Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 28, 2011, 11:15:49 AM

TB better sign Asomugha!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 28, 2011, 11:24:06 AM

Talib's an idiot.  For those saying Jimmy Smith, he's another Talib just waiting to happen.  Dowling has injury questions, but nobody questions his character.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : March 28, 2011, 11:30:40 AM

Maybe Raheem can take him to a basketball game.   That oughta fix it.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 28, 2011, 11:32:11 AM

Talib's an idiot.  For those saying Jimmy Smith, he's another Talib just waiting to happen.  Dowling has injury questions, but nobody questions his character.

All of this.

Getting Aso might have just become a huge priority. Also, our stance with HBO might have changed a little too (but who knows if it's good or bad)

I like Talib, he's a heck of a talent but we can't have to worry about these things all the time (like Jackson). Even if the discipline is non-existent or small, I think it would be smart for the team to try and move on from him or possibly trade him if we can. I want on-field Talib on the team, not off-field.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2011, 11:39:14 AM

Yeah, Aso is a slight need now. Our shutdown CB is going to be done for the year.

mattyd1521

Second String
#20 : March 28, 2011, 11:56:53 AM

It is ashamed Talib can't stay out of trouble because he is a top shutdown CB. I've been one of his defenders but all the naysayers about his character issues were right. Enough is enough...misdemeanor or felony he won't learn from his mistakes. One of the Bucs biggest keys to success has been wiped out due to a guy who just can't stay out of trouble.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#21 : March 28, 2011, 12:02:07 PM

It is ashamed Talib can't stay out of trouble because he is a top shutdown CB. I've been one of his defenders but all the naysayers about his character issues were right. Enough is enough...misdemeanor or felony he won't learn from his mistakes. One of the Bucs biggest keys to success has been wiped out due to a guy who just can't stay out of trouble.

Looking back we probably should have taken Chris Johnson or Desean Jackson.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : March 28, 2011, 12:04:47 PM

Sign Nnamdi and draft Ras I Dowling

I think that should just about take care of everything in the defensive backfield

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 28, 2011, 12:13:42 PM

Can the investigation at least take place before we jump to conclusions?

We know a few facts: Talib's sister's boyfriend is a bad guy. He was a wanted man on two previous domestic abuse offense, both committed against Saran. There's no doubt he had any business being within 100 feet of her, so there's that to consider. He had a weapon himself that police found in a garbage can nearby. Considering those facts, you have to take a step back from being a fan and realize that quite possible some real person's life was in danger.

Now, I'm not justifying the use of weapons, but I'm not going to sit in judgement of whomever fired the shots at this known bad guy, who had a weapon, in this situation.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 28, 2011, 12:14:25 PM

Another mistake made by Gruden/Allen. Man Im glad they are gone. Ruuds next, please draft a corner and get rid of this punk too.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 28, 2011, 12:18:24 PM

Argh.

I understand defending your sister, but damn.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 28, 2011, 12:22:14 PM

Even if he gets out of this one, there will just be something else later on. He's not even that good anyway, I don't care how many picks he gets.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 28, 2011, 12:30:27 PM

Another mistake made by Gruden/Allen. Man Im glad they are gone. Ruuds next, please draft a corner and get rid of this punk too.
. During the ensuing skirmish, Gruden dropped the gun and Billings picked it up and began runnning, prompting Bruce Allen to produce a gun and fire three shots toward him. Billings told police that Gruden then took Okolo's gun, said "I'll shoot him" and fired at least two shots before Billings safely ducked into nearby woods.

Nope, this is all on Talib. Plenty of character-concern guys are drafted, many of whom mature. Talib has displayed a lot of football skill, but his anger issues keep reappearing. I'm not going to go on about this, because we know only one side of the story, at best.

I just wanted to say that Talib was a good pick by the Bucs at the time, but Talib seems to be unable to learn from his mistakes.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 28, 2011, 12:32:04 PM

Can the investigation at least take place before we jump to conclusions?

We know a few facts: Talib's sister's boyfriend is a bad guy. He was a wanted man on two previous domestic abuse offense, both committed against Saran. There's no doubt he had any business being within 100 feet of her, so there's that to consider. He had a weapon himself that police found in a garbage can nearby. Considering those facts, you have to take a step back from being a fan and realize that quite possible some real person's life was in danger.

Now, I'm not justifying the use of weapons, but I'm not going to sit in judgement of whomever fired the shots at this known bad guy, who had a weapon, in this situation.

Agreed, I am just saying in case he was in the wrong to go after Aso, I'm thinking a step ahead.

I'm in agreement with that.

The other thing is, if he wasn't in the wrong but was involved in some manner, his actions can't go before Goodell because there's no policy conduct in the absence of the CBA.

I hope he wasn't in the wrong though, smh.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 28, 2011, 12:39:32 PM

Classic case of $1 million dollar talent with a $.02 head.

*Melon sighs* ...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools