Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Secrets of Raheem's Bucs, Exposed by Ward7910 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ward7910

Practice Squad
: March 29, 2011, 12:18:36 AM

Now that I've caught your attention, hear me out.
Raheem Morris is a sly, clever man, but I've caught on. See Morris and the Bucs have been prepared for this lockout since last season.
Like others, Morris and the Bucs smelled this lockout looming in the air, and decided to hold off on their future plans for the defense, and instead use the 2010 season as a preliminary/warmup for the NFL's next dynasty.
Morris has a plan for this defense and if you'll hear me out I think you'll see what I mean.
So, let's play a little true or false, shall we?
Raheem has made several mentions to a possible 'hybrid' defense switch being in the works.
True.
The team has been very excited about MLB Tyrone McKenzie.
True.
The team is also interested in keeping MLB Barret Ruud
True.
Now, with those things in mind, I want to paint a picture for you that I'm officially titling 'The Solution to the Bucs Front Seven'
The Buccaneers 3-4 defense.
In the middle of that four line backer set you've got McKenzie, and Ruud. The first being the physical thumper that can shed blockers and get in the backfield to be disruptive, and the latter being the brains of the defense that makes all the calls and diagnoses plays.
As far as outside linebacker goes, the Bucs really like Dekota Watson, and Quincy Black would be a good player to keep around as a pass rush linebacker, but the Bucs also need to find at least one more quality LB in this year's draft.
On the line you've got Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, and the first pick in this years draft perhaps? With Okam, Miller, and Bennett as rotational/depth players.
With the progression of Biggers, Rolle, Grimm, and hopefully Talib [we'll see what happens with that, can anyone say Asomugha?] this team is just a couple of draft picks/free-agent signings away from being a Super Bowl team, which is something Morris has recently mentioned to the press at last weeks NFL meeting in New Orleans.
And bada-bing bada-boom The Buccaneers have a Super Bowl bound defense to match the star-studded offense that already carried the team alone to 10 wins.
One might even go as far as to say, The Bucs are "the best team in the NFL".
Teams think they have the Buccaneers figured out. They think the Bucs are defense-less, no pun intended.
But next season, when the smoke from this lockout clears, the Buccaneers will come to play and there will be no more holding back.
Next year is the year that the Buccaneers solidify their spot as the next great DYNASTY in the NFL.
You're welcome Bucs Fans!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 29, 2011, 12:32:53 AM

Good post. A solid possibility.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 29, 2011, 12:34:42 AM

Welcome about ward, love your enthusiasm! GO BUCS!!!

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#3 : March 29, 2011, 06:48:11 AM

Raheem Morris is a sly, clever man

Ya, he's a real genius...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 29, 2011, 08:33:15 AM

I doubt we'll be using a 3-4 defensive scheme, highly doubt it.

I also doubt we'll be adding a few top tier FA, even if it does mean we're going to be in a superbowl.

This team has had 1 vision since Morris came into town. Establish a young team that can contend for playoffs every year. We will make no significant FA moves and will continue to build through draft and raiding other teams practice squads.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

champkind

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 29, 2011, 08:42:01 AM

I also doubt we'll be adding a few top tier FA, even if it does mean we're going to be in a superbowl.

This team has had 1 vision since Morris came into town. Establish a young team that can contend for playoffs every year. We will make no significant FA moves and will continue to build through draft and raiding other teams practice squads.

Considering we already use a decent amount of 3-4, I'd say you are wrong in that assumption, and considering we will be so far below the salary flood when the CBA is reached that we will be FORCED to spend on at least a couple of fairly higher end free agents (both Dom and Raheem have already been laying the groundwork in the media by mentioning this a few times,) I would say you are also off base on that prediction.

Also, I love Morris, but if you think they have had "one vision" since coming into town, you are mistaken. Leftwich, Ward, Jim Bates, guys like that come to mind? Dom and Morris are able to adapt their vision to circumstances that come up. Incorporating the 3-4 to some degree and signing some key free agents appear more likely than not at this point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 29, 2011, 08:46:24 AM

Considering we already use a decent amount of 3-4, I'd say you are wrong in that assumption, and considering we will be so far below the salary flood when the CBA is reached that we will be FORCED to spend on at least a couple of fairly higher end free agents (both Dom and Raheem have already been laying the groundwork in the media by mentioning this a few times,) I would say you are also off base on that prediction.

Also, I love Morris, but if you think they have had "one vision" since coming into town, you are mistaken. Leftwich, Ward, Jim Bates, guys like that come to mind? Dom and Morris are able to adapt their vision to circumstances that come up. Incorporating the 3-4 to some degree and signing some key free agents appear more likely than not at this point.
How about "I doubt we'll be [successful] using a 3-4 defensive scheme, highly doubt it."?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 29, 2011, 09:05:22 AM

I am not saying using a 3-4 is a good or a bad thing, or if it will or won't be successful. I was disputing his statement that it wont be used, and free agents wont be signed.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 29, 2011, 10:11:57 AM

I wouldnt be totally surpriser. I could totally see 3-4 with McCoy on the end with another draft pick and Okam in the middle. Ruud it soo small for a MLB in a 3-4 though (IMO) He would have to shift outside. Throw in Harvey or Sturdivant in the middle and its more of a possibility.

I dont really want to see it, but I wouldnt be surprised.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 29, 2011, 11:30:28 AM

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 29, 2011, 12:47:25 PM

lol, MSPaint is becoming quite the obsession, huh, Jdog?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : May 04, 2011, 07:24:19 AM

Next year is the year that the Buccaneers solidify their spot as the next great DYNASTY in the NFL.

Up next for the "Dynasty," a division title? Many dynasties have one.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 04, 2011, 07:44:34 AM

We may run some 3 man front, like last year, but our 1st and 2nd round picks are not best suited for anything but being 4-3 DEs. Not to mention we dont currently have a NT for a 3 man front. Our biggest man, Frank Okam, is a 3 technique and Brian Price is not a 3-4 NT.

Our 3rd round pick has all but vanquished Barrett Ruud from this team.

Hybrid defense? Yes, but we are still going to be running a 4 man front most of the time. We'll switch to a 3 man front everyone once in a while during an obvious passing situation but we don't have the personel and we didn't draft personel to switch to a Steeler's type 3-4 defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 04, 2011, 07:46:51 AM

Up next for the "Dynasty," a division title? Many dynasties have one.

Dynasties have multiple superbowl titles. Unfortunately the Bucs have never been a dynasty.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 04, 2011, 08:15:58 AM

I think just like last year we will remain a 4-3 base that uses all kinds of other looks including the 3-3-5 and 3-4.

I think Raheem's favorite is a 3-3-5 with three safeties. When you have safeties like Grimm, TJax, and now Black...that play the run like a linebacker, I see the advantages and understand why he wants it. I'm betting we see some 4-2-5 this year as well. Still think the 4-3 will be our base.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Secrets of Raheem's Bucs, Exposed by Ward7910 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools