Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Trump: "Here is my birth certificate...now where is Obama's?" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

spartan

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 29, 2011, 10:45:31 PM

Clearly incorrect?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

I guess Snopes is also run by the Ds and in the tank for Obama?

Yes because the headline is "Birth Certificate" ; then goes on to address : "A Certificate of Live Birth document provided by the Obama Campaign is a forgery"

Again I want to point out that a Certificate of Live Birth is not the same as a Birth Certificate. Therefore the claim that the Birth Certificate has been shown is clearly not correct. They do have one paragraph on there that Hawaiian officials have supposedly seen it, but again, that  is not the same as "we have shown it to you" which is what is being said. As I said, I am not a birther, don't really give much notion to this subject matter, but if you (not you personally) are not going to get it right it will continue to be a sore.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 29, 2011, 11:36:32 PM

Clearly incorrect?

Yes because the headline is "Birth Certificate" ; then goes on to address : "A Certificate of Live Birth document provided by the Obama Campaign is a forgery"

Again I want to point out that a Certificate of Live Birth is not the same as a Birth Certificate. Therefore the claim that the Birth Certificate has been shown is clearly not correct. They do have one paragraph on there that Hawaiian officials have supposedly seen it, but again, that  is not the same as "we have shown it to you" which is what is being said. As I said, I am not a birther, don't really give much notion to this subject matter, but if you (not you personally) are not going to get it right it will continue to be a sore.

I finally looked at what this uber wealthy boob is pounding his chest about and wants Obama to provide the same thing:

Are you freaking kidding me?? Can imagine the uproar if Obama had presented something like that piece of crap?

The facts in all this are pretty simple. Did they provide a copy of Obama's original birth certificate? No ... Did they provide all that was needed by the State Dept to establish one as a natural born citizen? Yes ...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 30, 2011, 01:30:35 AM

Clearly incorrect?

Could be, but I'm cynical enough to not fully believe a couple of people sitting around in their living room with a bunch of cats and rats doing the same thing I can do if motivated to do so. I have no reason to believe them in the same manner as I have no reason not to believe them.

What I find truly entertaining is getting conspiracy lessons from a guy with UFO in his name. The irony is.....wait, hold on a minute.....what's that, up in the sky!!!

Hey, if you want to look like fool, I'm not going to stop you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 30, 2011, 01:31:58 AM

Zoolander has so many perfectly legitimate reasons to be criticized that you don't need to make up paranoid reasons to not like him.

Apparently, they enjoy being paranoid. Nothing you or anybody else says will stop them from making ridiculous claims about his citizenship.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : March 30, 2011, 07:01:14 AM

With all the potential issues w/ our President, I'd think the birth certificate would be the last thing Trump or other presidential candidates focus on (economy, wars, entitlement programs, using UN in lieu of Congress, etc etc).  But for some reason they continue to focus on the least important issue - halfway through his term.

Doesn't seem too strategic on the rightwinger's part, imo.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 30, 2011, 07:36:03 AM

Doesn't seem too strategic not to address it morgan - http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=105023

AOL poll: 81% want Obama to release it
Say president should show American people birth certificate
Posted: July 25, 2009
2:40 am Eastern

2011 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON The latest AOL online poll shows 81 percent of respondents saying Barack Obama should release his birth certificate.

This finding in spite of a veritable media barrage in recent days of unsubstantiated claims ranging from all Hawaiian birth certificates were destroyed to it already has been released.

A story that went unnoticed by most of the major media has now become one of the most covered stories in the nation. But the coverage has been almost exclusively of the kind that downplays the seriousness of the controversy often ridiculing concerns about the birth certificate as conspiracy fodder and matters that only preoccupy the uninformed.

But in the latest AOL poll of more than 66,000 people, 81 percent said it's time for Obama to cough up the original long-form birth certificate. At one point over the weekend, the percentage was as high as 82 percent with more than 30,000 votes.

In fact, in every state in the union including Obama's claimed birthplace of Hawaii and his more recent home state of Illinois most people want to see the birth certificate.

A scientific poll conducted by WND last month found 50 percent of Americans aware of the eligibility controversy, with 49 percent believing he should release the birth certificate as well as other documents, such as his college records.

It isn't like the issue is going away - just a thought. ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 30, 2011, 08:32:46 AM

Clearly incorrect?

Could be, but I'm cynical enough to not fully believe a couple of people sitting around in their living room with a bunch of cats and rats doing the same thing I can do if motivated to do so. I have no reason to believe them in the same manner as I have no reason not to believe them.

What I find truly entertaining is getting conspiracy lessons from a guy with UFO in his name. The irony is.....wait, hold on a minute.....what's that, up in the sky!!!

Hey, if you want to look like fool, I'm not going to stop you.

Which is more foolish, the one trying to settle an argument by using sources that can be shown to have a reasonable doubt as to their validity or the one that states that using those sources is not reasonable enough proof to do so.

If you are inferring that said foolishness is due to making a little fun of your "handle" I can only say that if the situations were reversed I would expect a certain amount of ridicule, possible even look forward to it. But, that's just me, I am secure in my aliasness.   

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 30, 2011, 08:38:34 AM

Doesn't seem too strategic not to address it morgan - http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=105023

AOL poll: 81% want Obama to release it
Say president should show American people birth certificate
Posted: July 25, 2009
2:40 am Eastern

2011 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON The latest AOL online poll shows

I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it but an AOL Online poll isn't the way to go to make the point. And WND isn't too great, either.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 30, 2011, 08:44:06 AM

And this guy was a GOP contributor...

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2008/08-93.pdf

spartan

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 30, 2011, 08:55:14 AM

Why not show it then? Unless Trump has a point and there is something on it Obama does not want the world to see. That is the more likely scenario.
: March 30, 2011, 09:05:17 AM spartan

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 30, 2011, 08:57:09 AM

Which is more foolish, the one trying to settle an argument by using sources that can be shown to have a reasonable doubt as to their validity or the one that states that using those sources is not reasonable enough proof to do so.

Where exactly has this been shown?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 30, 2011, 09:01:16 AM

Then why not show it then, unless Trump has a point and there is something on it Obama does not want the world to see. That is the more likely scenario.

Because there is no logical need .... satisfying partisan clowns like WND does not fall under that category ... and odds are even if they produced one, it wouldn't be accepted by those with an agenda anyway.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 30, 2011, 09:35:37 AM

Where exactly has this been shown?

Show me definitive proof that there is no bearing on content of Factcheck.org being unbiased due to its connections to the Anneberg Foundation, which had an offshoot chaired by the very person they were investigating.

Then show me definitive proof that the owners of the snopes.com website do not have any political agenda of their own, one way of the other.

These are the two issues I was referring to, and stated in previous posts where I demonstrated both the connections to Factcheck and that two people without any information available that I found as to their personal political affiliations or beliefs which then causes me to withhold judgement as to their validity or bearing on my decision making process. In both of the cases I believe enough doubt exists to use them carte blanc as definitive sources.

Perhaps I should have said "the one trying to settle an argument 'to me'. If these sources settle it for you then that's your choice.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 30, 2011, 10:08:38 AM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 30, 2011, 10:35:28 AM

Klink, he wants you to prove a negative.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Trump: "Here is my birth certificate...now where is Obama's?" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools