Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud vs. Heyward « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : March 25, 2011, 11:29:50 AM

So me saying Ruud can play in a 3-4 is the same as me saying every team that runs a 3-4 is going to be after Ruud? Give me a break dude. You are grasping at straws. As I stated, teams that run a 3-4 need a run stuffer and a cover guy at ILB. 3-4 teams still need to cover TE's and RB's out of the backfield, and still need LB's capable of playing zone. If teams have capable LILB's, then they aren't going to pursue Ruud, because he is obviously not a stout downhill run stuffer. As I stated, it depends on what teams are looking for. But that is an entirely different subject from whether or not Ruud would be able to play in a 3-4 scheme.

You said Ruud would start for San Diego and could play ILB for 3-4 teams.  We already know what you think about Ruud in Tampa's 4-3, so by your logic the bidding for Ruud's services are open the entire league.  He should do well in FA if those are true statements.  If you want to back off those statements, that's up to .

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 25, 2011, 01:20:00 PM

So me saying Ruud can play in a 3-4 is the same as me saying every team that runs a 3-4 is going to be after Ruud? Give me a break dude. You are grasping at straws. As I stated, teams that run a 3-4 need a run stuffer and a cover guy at ILB. 3-4 teams still need to cover TE's and RB's out of the backfield, and still need LB's capable of playing zone. If teams have capable LILB's, then they aren't going to pursue Ruud, because he is obviously not a stout downhill run stuffer. As I stated, it depends on what teams are looking for. But that is an entirely different subject from whether or not Ruud would be able to play in a 3-4 scheme.

You said Ruud would start for San Diego and could play ILB for 3-4 teams.  We already know what you think about Ruud in Tampa's 4-3, so by your logic the bidding for Ruud's services are open the entire league.  He should do well in FA if those are true statements.  If you want to back off those statements, that's up to .

So I'm guessing you don't think anybody is going to be interested in Ruud, right? Sure. I'll take that bet.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : March 25, 2011, 04:01:16 PM

So I'm guessing you don't think anybody is going to be interested in Ruud, right? Sure. I'll take that bet.

I'm not sure why you would guess that, since I never said anything of the sort.  I don't think any 3-4 team will be interested in Ruud, no.  There are a handful of 4-3 teams that would give him look, but no too many.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 26, 2011, 04:49:28 PM

I'm sure there are a few flag football teams that would be hot on Ruud's trail.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 27, 2011, 02:41:21 AM

I'm sure there are a few flag football teams that would be hot on Ruud's trail.
Name just one.

You have to be quick in Flag Football.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#65 : February 02, 2012, 06:34:56 PM

Anyone catch Heyward on 1010 JP Peterson. Good interview. He sounded very depressed, still - over the 2011 season.

Said Schiano hasn't called the players - you think he should?

Heyward didn't really sound optimistic about the coming season. Like I said...depressed.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#66 : February 02, 2012, 06:45:57 PM

Because Heyward probably knows that there might be a lot of turnover and he won't be apart of the team going forward. He is a good special teamer. That is about it. We can move on and not worry.

Schiano is also probably busy looking for the best possible coaches. I could care less if he talks to them right now. Let them sweat it out for a little bit. Make them realize that this time things will not be a cakewalk like it was under Raheem.

sharp2325

Starter

#67 : February 02, 2012, 07:31:40 PM

Agree. Why in the hell does he have to call the players? This is a business. Not a summer camp. If they are butt hurt, it's because they have come accustomed to Morris's candy land run buddy buddy system. Schiano has definately got better things to do, considering we have yet to hire a friggin OC or DC.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#68 : February 02, 2012, 07:31:49 PM

I always thought Heyward was an alright backer. Tough and actually tackles guys who come his way.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#69 : February 02, 2012, 07:38:57 PM

Funny what he said about Raheem near the end of the season - Raheem would come up to Heyward after a big play and comment that he was at wit's end why the defense he called wasn't making the plays like they should have. Wish i could get the podcast, but 1010 doesn't provide them.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud vs. Heyward « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools