bucs - that's my ticket.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 16, 2011, 01:00:03 PM

Don't even get me started on A. Clayborn.

What's your take on him?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 16, 2011, 02:22:48 PM

well done

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

#10 : March 16, 2011, 05:49:07 PM

Nicely done Brandon...

the only pick I'm scratching my head about is Atlanta...   I think they go D Line in the first.

If Sheard's still on the board at 51 for the bucs - that's my ticket.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate everyone's comments.

As for Atlanta, the reason why it was so tough for me to give them a defensive lineman was simply because Abraham will get one more year and he had 13 sacks last year. On the other side they have Kroy Bierman who has shown tons of potential. They may or may not get a guy to rotate with those guys, but their need at receiver is a little bit bigger in my opinion. Aside from Roddy White, Jenkins is really inconsistent and has been for years. Below him is virtually nothing. I could see a linebacker though for sure, Mike Peterson is a free agent and so is Stephen Nicholas. Lastly, Thomas Dimietroff is brilliant with drafting, I'm not so sure he would take a chance on Adrian Clayborn or not. I may change this pick for them before draft day, right now it makes the most sense to me out of the guys I have available where they are picking.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 16, 2011, 05:57:48 PM

I like smith aloth... The more i watch him, the more I think of Rice. His frame is so similar. Only thing that scares me is his lack of moves. We've been burned in the past on guys that rely on speed (im lookin at you gaines).

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

#12 : March 16, 2011, 06:08:15 PM

I like smith aloth... The more i watch him, the more I think of Rice. His frame is so similar. Only thing that scares me is his lack of moves. We've been burned in the past on guys that rely on speed (im lookin at you gaines).

I agree with that assessment for sure. He looks a whole lot like Simeon Rice. What you're saying with his lack of moves really makes me wish Tampa still had Rod Marinelli to remedy that problem

OneDayGM

Practice Squad

#13 : March 17, 2011, 11:12:19 AM

What do you guys think of my projection for the Bucs in the 2nd? What about some of my other 2nd rounders?

chrisras

Starter

#14 : March 18, 2011, 03:21:41 AM

I don't know much about Carter other than he is flying up draft boards.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sportsagentblog's 2011 Mock Draft w/agents (Round 1) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools