Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Secrets of Raheem's Bucs, Exposed by Ward7910 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 04, 2011, 08:18:22 AM

Next year is the year that the Buccaneers solidify their spot as the next great DYNASTY in the NFL.
You're welcome Bucs Fans!

Up next for the "Dynasty," a division title? Many dynasties have one.

Dynasties have multiple superbowl titles. Unfortunately the Bucs have never been a dynasty.

Stay tuned.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2011, 08:41:17 AM

In the history of the NFL since the superbowl began, I only consider the Packers of the late 60's and Steelers in the 70's and the 49ers in the 80s to have been dynasties.  The Patriots were ok, but i don't consider them to have been a dynasty.   They barely won the superbowls they did win.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 04, 2011, 09:01:13 AM

it takes 4 SB to be a dynasty.  at least thats what I keep telling my brother in law:  http://bleacherreport.com/users/97803-tony-santorsa

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 04, 2011, 09:32:06 AM

Highly doubting the whole 3-4 thing is going to continue after drafting McCoy/Price then Clayborn/Bowers.....just saying.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2011, 10:06:27 AM

Highly doubting the whole 3-4 thing is going to continue after drafting McCoy/Price then Clayborn/Bowers.....just saying.
i think the 34 and the 335 will both be phased out.  Used sparingly, sure.  But limited.  We will get pressure with our front 4

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2011, 10:22:12 AM

I'm thinking we see 4-2-5 this year. Front four + best two LBs + Outside CBs Biggers & Talib/Lewis + Three safeties Grimm, Tjax, Barber/Black

Grimm and Barber play like a linebacker so it's still basically a 4-3, but the 3rd LB is a LB/Safety hybrid. They have more versatility and provide better ways to disguise what we are doing. Black and Gaitor seem to be in the same mold as Barber and Grimm, so there is a lot of versatility there.
: May 04, 2011, 10:24:18 AM JDouble

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 04, 2011, 10:28:05 AM

I'm thinking we see 4-2-5 this year. Front four + best two LBs + Outside CBs Biggers & Talib/Lewis + Three safeties Grimm, Tjax, Barber/Black

Grimm and Barber play like a linebacker so it's still basically a 4-3, but the 3rd LB is a LB/Safety hybrid. They have more versatility and provide better ways to disguise what we are doing. Black and Gaitor seem to be in the same mold as Barber and Grimm, so there is a lot of versatility there.

I like, I like

TJax  Grimm Black
 Talib      Hayes  Foster      Lewis
Clayborn Price McCoy Bowers

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 04, 2011, 10:35:11 AM

Lewis over Biggers? Biggers looked way better than Lewis last year. Probably end up being Biggers and Lewis with Talib in jail anyways.

Basically a 4-3 Nickel with a Safety/Linebacker hybrid instead of a 3rd CB.
: May 04, 2011, 10:36:55 AM JDouble

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 04, 2011, 10:38:08 AM

In the history of the NFL since the superbowl began, I only consider the Packers of the late 60's and Steelers in the 70's and the 49ers in the 80s to have been dynasties.  The Patriots were ok, but i don't consider them to have been a dynasty.   They barely won the superbowls they did win.

So if a team wins ten consecutive Super Bowls by a field goal, they're not a dynasty?  I can't say I disagree with you, but -- being a Spurs fan -- I hear a lot of excuses aimed toward them not being a dynasty.  Stuff like, "They never won back-to-back," or "they never dominated the playoffs like the Celtics or Bulls used to." They won four championships in nine years (and were jobbed out of a possible 2004 Finals appearance) despite never being a flashy, step-on-your-throat sort of squad.

Yet, I hate the 1972 Dolphins.  They're overrated as hell.

So yeah, I'm kind of conflicted on the topic.

LABuc

Starter

#24 : May 04, 2011, 10:46:23 AM

I don't see us using anything other than a 4 man front as a base defense. No other formation will generate as much of a pass rush. I think the 3-4, and the 3-3-5 will be used sparingly in situational plays, but unless we get a 3-4 pass rushing LB, I don't see us using the 3-4 more often.

I see Rah's vision as transitioning to a Defense that is flexible enough to playing both the 4-3 and a 3-4 and even a 3-3-5 on any given day to adjust to the other team's offense with a ridiculously good 4-3 base. But for both, we are 1 LB away, imo. We need to draft the next derrick brooks and put him at Will, and we need to draft a pass rushing LB that can come off the edge for the 3-4 to be extremely effective. I think our secondary, while not the best, has the potential of being a nightmare for any WRs. If either Biggers or Lewis can emerge as solid #2 CBs, with Grimm, Black, (and assuming TJax can return to form), we will be set in the secondary.

We still need that Will backer that can be a game changer, until then, using other formations will be a way to stop the bleeding because those are no better than our traditional 4-3, our personnel just fits that a lot better.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#25 : May 04, 2011, 11:16:30 AM

Tampa has no major parts of a 34 defense.  No run plugger to man the middle.  And nothing close to pass rushing OLBs.  We are more of an anti 34 defense.  Rah uses these formations as a wrinkle, not as a glimpse into the future plans of the defense IMO. 

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#26 : May 04, 2011, 11:27:11 AM

I'm thinking this is a possibility, too. Especially if we don't add any more help to the LB corps. Grimm plays like a linebacker anyway

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 04, 2011, 12:42:42 PM

All the more reason to make sure we get Deunta Williams when free agency starts.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Secrets of Raheem's Bucs, Exposed by Ward7910 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools