Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib to be charged with assault with deadly weapon « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#45 : March 29, 2011, 11:43:30 PM

If mother gets charged, the defense should ask for separate trials.

No way the prosecution has to present the same evidence twice and gets 2 convictions.

And the mother's case is even more winable.

Mother coming to her abused daughter's defense.

Boy friend is lucky he didn't get ventilated.

Give me a few black women on the jury.  Makes it very hard for the prosecution.

City of Dallas--gonna be lots of black men and women in the jury pool.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#46 : March 29, 2011, 11:45:18 PM

Right you are my friend, fishing was a passion.  Now I feel sorry for the fish and abstain

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#47 : March 29, 2011, 11:46:47 PM

Samoan, a reach.  Wrong side of the globe

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 29, 2011, 11:47:20 PM

Island, I don't drink coffee either! LOL! Just a saying. I agree 100% that I'd rather be defending him as well and all it takes is a convincing enough argument to get at least one juror to believe in him and he's sprung. I covered the police beat as a reporter for the better part of 20 years so have put in some time in the courtroom for sure. Now work for a police department. Be interesting to see how it all plays out. As Boid said, something stupid happened and now the Bucs defense has a big hole in it.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#49 : March 29, 2011, 11:57:28 PM

Yeah Todd.  I echo your thoughts and am truly sorry such an incident came down. 

Loved Talib as a player.

Hope he is found innocent and rejoins the Bucs.

No one really got hurt.

Stellar athletes with harsh backgrounds.  There is bound to be some negativity.

I hold out hope that the State drops the case and Talib returns for many future interceptions.

I can't find it in my heart to be hard on Talib or any of those that grew up in a housing project.

I am definitely not soft on crime, but this situation has extenuating circumstances.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib to be charged with assault with deadly weapon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools