Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs don't want Martez Wilson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 18, 2011, 09:34:14 AM

The argument is stupid because Ruud's weaknesses aren't about one single play, BUT to say Ruud getting trucked by a 220lbs Chris Ivory is the same as our 250lbs freak mode Blount running some poor sap over....is just lame. Blount has ran over, dragged, or hurdled just about every great defensive player in the league in just one year. It's apples to oranges.

I agree, it certainly isn't about one play. It's about an attitude. When you heard Raheem say he wants his defense to be "Violent," Barrett Ruud was not a guy that came to mind. Guys like Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Patrick Willis etc. play LB like they are pissed off and want to fight the world, not like they want to "maybe talk about something." I would like for us to have a MLB that is cut from the same cloth as those guys... you know, BURLAP! Not...you know, Egyptian Cotton!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 18, 2011, 12:02:20 PM

forget Wilson.  Mario Harvey is even faster:  http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x27441136/Harvey-is-speedy-during-pro-day

That's what I'm saying. Why waste early picks on average LBs when we can get gems like Harvey or Irving later in the draft?
+1

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 18, 2011, 01:02:52 PM

He wont be available to us unless we trade down. He doesnt warrant the #20 pick, and will be long gone by the time our second rounder roles around.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 18, 2011, 05:11:24 PM

I'm not so sure he is long gone when we pick in the 2nd round, but I hope we still pass.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 26, 2011, 12:40:27 PM

Quote from: Wes Bunting
I keep hearing from team sources that medical concerns are still very real with Illinois LB Martez Wilson, which could cause him to slide on draft day.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-3231.html

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#35 : March 26, 2011, 01:18:13 PM

I am not really a fan of many LB'ers in this draft class except for two. I like Mason Foster (which I hope will be there in the third round) and Mark Herzlich. Mason Foster has the production and the skill to contribute on this team pretty quickly. I also like Mark Herzlich because this guy had first round draft pick written all over him. If we gambled on a first round talent in Mike Williams in the fourth due to character concerns, why couldn't we do the same for Herzlich? I feel like he could make a run for MLB and he is not a wimp like Ruud is. Herzlich was always around the ball carrier in BC and he always laid the hit. I think this guy should be a consideration to the LB group.

Mason Foster and Mark Herzlich are really the only two linebackers we should look into imo.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#36 : March 26, 2011, 02:45:44 PM

The past couple seasons, PR has pointed out that Dominik likes to look ahead to next year's draft in his draft prep. DE was one of the biggest team needs last season, but they completely ignored it in the draft because the 2011 DE class was going to be very strong and the 2010 class left a bit to be desired. I have a feeling that is going to be the case with linebacker this season. There are going to be some extremely talented MLBs in next year's draft while this draft is nearly completely devoid of them. As a result, I don't think you'll see the Bucs draft a MLB even if Ruud signs elsewhere.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 26, 2011, 05:59:55 PM

I kinda agree, but I wouldn't say this draft is totally void of great MLBs. Other than Von Miller I wouldn't take any linebacker in this draft before the 3rd round, but there are quite a few promising LBs projected to be there in the mid rounds.

It's kinda like RBs this year. There isn't a single RB that I consider amazing enough to take in the 1st round this year. Maybe two or three worth a 2nd round pick, but between the 3rd and 7th there are a ridiculous amount of great RB prospects.

I don't think we take a LB early, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't draft at least one in the later rounds.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 28, 2011, 09:20:46 PM

I am not really a fan of many LB'ers in this draft class except for two. I like Mason Foster (which I hope will be there in the third round) and Mark Herzlich. Mason Foster has the production and the skill to contribute on this team pretty quickly. I also like Mark Herzlich because this guy had first round draft pick written all over him. If we gambled on a first round talent in Mike Williams in the fourth due to character concerns, why couldn't we do the same for Herzlich? I feel like he could make a run for MLB and he is not a wimp like Ruud is. Herzlich was always around the ball carrier in BC and he always laid the hit. I think this guy should be a consideration to the LB group.

Mason Foster and Mark Herzlich are really the only two linebackers we should look into imo.

Herzlich is a thumper, but he is weak in pass pro. He is predominantly seen as a 3-4 ILB.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs don't want Martez Wilson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools