Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan or Clayborn? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#135 : April 22, 2011, 10:30:38 PM

If we want Kerrigan we will have to trade up to get him. No way he makes it to 20. Clayborn will be there at 20 and will probably be our pick if we dont trade up. I hope we do because the kid has star written all over him. He would be a fan favorite as well.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#136 : April 22, 2011, 10:46:40 PM

The problem with trading up specifically for Kerrigan is that we'd have to find the right place to do that.  The only team between 10-15 that I think will be looking to trade down is the Vikings, and it would probably cost a 2nd round pick to move up that high.  The hope would be that Miami is looking to trade down, but that might not be a reality.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#137 : April 22, 2011, 11:52:58 PM

If we want Kerrigan we will have to trade up to get him. No way he makes it to 20. Clayborn will be there at 20 and will probably be our pick if we dont trade up. I hope we do because the kid has star written all over him. He would be a fan favorite as well.
I agree he would be a nice add, but he doesn't have "star" quality to me.  He might endear himself to some fans because of his purported "hustle" play, but guys like Suh have STAR written all over them. 

But I agree, we would have to move up to get Kerrigan, by quite a bit.  Jags are going to get him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#138 : April 23, 2011, 12:31:36 PM

You guys that say the Erbs Palsy is no big deal are over looking one big problem. He has to play on the right side. If he played on the left side he would be leading with his weak arm that he can't fully extend. That is why in college he was at RE 99.9% of the time. If he could play LE for us I'd be fine with the kid, but the fact that we would have to play him at RE and never have a true speed rusher like we need at that spot is a horrible idea.

Give me one of his coaches from Iowa saying thats why they played him at RDE and I'd be with you.  I just think you made it up though.

Well I'm not making up the fact that his right arm is the one he can't fully extend, but I'm making an educated guess as far why he only played RE. You look at any other top D-lineman in college and they are used all over the line. Clayborn virtually never played anywhere but RE.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/12/mail/index.html

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#139 : April 25, 2011, 11:01:23 PM

You guys that say the Erbs Palsy is no big deal are over looking one big problem. He has to play on the right side. If he played on the left side he would be leading with his weak arm that he can't fully extend. That is why in college he was at RE 99.9% of the time. If he could play LE for us I'd be fine with the kid, but the fact that we would have to play him at RE and never have a true speed rusher like we need at that spot is a horrible idea.

Why do people always only want a speed rusher on the right side? Do you think that's the only thing that works on the right side?

Mario Williams, Tamba Hali, Charles Johnson and Will Smith are power rushers and they do their damage from the right side. Power can be just as effective as a speed rush from the right side.

Agreed plenty of power players get the job done rushing the passer.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

jbear

Pro Bowler

#140 : April 26, 2011, 10:08:44 AM

Give me one of his coaches from Iowa saying thats why they played him at RDE and I'd be with you.  I just think you made it up though.

Well I'm not making up the fact that his right arm is the one he can't fully extend, but I'm making an educated guess as far why he only played RE. You look at any other top D-lineman in college and they are used all over the line. Clayborn virtually never played anywhere but RE.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/12/mail/index.html

I'd like to think that he can be effective on either side but I'll admit it is a concern.  Its the things I like about how he plays that makes me want him though.  Look at his hussle, insticts, and intensity on the field.  He's like the anti Justin Houston.  Kerrigan is a hussle guy too but to me doesnt' have quite the insticts or nastyness that Clayborn does at times. At the end of the day I'd be happy with either of them.  Mostly I just hope we shy away from those players who aren't high motor, leaders on the field.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#141 : April 26, 2011, 10:18:42 AM

Kerrigan is far superior.

This ^

[Add witty one liner here]

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#142 : April 26, 2011, 03:45:15 PM

Kerrigan in the first. Sheard/Bailey in the second/ or Romeus in the third. But damn I'm gonna' hate playing Clayborn twice a year. Because the "Aint's" will get him.

Damn Rah :-/.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#143 : April 26, 2011, 03:58:23 PM

I like Clayborn more than most people, but I'd take Kerrigan over him

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan or Clayborn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools