Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cody Grimm Rookie Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: March 24, 2011, 08:37:59 PM

I was bored today so I decided to throw together a quick compilation of Cody Grimm's rookie season. He only started from week 4 through week 11 so it's a bit limited, but here it is anyways. Enjoy!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 24, 2011, 08:40:19 PM

BEAST.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#2 : March 24, 2011, 09:02:05 PM

YES we missed his pressance on the feild...e**CENSORED**ally on run support

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 24, 2011, 09:23:11 PM

The play at 2:18 was impressive, he just exploded to the QB.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 24, 2011, 09:59:49 PM

Seeing the highlights back to back it seems clear to me at least, that he is diagnosing the plays quicker then anyone else on the D.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 24, 2011, 10:10:08 PM

BEAST MODE

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 24, 2011, 10:15:41 PM

Good stuff... LOVE that kid. Was a clear difference when he went out on IR.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#7 : March 24, 2011, 10:39:00 PM

Thanks J Dub, It is really great to see Grimm who should only get better.  Grimm and Biggers came out of nowhere to be huge contributors.  Morris and Lake must have a lot to do with the effectiveness of our secondary made up of with some unknown names.

I guess if /when T Jax comes back, the Bucs will have to let go of either Lynch or Assante.

Assuming all come back from IR and no other players go to IR (not gonna happen), the Bucs have 4 to cut just to get to 53. (This doesn't factor in Huggins who probably won't be ready at the start of the season, if the start is on time.

When the 2011 draft class comes in---there will really be some tough cutdown decisions to make.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 24, 2011, 10:44:55 PM

I am telling everybody that Jones right is just a fill in and he is gone as soon as they can get rid of him. Yes he played well for us last year but he is not in a long term plans.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 25, 2011, 12:05:16 AM

I agree we need to get a coverage FS in case Jackson is done for good.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 25, 2011, 12:53:08 AM

Love that dude.  I don't think its a coincidence the run defense improved greatly with Grimm in there full time. Just hope he can stay healthy.  He has great football instincts, something a guy like Sabby lacked. Just goes to show you being a better athlete is not always the ticket.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 25, 2011, 03:48:37 AM

That kid has QUICKLY become one of my favorites. I absolutly LOVE how fearless he is in run support, and shows good speed in the open field. More Kudos to Rahminik for this late round gem. Like the rest of you guys, I hope he can stay healthy, because he surely brings an attitude to that defense. He has the ability to diagnose the play, and he is PISSED OFF when he gets to the ball! (Hello Mr. Ruud, I'm talking to you!)

I don't want to turn this into a Ruud-Bashing, but someone please tell me you saw what I saw at (02:37 mark in the tape). I'm pretty sure I saw Grimm start twice as far from the line of scrimmage as Ruud, and not only make the tackle, but Ruud actually gets ran over on the play! While Grimm is making a B-Line to the running back, Ruud is "dancing a jig" or something with his feet. It's this kinda indecisiveness that drives me nuts!
: March 25, 2011, 04:01:11 AM docbravo

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 25, 2011, 07:49:02 AM

Grimm quickly turned me from a "oh god I miss Tanard" guy to "who was the guy who smokes all the weed?"

Again the thing with Grimm is he only has 7 starts under his belt. Imagine what a whole season would do for him in terms of experience? Man i'm getting pumped just thinking about it

Thanks Jdoub for putting this together.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 25, 2011, 08:40:12 AM

Not bad for a 7th rounder!

Keep it up Mark.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : March 25, 2011, 10:37:43 AM

Seeing the highlights back to back it seems clear to me at least, that he is diagnosing the plays quicker then anyone else on the D.

Not surprising.   Him and Ruud are the brains on the D.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cody Grimm Rookie Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools