Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs don't want Martez Wilson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 17, 2011, 08:59:29 AM

What do you guys think of Quan Sturdivant? I think he would be an OUTSTANDING pick in the 3rd or 4th round. Immediate starter at one of the 3 linebacker spots, former QB, very instinctive, good tackler, and solid in a pass drops.

He's exactly what the defense needs. But they'll probably have to take him in the 2nd round.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2011, 09:00:55 AM

Watching the game, Bucs at NO today.  Ruud made a big hit to cause NO to fumble at the Buc 4.  Bucs already behind 7-3. Maybe if game goes to 14-3 we don't win.
Bilick (former Blat coach) comments that some in Tampa are down on Ruud for a lack of big hits, but he thinks Ruud is good, and went on to say Gruden always said he liked Ruud.
I heard Morris say he was happy with Ruud.

A little earlier,  in that same game, did you see Ruud get absolutely DISTROYED in the hole trying to make 1 on 1 tackle? That just CAN'T happen to the Starting middle Linebacker of your football team.

watch the 49ers game. Blount did the same thing to Patrick Willis. I guess he got DEstroyed as well? seriously though, Willis had a couple chances on that one play and if i can find it, theres anotherone where he knocked Willis back before someone else came in to clean up. It happens to ALL LBs no matter how good they are.

3:20 ish mark.

here ray lewis looking silly....

not trying to hijack the thread, but once again, it happens to every LB. Ruud isnt a top 5 MLB, but hes not a bottom 5 either. Its just us tampa fans nit picking. That said, i dont think Wilson will be of Ruud quality or better in the NFL.
: March 17, 2011, 09:12:54 AM tatmanfish

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 17, 2011, 09:11:58 AM

Other than Von Miller there isn't a LB in this draft I would take before round 3.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 17, 2011, 09:13:29 AM

not even Carter?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 17, 2011, 09:15:51 AM

I think Carter is extremely over rated and now he had knee surgery too. No thanks.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 17, 2011, 09:43:04 AM

I'm with J-Dub on this one 100%. I don't like any of these linebackers before round 3, and it amazes me that Carter is still considered a second rounder considering there are reports out there they'd he'd likely start out on a teams' PUP list.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 17, 2011, 10:15:37 AM

Ruud all day baby!

Give him 5 years and 30 million....ok, 23 million...

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 17, 2011, 10:18:59 AM

forget Wilson.  Mario Harvey is even faster:  http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x27441136/Harvey-is-speedy-during-pro-day

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 17, 2011, 10:19:54 AM

forget Wilson.  Mario Harvey is even faster:  http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x27441136/Harvey-is-speedy-during-pro-day

That's what I'm saying. Why waste early picks on average LBs when we can get gems like Harvey or Irving later in the draft?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 17, 2011, 11:04:32 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Martez Wilson - LB - Player
Illinois ILB Martez Wilson struggled at the Fighting Illini Pro Day according to multiple accounts.
Wilson demonstrated "stiffness," according to Sporting News' Russ Lande, and CBS Sports' Rob Rang heard even more scathing reviews. "Everyone left that workout disappointed with him," said one scout. "His footwork was bad, his hands were bad, even his countenance was bad. ... He didn't look like he wanted to be there." This won't ease concern that Wilson was a workout wonder at the Combine, running the fastest forty among linebackers.
Source: CBS Sports

huckleberry

Rookie

#25 : March 17, 2011, 11:44:17 AM

That doesn't mean a whole lot that the Bucs weren't at the workout. The area scout, Seth Turner, could have conflicting pro days so he went to another school. He could have had a private workout scheduled for that day. Or he could have been in Tampa for meetings at One Buc. Mark Dominik, Dennis Hickey, and Raheem Morris don't travel that much to pro days. In fact they probably travel less than any other coach, GM, and director of college scouting in the NFL. They let the area scouts handle the vast majority of those while they focus on the tape. The Bucs could think Wilson is garbage, or that he's a stud, but not being at the Illinois pro day doesn't provide the answer.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 17, 2011, 12:19:12 PM

Illinois ILB Martez Wilson struggled at the Fighting Illini Pro Day according to multiple accounts.
Wilson demonstrated "stiffness," according to Sporting News' Russ Lande, and CBS Sports' Rob Rang heard even more scathing reviews. "Everyone left that workout disappointed with him," said one scout. "His footwork was bad, his hands were bad, even his countenance was bad. ... He didn't look like he wanted to be there." This won't ease concern that Wilson was a workout wonder at the Combine, running the fastest forty among linebackers.

Uggh - maybe we should have been there. Now we won't know how bad he is.  ;)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 17, 2011, 07:37:41 PM

This is why I don't like him. He may look that part but I think he is another Sabby Piscatelli. No instincts. No love for the game.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 18, 2011, 05:00:36 AM

Watching the game, Bucs at NO today.  Ruud made a big hit to cause NO to fumble at the Buc 4.  Bucs already behind 7-3. Maybe if game goes to 14-3 we don't win.
Bilick (former Blat coach) comments that some in Tampa are down on Ruud for a lack of big hits, but he thinks Ruud is good, and went on to say Gruden always said he liked Ruud.
I heard Morris say he was happy with Ruud.

A little earlier,  in that same game, did you see Ruud get absolutely DISTROYED in the hole trying to make 1 on 1 tackle? That just CAN'T happen to the Starting middle Linebacker of your football team.

watch the 49ers game. Blount did the same thing to Patrick Willis. I guess he got DEstroyed as well? seriously though, Willis had a couple chances on that one play and if i can find it, theres anotherone where he knocked Willis back before someone else came in to clean up. It happens to ALL LBs no matter how good they are.

3:20 ish mark.

here ray lewis looking silly....

not trying to hijack the thread, but once again, it happens to every LB. Ruud isnt a top 5 MLB, but hes not a bottom 5 either. Its just us tampa fans nit picking. That said, i dont think Wilson will be of Ruud quality or better in the NFL.

#1. That wasn't Patrick Willis at the "3:20 is mark." That was #51 Takeo Spikes.
#2. Ray Lewis may have gotten stiff armed, but he managed to bring Eddie George down in the process. Ruud got DESTROYED and left on his back while the RB continued to run up field (a.k.a. TRUCK-STICK for my Madden Players)
#3. Barret Ruud isn't in the same AREA CODE of Talent as Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis. Period.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a MLB to get beaten on a play or two. But at the end of the day, I expect my Starting MLB to have more "Wins" than "Losses." When the film of that play (when Ruud got Owned) came on in the LB Meeting, I'm sure there was some respect lost for him in the room.
Ruud may not be a bottom 5 LB, but he is "Outstandingly Average;"  Not a quality I'd like in my MLB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 18, 2011, 08:23:24 AM

The argument is stupid because Ruud's weaknesses aren't about one single play, BUT to say Ruud getting trucked by a 220lbs Chris Ivory is the same as our 250lbs freak mode Blount running some poor sap over....is just lame. Blount has ran over, dragged, or hurdled just about every great defensive player in the league in just one year. It's apples to oranges.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs don't want Martez Wilson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools