Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Other Michigan State Linebacker « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 17, 2011, 01:23:21 AM

While everyone already knows about All-American Greg Jones, fans might want to keep tabs on his running mate Eric Gordon. Gordan who measured in at six foot and 225-pounds during Michigan State pro day. Gordon a fierce and fiery  defender showed off his explosive nature by putting up an KEI of 76 with 25 reps on the bench press then touched 40.5 inches in the vertical jump and 10-feet 7-inches in the broad jump. He then ran in 4.58 range in the 40. Interestingly enough, the last two marks were better than any linebacker turned in at this years combine.  With the team looking at Brian Rolle of Ohio State who is of comparable size and measurable's and whom partook in defensive backs drills recently. I wonder if the team is thinking about creating a rover type position with the success they had with drafting Grimm last year. Anyway another prospect to keep tabs on.

Stats:
Total Tackles: 234
Tackles for Loss: 29
Sacks: 9.5
Passes Defended: 9
Forced Fumbles: 3
Interceptions: 2

: March 17, 2011, 01:28:22 AM yuccaneers

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Buc45

Starter

#1 : March 17, 2011, 10:29:52 AM

I actually like this guy but can't figure out what round he will be mostly taken in....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 17, 2011, 10:36:25 AM

I think TB should move away from small LBs this is an evolving league players who are 240 can cover like a guy that is 225. We need size I only get nightmares with guys around geno Size.

BucsWin31

Starter

#3 : March 17, 2011, 10:41:50 AM

I think TB should move away from small LBs this is an evolving league players who are 240 can cover like a guy that is 225. We need size I only get nightmares with guys around geno Size.
I agree...we're in a division that has big bruising backs....no need for small lbs...but i am intrigued by him tho

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 17, 2011, 10:53:02 AM

I agree...we're in a division that has big bruising backs....no need for small lbs...but i am intrigued by him tho
[/quote]

I thought our division was known for great QB play?

Looks like we have a pretty tough division. I don't get caught up in size to much. We need great defenders, period.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 17, 2011, 11:59:08 AM

I thought our division was known for great QB play?

Looks like we have a pretty tough division. I don't get caught up in size to much. We need great defenders, period.
[/quote]

It is, but each team has a hard running back that is good Thomas being the smallest for the Saints and he is 5'11 215. Not having size is what Happened to the Colts.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 17, 2011, 12:27:08 PM

Based on his forty time think he could potentially be moved to safety like Grimm was last year.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Buc45

Starter

#7 : April 09, 2011, 08:00:30 AM

Based on his forty time think he could potentially be moved to safety like Grimm was last year.

Just read a few more evaluations on this guy as a safety prospect, one from Mel Kiper's Draft Report...Guy is a freakish athlete, very instinctive and a heck of a tackler... I am not a fan of Larry Assante and Sean Jones is just a temporary fix at SS... Gordon could start off as a heck of a special teams player and hopefully develop into a very good SS... I am not coiunting on TJ coming back anytime soon and we desperately need some more talent back there...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Other Michigan State Linebacker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools