Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's last Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 08, 2011, 11:35:18 PM

Just out of curiousity, why was the Favorite 50 thread moved to the Insider board?

It's just easier for me to keep track of on the Insider board. Hardly anyone posts there!  :P

Draft Aaron Donald

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#46 : April 09, 2011, 01:54:44 PM

Solid draft all the way around. I'm fine with the first two picks. I think Kerrigan will be a decent player, but I'd like to see him eventually get moved to LE and get a pass rusher with more speed. I like Dowling too, but I'm worried about his injury history.

I used to be a fan of Irving, but I think he tackles too high. Too often I would see him grasping at the ballcarrier's jersey around the shoulder pads and that's a recipe to get run over in the NFL. I think you can get a player very similar (athleticism, instincts, size) as Irving in Harvey, as you have later in the draft. Plus I think Harvey is a better tackler.

Salas, as you said, is a wildcard, who looks perfect to work the middle. However, we have a few WRs waiting in the wings for their chance and I'm not sure Salas is significantly better than them. That being said, I would okay with the pick depending on who else is there at the time. This seems a little like a luxury pick and I would rather see OL or another DE addressed here.

I like the Thomas pick. He looks like the next coming of Gonzalez and Gates with the athleticism and big body to box out smaller safeties and corners. He is pretty raw, both in blocking and route running, but he looks to have a ton of potential to be tapped.

I think that Allen Bradford is a luxury pick especially since you have Spann later in the draft. I don't know exactly what your entire plan was for the offseason, but we could potentially have Blount, Caddy, Earnest, Huggins, Lumpkin, Spann, and Bradford in camp and that doesn't seem realistic. Again, I don't know your entire plan, maybe you have some of those guys getting cut.

I think Harvey is going to be a stud.

I really like Spann as a change of pace for Blount and this is a good spot to grab a RB that also fits our draft plan.

Overall I like this draft and would be fairly happy if it turned out this way even though there are some players I like that would get away. Nice work.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 10, 2011, 03:27:56 PM

I don't plan on Lumpkin or Caddie coming back, so that's why I'd like us to grab Bradford and Spann.

With Irving, you are correct. His tackling fundamentals need work. The good news is that is something that can be coached. He can improve at that. What can't be coached is instincts, leadership, and a strong work ethic....and Irving has all of those things.

Only 19 days!

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 25, 2011, 10:29:06 PM

I haven't changed my mock much since Febuary, but I'm the first to admit my mock is what I want and not what I think will happen. So my "want" mock stays the same, but I decided to do an alternate mock that is more realistic of what might actually happen.

1st - Adrian Clayborn - I really think we want Kerrigan but if we don't trade up to 15 I don't believe he will fall to us. I think Clayborn is a risky pick, but I have a feeling he will end up being our 1st round pick.

2nd - Stephen Paea - If we get Clayborn in the 1st he will be on the right side. I think Paea is a guy that can play LE for us but also move inside when asked and be just as productive. He's a bit raw but very strong and very versatile.

3rd - Leonard Hankerson - This will shock some folks, but the Bucs didn't have 6 WRs in for visits just for the heck of it. They had Hankerson in for an interview and workout, I think they liked what they saw, and I think they move up to get him at the top of the 3rd round.

4th - Nate Irving - Raheem has made several comments about having regrets he missed out on Brandon Spikes. I think he gets a similar player in Irving this year.

5th - Jaquizz Rodgers - They like him, I like him, I think we might have to trade up a little to get him, but we get our man in the end.

6th - Ahmad Black - I think Black is going to fall. Many sites still have him as a mid round pick, but I think his lack of size and very slow 40 times end up hurting him. He still seems like a good fit for Tampa and could end up being a steal.

7th - Mario Harvey - Not sure he is still there this late, but I think Mario Harvey fits Tampa too well for us not to be very interested.

7th - Joseph Barksdale - Big offensive lineman. Needs work but has great potential.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#49 : April 25, 2011, 10:34:19 PM

I don't know much about Paea, I'll have to look him up

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#50 : April 25, 2011, 10:36:17 PM

I like Paea. I believe he can overpower the o-line :D

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : April 25, 2011, 10:55:28 PM

I don't know much about Paea, I'll have to look him up

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1279979.0.html

Draft Aaron Donald

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#52 : April 25, 2011, 11:06:33 PM

Now now Jdub you still seem to slip one of your "WANT" guys into this mock. Don't see any scenerio were we draft Paea. I'd also place a wager on us drafting a TE!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 25, 2011, 11:06:48 PM

Good mock. It looks realistic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#54 : April 25, 2011, 11:16:44 PM

Now now Jdub you still seem to slip one of your "WANT" guys into this mock. Don't see any scenerio were we draft Paea. I'd also place a wager on us drafting a TE!

Well Paea is a want, but I think he fits what Raheem wants. He can play anywhere on the line and is built like a 285lbs linebacker. He moves around extremely well and is ridiculously strong. With Raheem running more 3-4 and 3-3-5 I can see him drafting another big stud LE/DT that gives him more versatility.

If we did take Paea in the 2nd we might take a hybrid DE/LB pass rusher like Donte Moch or Chris Carter instead of Nate Irving though....

Draft Aaron Donald

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 25, 2011, 11:24:43 PM

Allen Bailey will more than likely be the DE/DT hybrid. Paea will be long gone before 51 and I don't think he or any DE will have any affect what so ever on us drafting a hybrid I think we take one either way just not so sure about how soon.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's last Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools