Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib...."I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

FreeWill

Starter

#15 : March 30, 2011, 11:58:27 PM

Surely, mom doesn't wanna see that gravy train come to a screeching hault.

My first post in a while, and I have so many threads to choose from lol. But I agree with this post. Unless there is clear evidence that Aqib did fire a gun, I can definitely see mom taking the blame on this one. For the reason in the above quote, and the fact that Aqib is her son.

Buy why? WWHHHHYYYYYY does this guy need to carry a gun? Buy a pellet gun or something and use that to pistol whip people! Can't the bucs just make it a rule that none of their players own guns?

*LOL, and its nice to see the warning about new posts is still working  ::)

FreeWill

Starter

#16 : March 31, 2011, 12:01:04 AM

So let's take a pole. What's worse? Shooting at your sister's "wife beating" common law husband OR throwing your mom under the bus to save your own skin?

I don't know if he's throwing her under the bus per se, he's just letting her take the blame. I'm sure they've talked about this, and if his mom does take the blame, I'm sure she would do it willingly. Yea, Aqib would get away with it, but we REALLY need him at CB.
: March 31, 2011, 12:04:13 AM miker1010

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 31, 2011, 12:03:27 AM

So let's take a pole. What's worse? Shooting at your sister's "wife beating" common law husband OR throwing your mom under the bus to save your own skin?
Obviously taking the "pole" is much worse than any of the other circumstances you provided.  That's my poll vote.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 31, 2011, 12:05:08 AM

Obviously taking the "pole" is much worse than any of the other circumstances you provided.  That's my poll vote.

lol....good catch. Actually, if Talib ends up going to prison over this, he may end up "taking a pole" if he ever drops the soap in the shower.
: March 31, 2011, 12:07:14 AM CyberDilemma

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 31, 2011, 12:06:31 AM

lol....good catch.
HA HA HA!  Just had to man...the shot presented itself...and I took it.  (think Top Gun)

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 31, 2011, 12:09:27 AM

Talib might learn a little something about Taking the pole in those Cowboy fan filled texas prisons.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 31, 2011, 12:11:12 AM

Talib might learn a little something about Taking the pole in those Cowboy fan filled texas prisons.
Or he may be giving the pole.

Either way, taking poles is bad for your health.

think Ice Cube...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : March 31, 2011, 12:32:36 AM

Too funny haha

bucs63

Starter
#23 : March 31, 2011, 12:35:41 AM

Aqib is getting a bad rap. Shouldn't Saran take the rap for getting him involved in this mess?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : March 31, 2011, 12:36:04 AM

Anyway, I would love for Talib to be declared innocent, but I'm not expecting it. I think you have the right to defend your family to a certain extent, but I think we all know it shouldn't be handled in a matter involving a gun.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 31, 2011, 12:37:06 AM

So let's take a poll. What's worse? Shooting at your sister's "wife beating" common law husband OR throwing your mom under the bus to save your own skin?
Considering Talib probably treated his mom well with those NFL checks. And without him she'll probably lose everything without those big payments, the Talib family is doing the right thing.

Pure speculation on my part but I'm assuming of course he took care of his mother with things being in the NFL and all.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 31, 2011, 01:36:06 AM

Or he may be giving the pole.

Either way, taking poles is bad for your health.

think Ice Cube...

Billings took him down apparent...hate to see what those metal eaters in the pen do

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 31, 2011, 01:50:36 AM

Mom already admitted to firing the gun. Aqib saying he did or didn't does not change much about his mom's situation.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 31, 2011, 01:51:11 AM

...accept for the checks.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 31, 2011, 02:14:17 AM

I think the Bucs could end up with a serious decision on their hands. Because what may be very likely is a plea deal for a lesser charge that may be little or no jail time.

And the Bucs cant do anything right now. Because of the lockout they cannot trade or cut him. They can't even talk to him to get his side of the story. The Bucs dont even know if the personal conduct policy is even enforceable. Its likely the league will try but then that could turn into a huge fight.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib...."I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools