Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bailey coming in for a visit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 16, 2011, 12:05:13 AM

Allen Bailey to visit Broncos, Buccaneers, work out for Falcons

The National Football Post
26 minutes ago

University of Miami defensive lineman Allen Bailey is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and conduct a private workout for the Atlanta Falcons later this month, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

Per one source, Bailey is going to be visited in Miami by an NFL head coach and general manager.

The powerful, sculpted 6-foot-3, 285-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.71 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and registered a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 9-9 broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 27 times.

Named second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference, Bailey led the Hurricanes last season with seven sacks as he posted 45 tackles, 11 for losses.

A converted linebacker, Bailey has played defensive tackle and end. He has drawn varying grades with at least one NFL team projecting him as a late first-round selection and others expecting him to go in the second round.

Draft analysts have questioned whether Bailey fits best at tackle or end. He said he believes his best position is as a 4-3 defensive end.

"I feel like I probably could put on more weight, but well see," Bailey said. "Id played strictly outside the last three years, so it was an adjustment going inside. I got the swing of everything and adjusted pretty well."

As a junior, Bailey recorded seven sacks and 11 tackles for losses to earn first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors.

For his career, he finished with 107 tackles, 33 for losses and 20 sacks.

Bailey grew up in an extremely small Georgia town called Hog Hammock 15 miles off the coast on Sapelo Island. Recruiters had to take a half-hour boat ride to get to Bailey, which has a population of about 50 people.

The legend goes that recruiters were renting speed boats to outhustle the competition for Bailey.

"They'll find you anywhere," said Bailey, who chose Miami over Alabama, Florida and Georgia. "I wanted to get out of the state of Georgia, so why not Miami? It was pretty close. Id never traveled too much. I didnt travel at all until my senior year of high school. So, I wanted to do that."

It was tough for Bailey to organize games since there were only about 20 kids on the island.

"We had football, basketball, outdoor stuff," Bailey said.

Bailey bench presses 420 pounds and power cleans 375 pounds and was twice named Strength Training Athlete of the Year.

He has several nicknames, including Billy Bicep.

That met with Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris' approval.

"Billy Bicep, Popeye. Big Bailey, a whole list of them," Bailey said. "Favorites for me were Popeye and Billy Bicep."

Bailey said he talked to Tampa Bay, Atlanta, the Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers and the Cleveland Browns for combine interviews. He also interviewed with the Falcons at the Senior Bowl.

Bailey has an 18 1/2 inch wingspan, 10 1/2 inch hands.

Bailey said his best football remains ahead of him.

"I kind of know some of my weaknesses," Bailey said. "Hands need work sometimes, getting off blocks, attacking blockers."

calibucfan15

Starter

#1 : March 16, 2011, 12:13:19 AM

I'd be interested in him in the 2nd should Sheard be gone. He's kind of an enigma. Had solid production but doesn't really flash when you put on the tape. I think he was underdeveloped while at Miami and is an excellent athlete. Is the perfect boom/bust candidate, but hopefully after he works with Millard could become the monster his measurables say he could be.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 16, 2011, 12:14:32 AM

I really do not see us passing on him in the 2nd and would not be surprised if we even move up a few spots to get him. He's definitely a player who projects to be a better pro than he was a college player.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2011, 12:20:24 AM

Good.

He intrigues me as a LDE.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 16, 2011, 12:25:01 AM

Not a fan at all

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 16, 2011, 12:56:13 AM

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2011, 12:58:28 AM

If get Kerrigan, Smith, or Houston in the first then this guy in the second our Defensive Line would be a huge strength

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2011, 01:07:12 AM

Dont know much about this cat. He doesn't look that big though.  Looks more like a LB than DE.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wyla86

Second String

#8 : March 16, 2011, 06:05:51 AM

Bailey is a monster and could help immediately....... D-line would be better with him on the LE position..... strong dude.......... BUCS go get this dude

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 16, 2011, 08:00:34 AM

It should be noted that the Bucs under Dominik and Morris have typically drafted players or signed undrafted free agents whom, they have brought to team headquarters and worked out.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 16, 2011, 08:06:20 AM

Dont know much about this cat. He doesn't look that big though.  Looks more like a LB than DE.
the guy is 285.  he's big for even  a DE.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 16, 2011, 08:09:15 AM

It should be noted that the Bucs under Dominik and Morris have typically drafted players or signed undrafted free agents whom, they have brought to team headquarters and worked out.
that is true.  Pouncey in the 1st and Bailey in the 2nd.  There is going to be some unhappy Buc fans.
: March 16, 2011, 08:16:34 AM Skull and Bones

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2011, 08:19:22 AM

Hate him in the 1st.

Somewhat OK with him in the 2nd.

Love him in the 3rd.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 16, 2011, 08:26:08 AM

I really don't want this guy in the first round. I really want this guy in the second round.

Justin Houston/Allen Bailey would be a nice combo on rounds 1/2.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 16, 2011, 08:30:14 AM

that is true.  Pouncey in the 1st and Bailey in the 2nd.  There is going to be some unhappy Buc fans.

True but they can bring like 30 players in for visits, correct?  I wouldnt jump to that conclusion just yet.

I watched Bailey in college and he is a great athlete, but not a great football player.  He is very slow off the snap....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bailey coming in for a visit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools