Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#75 : April 01, 2011, 11:58:34 AM

Gruden will very likely be back coaching after this year.    The Glazers still have to pay him his $5 million this year, why should he come back now?    He makes more in one year than Heemy has made in his life.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 01, 2011, 12:12:30 PM

Money well thrown away. Sucks for Gruden that he cant do what he loves now and thats coaching. Maybe if he wouldnt have had such a big ego hed still be coaching and earning that money. The Glazers obviously learned their lesson and went with a better cheaper option in Raheem. Youngest team in the league gets a 10-6 record. Their investment is working out. They have Raheem to thank for that.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 01, 2011, 12:18:37 PM

I dont know.   If I were Gruden, I'd be loving stepping away from the game and having a cushy announcing job.   Spending some time with the wife and kids while raking in huge money.   He's good at anything he does so he succeeds at that as well.    He can come back after the Glazers stop paying him that astronomical salary.

10-6 with the weak schedule they had is quite misleading.   Look for a huge fall in 2011 (if there is a season at all). 
: April 01, 2011, 12:20:09 PM JDog

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 01, 2011, 12:26:50 PM

I dunno, youngest team in NFL getting 10-6 record. Look for a big spike in Bucs attention this year. With Raheem at helm we dont have to worry about the team bailing on the HC like they did with Gruden in those last two years. The players keep playing hard for Raheem. They obviously didnt feel the same way about Gruden. Probably why he got fired and was forced to step away from the game to reflect.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 01, 2011, 12:35:36 PM

Gruden didn't get fired after his second year.   Heck, he didn't even get fired when they went 4-12 and he didn't "lose the team" that year either.    But going 4-12 or 3-13 like Raheem did sucks even if you dont lose the team.

Kiffin is the one who lost the team in 2008 by announcing he was leaving.    It's a shame Morris wasn't man enough to step up and take charge of that defense when it was obviously needing some leadership.   The offense was fine those last 4 games, the defense fell apart.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 01, 2011, 12:37:48 PM

Man Gruden losing the team those years was really the back breaker. I mean he couldnt get those guys to play when the games matter. Maybe thats why hes on ESPN now and Raheems calling the shots. Raheem knows how to play the big games when they matter. Obviously unlike Gruden.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 01, 2011, 07:40:10 PM

Let me know when Heemy has a big game.  He hasn't had one yet.   

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 01, 2011, 11:31:12 PM

Gruden blows

JDog

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 01, 2011, 11:34:51 PM

Gruden blows

You must have hated this game then.

You are no Bucs fan if you didn't enjoy that game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 02, 2011, 02:10:47 AM

We enjoyed the super bowl win for sure. It was good for Dungy to see his hard work pay off. I heard Dungy got a text from Gruden right after the game thanking him for the defense. It sounds like Gruden wasnt too confident in himself from the start. That explains why Gruden couldnt get the job done after that. Thats why the Glazers had enough and gave the job to a much more qualified and confident individual like Raheem. They even gave Gruden the rest of his paycheck just so that he would leave the building. Thats desperation there. Good thing Raheem was young but mature enough at the time to get a HC job. He could have had a job anywhere but the Glazers knew they had to snatch him up. They also knew that the mediocre days of Gruden were over. No more 3 yard passes and Jeff Garcia as QB. Anybody who knows football knows that is trash. Thats ok Raheem is here to help those who lack football knowledge. All they have to do is watch and learn. Gruden knows this now that he is analyzing HC's on ESPN.  Maybe he will get his act together now that Raheem has his old job.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 02, 2011, 09:01:41 AM

We enjoyed the super bowl win for sure.

Then you can thank this gentleman.

Gruden is the savior of any Buc fan.   So many years we suffered humiliating season after humiliating season.   We finally get a good team but Dungy loses to the Eagles every year.   Total frustration.    Time was running out and the Glazers made the right move.   They brought in a superstar coach who immediately won the superbowl with the team Dungy couldn't win it with.    I'll never forget the feeling of that superbowl win.   The Bucs will never win another superbowl, so you better keep the DVD of that one.   

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 02, 2011, 01:43:39 PM

Thanks for the history rundown JDog. After that season Gruden might as well packed up and left because all he did was hurt our organization and set us back years. Good thing Raheem has taken over now. A few more years of Gruden would have meant more years of Jeff Garcia running the offense and just plain mediocrity. It wasnt fun to watch at all. The offense we have now is way more fun to watch than any Gruden offense ever had. Gruden the offensive Guru couldnt put together an offense with help. I could put together Grudens offense. Run three yard routes and catch the ball. Raheem obviously knows what hes doing. While Gruden is right where he supposed to be. On ESPN because hes a man of Showbiz. He belongs on TV. Raheems right where he belongs as well. Being the top dog of an NFL team. 

JDog

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 02, 2011, 08:48:07 PM

Bucs will win at least 2 rings with Freeman and Raheem.

So naive... 

It's nice to have that kind of a positive attitude, but 10 years from now you'll realize how ridiculous that statement is. 

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib involved in shooting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools