Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2011, 12:44:55 PM

Why did my heart sink seeing the subject of this post? ughhhhh Well Free Agency this year is stacked at the corner back position. Rather get one there then the draft.

bibfortuna

Second String
#31 : March 28, 2011, 12:46:50 PM

I find it hard to believe that a head case like this just popped out after getting drafted. The more believable scenario is that Gru/Allen decided to gamble on him and that gamble is now costing the Bucs dearly.

bibfortuna

Second String
#32 : March 28, 2011, 12:50:42 PM

I will say this, it was his involving his sister and I have a sister and if a guy was to put her in harm I admit I would do something and would probably not be thinking about the "legal" implications of my actions. If any of you on here have sisters I think you know what I mean, maybe he wasn't in the wrong. We haven't heard his side so we will see.

Agreed, but you wouldnt have had the prior record of wanton misbehavior that Talib's resume includes.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 28, 2011, 01:00:17 PM

Can the investigation at least take place before we jump to conclusions?

We know a few facts: Talib's sister's boyfriend is a bad guy. He was a wanted man on two previous domestic abuse offense, both committed against Saran. There's no doubt he had any business being within 100 feet of her, so there's that to consider. He had a weapon himself that police found in a garbage can nearby. Considering those facts, you have to take a step back from being a fan and realize that quite possible some real person's life was in danger.

Now, I'm not justifying the use of weapons, but I'm not going to sit in judgement of whomever fired the shots at this known bad guy, who had a weapon, in this situation.

Agreed, I am just saying in case he was in the wrong to go after Aso, I'm thinking a step ahead.

I'm in agreement with that.

The other thing is, if he wasn't in the wrong but was involved in some manner, his actions can't go before Goodell because there's no policy conduct in the absence of the CBA.

I hope he wasn't in the wrong though, smh.

I will say this, it was his involving his sister and I have a sister and if a guy was to put her in harm I admit I would do something and would probably not be thinking about the "legal" implications of my actions. If any of you on here have sisters I think you know what I mean, maybe he wasn't in the wrong. We haven't heard his side so we will see.

i have 3 sisters, a mother and a host of female cousins and little nieces. So you probably know exactly how I would feel about a repeat offender, who had an outstanding warrant for multiple DV altercations, being anywhere near my sister, who's been the victim. It's very troubling to begin with. Such a said story, smh.

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 28, 2011, 02:28:03 PM

Don't cut him.  Wait for the legal process and the lock out to end.  See what happens in the court and NFL office.  Even if he's suspended for a season, I wouldn't cut him.  He has value.  You know he is going to be productive on the field, so wait and let him show it.  Then trade him.  Even if he's cleared of all wrong doing in this incident, and serves no NFL suspension.  Hopefully he has another very good season, then unload him.  This guy can't stay on the Bucs roster long term.  That has become pretty evident.  The only risk is he does something else really bad while on the Bucs roster and it's a black eye for the franchise.  That is quite a risk, because the odds of Talib going 24 months without doing something stupid appear to be slim.  I'd still take the gamble, if he can stay clean for a season there will be a team willing to give up a good pick for him.  He has to go though. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 28, 2011, 02:34:58 PM

Can the investigation at least take place before we jump to conclusions?

We know a few facts: Talib's sister's boyfriend is a bad guy. He was a wanted man on two previous domestic abuse offense, both committed against Saran. There's no doubt he had any business being within 100 feet of her, so there's that to consider. He had a weapon himself that police found in a garbage can nearby. Considering those facts, you have to take a step back from being a fan and realize that quite possible some real person's life was in danger.

Now, I'm not justifying the use of weapons, but I'm not going to sit in judgement of whomever fired the shots at this known bad guy, who had a weapon, in this situation.

Agreed, I am just saying in case he was in the wrong to go after Aso, I'm thinking a step ahead.

I'm in agreement with that.

The other thing is, if he wasn't in the wrong but was involved in some manner, his actions can't go before Goodell because there's no policy conduct in the absence of the CBA.

I hope he wasn't in the wrong though, smh.

i have 3 sisters, a mother and a host of female cousins and little nieces. So you probably know exactly how I would feel about a repeat offender, who had an outstanding warrant for multiple DV altercations, being anywhere near my sister, who's been the victim. It's very troubling to begin with. Such a said story, smh.

Yup when I first read the headline my heart sank and was very mad at him, but when I saw it involved his sister and thought about it I understand why he would of reacted the way he did. I hope somehow he doesn't get suspended. Such a shame.
Give me the gun and I'll shoot him...  great to hope I guess...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2011, 03:02:42 PM

Meanwhile, Gerald McCoy is helping fit deaf children with hearing aid in Rwanda:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6265765

Why the heck Talib, a person who was/is dire need of an image reboot, doesn't volunteer to go and help out? He wouldn't be in this mess, smh.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 28, 2011, 03:06:22 PM

Meanwhile, Gerald McCoy is helping fit deaf children with hearing aid in Rwanda:

Why the heck Talib, a person who was/is dire need of an image reboot, doesn't volunteer to go and help out? He wouldn't be in this mess, smh.

Some people get help from their parents and some have to overcome their parents.

This is directly on Talib and no one else. He probably didn't have a good example but he is a grown ass man and can make his own decisions. We already know he isn't very good at that so this shouldn't be too surprising. Its sucks hard but isn't to surprising.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 28, 2011, 03:09:38 PM

E.J. Biggers probably just became a full time starter.

What sucks is that Talib made Roddy White his **CENSORED** so we never had to worry about him. Makes the falcons that much tougher.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 28, 2011, 03:17:48 PM

Some people get help from their parents and some have to overcome their parents.

This is directly on Talib and no one else. He probably didn't have a good example but he is a grown ass man and can make his own decisions. We already know he isn't very good at that so this shouldn't be too surprising. Its sucks hard but isn't to surprising.

Oh yeah, this is all on him unless the ex-boyfriend threatened Saran with a weapon first. All types of extenuating circumstances when you're coming to someone's aid. I just hate the fact that he had to be involved even if it was in a minimal manner.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 28, 2011, 03:20:24 PM

What sucks is that Talib made Roddy White his **CENSORED** so we never had to worry about him. Makes the falcons that much tougher.

But we've seen what happens when you put some hits on Ryan too, then you don't have to have the greatest CBs. That makes getting a DE or DEs even more important.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 28, 2011, 03:30:10 PM

The initial reports don't look pretty and they don't look encouraging. However, if people have learned anything in the last few years of 24x7 reporting is that the initial reports have a tendency to be far from the correct sequence of events.
Let's just see how it pans out and decide if the guy is a complete putz or not a few more days down the road.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 28, 2011, 03:33:03 PM

But we've seen what happens when you put some hits on Ryan too, then you don't have to have the greatest CBs. That makes getting a DE or DEs even more important.

Agreed. Im thinking the Bucs just start E.J. Biggers and Ronde this year. With Myron in the nickel.

Depending on how Biggers and Lewis do, they might draft a corner next year or keep Biggers and Lewis as the starters.

I really just dont see how Talib gets out of this unscathed. No matter how you spin it, he fired a gun at a man outside the confines of his home. Hes going to get charged and it's going to be his third strike.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#43 : March 28, 2011, 03:33:29 PM

Sign Nnamdi
Draft Dowling
Hope for a misdemeanor

^The best course of action

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 28, 2011, 03:40:21 PM

Spartan makes a good point too. This incident allegedly happened a full week ago and no major news outlets have a word to say? And only now are we getting small pieces of a bigger picture mainly from blogs, who have been known to run with statements that are not necessarily fact. It just goes back to my original statement, let's let the investigation play itself out, rather than get worked up about here-say at this point in time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools