Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is "He" worth the headaches? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : March 29, 2011, 12:08:20 PM

I hate this because six months from now she will be back with the boyfirend calling Talib once again.

Probably more like 6 weeks or 6 days.

Chaos

Starter
#31 : March 29, 2011, 12:13:30 PM

Exactly, Sunny, exactly. The culture these days of people who think like Talib is "I'll handle my own business" and "take care of it myself, my way." Too many people reach first for a gun instead of the phone.

Scenario #1:  Call the cops, they take the guy away, serve him a trespass warrant and you get labeled a snitch. Guy returns to house to whoop everyones arsses, possibly with a weapon, or a car full of friends.

Scenario #2: Pistol whip him, bust a couple shots and let him know you aint playin around and you have a 50/50 chance of never seeing him again..

I'll go with scenario #2, regardless if im an NFL player or not. That uniform doesnt mean crap when someone is INVADING your house...lol...What if he was a construction worker, would he still be in the wrong? lol puhlease

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 29, 2011, 12:16:04 PM

Ras-I Dowling in the 2nd....

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 29, 2011, 12:33:34 PM

Until Talib is charged with something, I won't label him a headache. 

Chaos

Starter
#34 : March 29, 2011, 12:39:17 PM

Exactly, if this has no affect on our team or our roster then how can he be a headache to anyone? 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 29, 2011, 12:43:36 PM

Exactly, if this has no affect on our team or our roster then how can he be a headache to anyone?

Because it shows that Talib continues to thrust himself into bad situations and wheter it's a month or year from now something is going to happen with him which ends up hurting the team.

Relying on Talib is risky buisness.

Chaos

Starter
#36 : March 29, 2011, 12:46:31 PM

Because it shows that Talib continues to thrust himself into bad situations and wheter it's a month or year from now something is going to happen with him which ends up hurting the team.

Relying on Talib is risky buisness.

Yes it is risky, but worth every penny until that day comes!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 29, 2011, 12:51:24 PM

Until he's proven guilty of something outside the law, he's "worth the headache."

I said it elsewhere - guy has a $1m talent and a $.02 head.  I want the talent...  until he breaks the rules and is out on suspension for the same.

FWIW - I don't believe it's realistic to think that every professional athlete is going to be corn bread.   It. just. ain't. happening.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 29, 2011, 12:55:29 PM

Scenario #1:  Call the cops, they take the guy away, serve him a trespass warrant and you get labeled a snitch. Guy returns to house to whoop everyones arsses, possibly with a weapon, or a car full of friends.

Scenario #2: Pistol whip him, bust a couple shots and let him know you aint playin around and you have a 50/50 chance of never seeing him again..

I'll go with scenario #2, regardless if im an NFL player or not. That uniform doesnt mean crap when someone is INVADING your house...lol...What if he was a construction worker, would he still be in the wrong? lol puhlease

Why would the guy not return in scenario #2?

And if the guy is putting a black eye on the Bucs over and over again he is a headache.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 29, 2011, 01:06:04 PM

Exactly, Sunny, exactly. The culture these days of people who think like Talib is "I'll handle my own business" and "take care of it myself, my way." Too many people reach first for a gun instead of the phone.

I dont think Talib cares if some street thug labels him a snitch.

I think shooting at the dude increases the likelihood of him returning with a truck full of his boys to shoot back.

If Talib would have shot the dude as he was busting into the house fine, but Talib was shooting at him as he was sprinting away from the house with his tail between his legs. At that point, let the Cops round him up and charge him.

Chaos

Starter
#40 : March 29, 2011, 01:09:49 PM

Why would the guy not return in scenario #2?

And if the guy is putting a black eye on the Bucs over and over again he is a headache.

Thats why scenario #2 is 50/50...lol...you may scare him enough by shooting a couple shots in the air....maybe not....the mental aspect of it all is in your favor in  #2..when the brain hears gun shots it goes into "Oh ShYT" mode....just my opinion!!

Since when is the NFL a fashion show? What does it matter if he gives us a black eye?  You think the Steelers care about Big Bens affect on their appearance? Hells no they dont care, you know why, because he wins games...Ben is 10 times the problem Talib is and yet he didnt go anywhere....And incase you havent noticed, but our back up CB's arent at 50% of what Talib can do, so we keep him as long as possible...

Chaos

Starter
#41 : March 29, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

I think shooting at the dude increases the likelihood of him returning with a truck full of his boys to shoot back.

If Talib would have shot the dude as he was busting into the house fine, but Talib was shooting at him as he was sprinting away from the house with his tail between his legs. At that point, let the Cops round him up and charge him.

you just proved my point, the dude had enough ballz to bust up in the house like he was a beast, but as soon as that pistol came out he ran....If Talib didnt do that then the dude wouldnt have left...He would have kept fighting......And as far as Talib caring if someone considered him a snitch, im sure he could care less, but I guarintee his family that has to stay living in that neighborhood cares.  Unless you have ever lived in the slums then you will never understand!!  In the hood the natural process of thought is different,  calling the cops is about 6th on the list.....the first 5 are all about self defense....Street fights are a daily norm in these neighborhoods.....Just making a joke to a friend and saying something like "aww shut up punk" will turn into 2 best friends throwing blows in an instant...There is a different survival mentality, a different code, and Talib grew up within that..

What I dont understand is how you guys are blaming Talib like he paid the dude to attack his sister or something.  He didnt instigate this fight, he was called upon to difuse the situation and when it got too far he used the proper force.....point blank

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 29, 2011, 01:27:04 PM

Lot of assumptions here imo.  And why is talib forcing his family to live in the slums?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 29, 2011, 01:34:08 PM

you just proved my point, the dude had enough ballz to bust up in the house like he was a beast, but as soon as that pistol came out he ran....If Talib didnt do that then the dude wouldnt have left...He would have kept fighting......

I don't follow.

Talib pulled a gun, the guy disarmed him, and took off.

As he was running away, Talib shot at him with a handgun his mother produced. The guy didn't run as soon as the pistol came out.

And you better believe the guy would have left if the Cops came and threw him in the back of the Crown-Vic with Felony charges and $100,000 bail.

Why doesn't Talib use a chunk of his $8.2mil guranteed to move his sister out of the ghetto then?

We're blaming Talib because as an NFL player you are held to a different standard than everyone else. You are a high profile celebrity that people can identify. Why do you think the police are holding a press conference later this week to announce if they plan on indicting him?

As an NFL player, subject to a personal conduct policy, you can't just act like a hood rat and bust skulls like all the other hood rats out on the street. Talib needed to call the cops, and then drive over there.
: March 29, 2011, 01:36:55 PM SunnyD

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 29, 2011, 01:38:36 PM

I'm guessing that mom's won't move?   Mine wouldn't ...  too many ties.

and who said ghetto?  Its not location - it's mindset.

just my thoughts.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is "He" worth the headaches? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools