Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan or Clayborn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 25, 2011, 10:47:15 AM

He definitely doesn't compare well to Rice. Rice would juke and spin and leave offensive linemen looking stupid with broken ankles. He'd often times get to the QB without being touched.

Kerrigan goes right at guys and uses his hands and foot work to find a small window and then make it count by lunging at the ball carrier or QB. He isn't fancy but he manages to constantly take the shortest route to the QB and get immediate pressure.

If they were running backs Rice would be Adrian Peterson and Kerrigan would be Mike Alstott. Both get it done, just in different ways.

Draft Aaron Donald

jeanclaud

Starter

#31 : March 25, 2011, 11:01:56 AM

I love Kerrigan's game and the one thing that stands out to me is how well-rounded he is. He has the ability to play RDE and LDE. If we draft him, I imagine Raheem will be moving this guy all over the place to create mismatches. If we can come away from this draft with Cam Jordan, Ryan Kerrigan, or JJ Watt, I think we will take the NFCS next year.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#32 : March 25, 2011, 07:30:35 PM

I love the fact that Kerrigan is able to defend the run, too.  He would certainly upgrade both our pass rush and run defense.  That's one of the reasons I don't think he'll be there at 20.  I think he would be worth trading up to 15 for, though.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#33 : March 27, 2011, 03:24:56 AM

In love with Kerrigan, so I'd take him.  He's got the bull rush, hes got the rip, the swim, the spin and even the edge. I really don't know how people can be down on him. Led the nation in tackles for a loss. Please and thank you
: March 27, 2011, 03:26:52 AM LGB_MikeWill

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 27, 2011, 09:47:17 AM

Think he lead the nation in forced fumbles as well.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 27, 2011, 04:23:17 PM

I thought I read somewhere that he is tied for first in career forced fumbles.. Yup

"Kerrigan's two forced fumbles give him 14 for his career, which marks a new Big Ten record. The senior also is tied for the all-time FBS record for forced fumbles with Terrell Suggs (Arizona St., 2000-02), Antwan Peek (Cincinnati, 2000-02) and Kenechi Udeze, Southern California, (2001-03)."

Definitely my number one realistic choice

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 27, 2011, 04:48:50 PM

I thought I read somewhere that he is tied for first in career forced fumbles.. Yup

"Kerrigan's two forced fumbles give him 14 for his career, which marks a new Big Ten record. The senior also is tied for the all-time FBS record for forced fumbles with Terrell Suggs (Arizona St., 2000-02), Antwan Peek (Cincinnati, 2000-02) and Kenechi Udeze, Southern California, (2001-03)."

And I think the forced fumbles is a stat that means something. It translates to the NFL. You don't just get lucky that often. He obviously has a knack for locking on and jarring the ball lose. That's big to me.

Draft Aaron Donald

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 27, 2011, 08:15:55 PM

go down and get em dom.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 27, 2011, 09:42:59 PM

Kerrigan

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 27, 2011, 10:52:25 PM

And I think the forced fumbles is a stat that means something. It translates to the NFL. You don't just get lucky that often. He obviously has a knack for locking on and jarring the ball lose. That's big to me.
Completely agree, no way its a coincidence. Even on tape, if he has the chance to get the ball, he'll put his hand in there while making the tackle.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#40 : March 28, 2011, 06:19:35 AM

I seem to remember Sapp saying something similar on NFL network, maybe during the combine coverage.  I don't think he was talking about Kerrigan, necessarily.  He just thinks forced fumbles is a very important stat.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 28, 2011, 07:47:50 AM

Ray Edwards and Ryan  Kerrigan are nothing alike. Edwards is dominant against the run, Kerrigan has a higher pass rush upside and not that good of a run stopper. Horrible comparison.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 28, 2011, 08:08:07 AM

I would take Kerrigan over Clayborn but Clayborn over Houston

jbear

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 28, 2011, 12:29:08 PM

Ray Edwards and Ryan  Kerrigan are nothing alike. Edwards is dominant against the run, Kerrigan has a higher pass rush upside and not that good of a run stopper. Horrible comparison.

I beg Bucfans to remember our run D last year.  I don't know if I can put into words how disapointing it was to see a complete lack of toughness from a Bucaneer defense.  Kerrigan gets out of position and even  pushed around in the run game.  Clayborn's downside is only that he might not lead the NFL in sacks. He'll get some sacks.  Clayborn is a beast at the point of attack and in run defense.  He's a guy I want to see in a buc uniform even if he doesn't excite some of you as much as some other guys.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 28, 2011, 01:17:26 PM

I beg Bucfans to remember our run D last year.  I don't know if I can put into words how disapointing it was to see a complete lack of toughness from a Bucaneer defense.  Kerrigan gets out of position and even  pushed around in the run game.  Clayborn's downside is only that he might not lead the NFL in sacks. He'll get some sacks.  Clayborn is a beast at the point of attack and in run defense.  He's a guy I want to see in a buc uniform even if he doesn't excite some of you as much as some other guys.

I can't argue with any of this.  Clayborn would definitely help set the tone in run defense.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan or Clayborn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools