Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bailey coming in for a visit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 16, 2011, 08:44:38 AM

It should be noted that the Bucs under Dominik and Morris have typically drafted players or signed undrafted free agents whom, they have brought to team headquarters and worked out.

Do you happen to know what % of our draft picks since Dom took over were indeed brought in for pre-draft visits?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 16, 2011, 08:51:17 AM

well obviously McCoy and Price did.  Not sure about Lewis.  We all know they were all over researching Williams diligently.  Not sure about the punter or all 7th rounders.  I know they brought in Carter and Blount.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 16, 2011, 08:57:08 AM

he is a great athlete, but not a great football player. 

This.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2011, 08:58:09 AM

Good.    Either this cat or Sheard at 51.   LDE's of the future.

Guy's raw and a physical talent.   He needs some NFL coaching - great fit for the Bucs.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 16, 2011, 09:14:11 AM

Sunny - Not sure what percentage, but it has been a pretty high number.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 16, 2011, 09:36:04 AM

I watched Bailey in college and he is a great athlete, but not a great football player.  He is very slow off the snap....

Good reaction is usually in a great athlete's toolbox...I suspect if he is a great athlete like some say then his slow get-off is probably due to other factors. Speculating that if he's put into ONE position (instead of 3 like college) and given top caliber coaching that he'll surprise people at the next level.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 16, 2011, 09:43:48 AM

seems to be of high character as well.  hard to get with the wrong crowd growing up on an island of 50 people I guess.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 16, 2011, 11:16:56 AM

he is a great athlete, but not a great football player. 

This.

as an FSU fan i never stick up for miami but i will make an exception for bailey. dude got terrible coaching. he was also switched from Linebacker, to tackle, to end, to tackle to end. there were games when he disappeared but those were games when he faced elite tackles and got no help from the rest of the D. those games miami got destroyed in example 2010 vs FSU. when hes on though, hes on. that being said id love him in the 2nd round. hes versatile, nasty and really strong

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 16, 2011, 11:18:13 AM

I watched Bailey in college and he is a great athlete, but not a great football player.  He is very slow off the snap....

Good reaction is usually in a great athlete's toolbox...I suspect if he is a great athlete like some say then his slow get-off is probably due to other factors. Speculating that if he's put into ONE position (instead of 3 like college) and given top caliber coaching that he'll surprise people at the next level.

this guy gets it

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 16, 2011, 12:25:09 PM

Allen Bailey in the Second Round?  I'd be good with that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 07, 2014, 12:35:06 PM

Bump. I was just thinking how there was a lot of chatter about Bailey three years ago. Looks like he hasn't done much of anything in the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 07, 2014, 01:45:58 PM

I really liked his prospects as a 4-3 LDE.

Maybe he just needs a fresh start in a new system.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 07, 2014, 01:54:02 PM

Went round 3 to the Chiefs and hasn't done squat in a 4-3 his first two years or in a 3-4 this last year. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 07, 2014, 02:15:47 PM

Dammit. I thought it said Dion Bailey when I clicked on this! :(

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 07, 2014, 02:17:33 PM

I had forgotten about this guy.  Even though I made several responses on this thread back in 2011 when I clicked on it today I had no idea who he was. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bailey coming in for a visit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools