Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Floyd in supplemental draft? « previous next »
Page: 1

conrad77

Pro Bowler

: March 21, 2011, 07:43:31 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/21/supplemental-draft-could-include-notre-dames-michael-floyd-2/

Don't care what anyone says about character, this cat is worth a 3rd round pick in 2012.

[Add witty one liner here]

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 21, 2011, 07:54:35 PM

He would be worth a 2nd in my book, very good receiver and I believe he would've been the 3rd receiver off the board and a 1st round pick.

Though some serious scouting would be necessary. WR isn't exactly a real need for us right now after all ---> feels so weird to say that.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 21, 2011, 07:56:57 PM

is he worth it if he gets suspended indefinately by the NFL for his 3rd and 4th DUIs? Seriously, the guys has had 2 DUIs in a year. What else do you need to know about his priorities or his commitment to his team or football? Im usually all for brigning in guys with a questionable past and giving them a chance, but not this guy.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 21, 2011, 08:05:46 PM

He's worth a 2nd. Beast

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 21, 2011, 08:52:58 PM

is he worth it if he gets suspended indefinately by the NFL for his 3rd and 4th DUIs? Seriously, the guys has had 2 DUIs in a year. What else do you need to know about his priorities or his commitment to his team or football? Im usually all for brigning in guys with a questionable past and giving them a chance, but not this guy.

Ummm.... yes.  Yes he is.  He comes in with a clean slate.  The current two don't count against him in the NFL.  1 bad year in college does not make anyone a bad person.  Tell me we all haven't walked down a wavy road or two in our youth.  Kids is live and hasn't done anything to ruin a second chance.  Top 10 talent for a 2nd or 3rd in 2012 but he plays in 2011?  I'm up for that all day.

[Add witty one liner here]

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 21, 2011, 10:15:18 PM

Where would he play? Floyd is a great player. But I'm not sure we really have a WR spot for him.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2011, 07:39:10 AM

Ummm.... yes.  Yes he is.  He comes in with a clean slate.  The current two don't count against him in the NFL.  1 bad year in college does not make anyone a bad person.  Tell me we all haven't walked down a wavy road or two in our youth.  Kids is live and hasn't done anything to ruin a second chance.  Top 10 talent for a 2nd or 3rd in 2012 but he plays in 2011?  I'm up for that all day.

hes already had 2 chances, and screwed them up. If he really cared about his future and wanted to play in the NFL, why would he continue to make the EXACT SAME bad decisions? I guess he probably wont ever have a drivers license again in his life so maybe he would be worth a pick as you wont have to worry about another DUI unless he drives anyways.

i wouldnt spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a #2,3, or 4 WR who hasnt show the slightest glimmer of responsibility, when that pick could be used to adress another position with a higher character player. If it were a single DUI, it would be another story. Mistakes can be forgiven, but when you make the same mistake over and over, it show something is clearly wrong with his decision making process. also, top 10 talent is debateable when he would of been at best, the 3rd WR off the board without the offfield issues.

either way you want to look at it, i wouldnt spend a top pick on a guy who may not be in the league in a year and has continually shown poor decision making. Id rather have a Ronde over a Jeremy Stevens

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Floyd in supplemental draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools