Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cody Grimm Rookie Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 25, 2011, 10:41:13 AM

Best tackler on the team.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 25, 2011, 10:50:24 AM

Best tackler on the team.

No doubt. I wish he was 40lbs bigger so he could be our MLB! lol

Draft Aaron Donald

Shiznit709

Second String
#17 : March 25, 2011, 11:00:28 AM

when we drafted him i didnt even know if he would make the roster....OMG i love this kid now!

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : March 25, 2011, 12:09:45 PM

when we drafted him i didnt even know if he would make the roster....OMG i love this kid now!

Other than Lorig, he was the only draft pick I liked.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#19 : March 25, 2011, 01:13:46 PM

Cody Grimm was a relative surprise for everyone. I remember watching the draft day happen and I was wondering who this kid was. I knew he was Russ Grimm's son but I never knew much more about him. I got to say I was very happy with the level of play he was giving for a 7th rounder. Its kind of crazy when you think about it. This team could very well have 3 7th round picks that end up being part-time/full starters. (Lorig-FB, Grimm- SS, Watson-OLB)

There must be something about the 7th round with Mark. He has picked 5 roster players from the 7th round.

Can anyone name any 7th rounders that stuck through the Bruce Allen era?

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 25, 2011, 02:45:29 PM

Reads and reacts in the run game so well. Smaller version of John Lynch. He hits pretty hard too. After another good year, lock em up with a good extension.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 25, 2011, 02:54:18 PM

Mark Jones was a good special teams player, both returning and covering.
Adam Hayward and Geno Hayes were 6th round picks.

But yeah, Mark has gotten some great talent in the 7th round.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#22 : March 25, 2011, 04:13:19 PM

Mark Jones really wasn't much other then a STer. Which I mean is fine for a 7th round pick but if you compare all the other 7th rounders that Bruce Allen had.Adam Hayward was a good late find for Bruce Allen. I remember watching Geno Hayes stock fall. If he had stayed another year and put up numbers similar to his junior season, he could have been looked at as a 1-3rd rounder. Geno fell because he came out too early and was undersized.

Bruce Allen's 7th rounders since 2003

Mark Jones-- Out of League
Casey Cramer- Out of League
Rick Razzano - Out of League
Hamza Abdullah- Arizona Carindals
Paris Warren - Out of League
JR Russell - Out of League
Justin Phinisee- Out of League
Charles Bennett - Out of League
Tim Massaquoi - Out of League
Marcus Hamilton - Out of League
Kenneth Darby- St Louis Rams
Chris Denman - Out of League
Cory Boyd - Out of League

Out of 12 7th rounders only 2 are still in the league and none have played meaningful football with the Bucs. That is a 1/6 ratio of BA's effectiveness in late round picks.

Meanwhile just 2 years into Mark Dominik's drafts we have all of our 7th rounders on the team and contributing.
Sammie Stroughter - Slot Reciever 3/4th depth chart
EJ Biggers - Was 1st string CB for a while and effective Nickel CB.
Cody Grimm - Was a fast rising young defender and performed very nicely as a starter in his limited time playing. Possible future starter at safety
Dekoda Watson - Effective ST'er and good fill in replacement for Quincy Black during a few games. Needs more development but a possible starter as well.
Erik Lorig- Everyone counted him out and figured he would get cut. Went from DE to TE to FB and has really found his niche at FB. Was so effective they cut Chris Pressely and stuck with him. Might even bump Earnest Graham off of his spot.

We even had 2 more 7th rounders last year but we traded them for a 5th rounder this year.

Its a nice thing to know we have a GM that listens to our scouting department. Because not much has changed in the College Scouting department and we have found some effective starters with late round picks. I have only seen 2 Mark D prospects (Fulton,Bowden) that have flamed out in TB). Good numbers so far for Mark D!

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 25, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

Grimm should only get better.....love this kid

JDog

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 25, 2011, 10:26:12 PM

Allen did better than Dominik in the 6th round.

Seriously, who gives a crap though?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 26, 2011, 12:52:46 AM

That kid has QUICKLY become one of my favorites. I absolutly LOVE how fearless he is in run support, and shows good speed in the open field. More Kudos to Rahminik for this late round gem. Like the rest of you guys, I hope he can stay healthy, because he surely brings an attitude to that defense. He has the ability to diagnose the play, and he is PISSED OFF when he gets to the ball! (Hello Mr. Ruud, I'm talking to you!)

I don't want to turn this into a Ruud-Bashing, but someone please tell me you saw what I saw at (02:37 mark in the tape). I'm pretty sure I saw Grimm start twice as far from the line of scrimmage as Ruud, and not only make the tackle, but Ruud actually gets ran over on the play! While Grimm is making a B-Line to the running back, Ruud is "dancing a jig" or something with his feet. It's this kinda indecisiveness that drives me nuts!

Hahaha wow. Yea Ruud looked like he somehow wasn't sure how the play will unfold and let Ray Rice pretty much come to him. Grimm knew what was gonna happen in less than a second and beat Ruud to it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 26, 2011, 01:02:19 AM

That's always Ruud's problem. He waits for the action to come to him.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 26, 2011, 03:14:08 AM

I wonder what his assignments were on some of those plays. He looks like he'd be susceptible to play action

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 26, 2011, 03:18:14 AM

That kid has QUICKLY become one of my favorites. I absolutly LOVE how fearless he is in run support, and shows good speed in the open field. More Kudos to Rahminik for this late round gem. Like the rest of you guys, I hope he can stay healthy, because he surely brings an attitude to that defense. He has the ability to diagnose the play, and he is PISSED OFF when he gets to the ball! (Hello Mr. Ruud, I'm talking to you!)

I don't want to turn this into a Ruud-Bashing, but someone please tell me you saw what I saw at (02:37 mark in the tape). I'm pretty sure I saw Grimm start twice as far from the line of scrimmage as Ruud, and not only make the tackle, but Ruud actually gets ran over on the play! While Grimm is making a B-Line to the running back, Ruud is "dancing a jig" or something with his feet. It's this kinda indecisiveness that drives me nuts!

Hahaha wow. Yea Ruud looked like he somehow wasn't sure how the play will unfold and let Ray Rice pretty much come to him. Grimm knew what was gonna happen in less than a second and beat Ruud to it.

Of course I don't know what the defensive play call was on that play, or what Ruud's assignment was, but it just looks bad when your MLB is TAKING a shot, vs. DELIVERING one!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 27, 2011, 04:11:34 PM

If the Bucs had 11 Cody Grimm's on defense, it would be the number one D in the league.   Yes, that's right, he could play D line as well.   

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cody Grimm Rookie Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools