Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib...."I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 31, 2011, 03:10:07 AM

I am tired of the dude to be honest.  Dump him at the earliest possible time and pick up someone in the draft or free agency.  Dude is defitnitly showing a trend.  Not an isolated incident.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 31, 2011, 03:31:47 AM

I honestly don't think they arrested Talib and his mother based solely on what Billings told them.  I'd guess that there were witnesses (as already confirmed) that put the gun in both his and mama's hands.  His defense team and investigator's job is to poke holes or make their stories inconsistent.

We'll see if he gets off with a hand slap here, but one thing is for sure, between now and this time next year there will be something new ... its been the pattern for this guy.  He won't stay out of trouble long.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 31, 2011, 04:45:30 AM

I honestly don't think they arrested Talib and his mother based solely on what Billings told them.  I'd guess that there were witnesses (as already confirmed) that put the gun in both his and mama's hands.  His defense team and investigator's job is to poke holes or make their stories inconsistent.

We'll see if he gets off with a hand slap here, but one thing is for sure, between now and this time next year there will be something new ... its been the pattern for this guy.  He won't stay out of trouble long.

exactly.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

watson

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 31, 2011, 05:10:41 AM

If he didn't fire the gun won't he still get assault with a deadly weapon because of the pistol whip?
I may have misread it, but the way I understand it is he "tried" to pistol whip the guy, but the guy took the gun away from him and threw it in a trash can.  If that is the case, it is "attempted" pistol whipping.  Not sure what the sentence would be for attempting...and failing...to pistol whip someone is.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 31, 2011, 05:58:26 AM

We have much bigger issues to worry about. Our school system produces people who don't know the difference between a "pole", a "poll", and a "whole" in the ground, while others accept "accept" in place of  "except", or versy visa. Even the "professional" writers, people who get paid for their opinions, make these mistakes, and make it obvious why the proofreaders were fired. This is a serious situation that is easily correctable. We need to replace all of our English teachers with people who are better qualified and have more experience with the language. Between Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and, of  "coarse", England, we should be able take care of the problem.

As for Talib, he obviously has more important concerns than an NFL career. I prefer that the taxpayers in Texas provide his room and "bored" for the next 5 to 20.  He will learn to behave in prison, or not. I really don't care one way or the other.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : March 31, 2011, 06:56:31 AM

Talib is the current face of the Bucs.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 31, 2011, 08:18:26 AM

No, Freeman is the face of the Bucs. Pro Bowl alternate as a 2nd year QB. Feels good

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 31, 2011, 08:30:11 AM

I'm not a lawyer but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.  Wouldn't a good defense be for Talib to claim it was his mom and his mom to claim it was Talib.  To convict the prosecutor has to prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 31, 2011, 09:34:09 AM

I don't know but maybe he really didn't fire a shot at the guy.  Maybe he took the gun away from his mom after she fired the shots (which would lead to a "witness" seeing the gun in his hand.  Then again for all I know he did try to cap the guy.  Like I said before, personally I'm going to wait till ALL the facts come out regarding this before I start casting judgement.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 31, 2011, 10:13:05 AM

Exactly!!
With emotions running high, "witnesses" who didn't see the entire sequence of events are naturally gonna jump to conclusions based on whatever part of it they did see. Those conclusions can easily be totally wrong. I'll wait for all the investigators to piece it together before reaching any kind of verdict in my mind.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 31, 2011, 10:20:46 AM

What kind of character does it take to blame your Mom?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 31, 2011, 10:32:00 AM

The same kind of character it takes for you to continue your **CENSORED**ry towards the current head coach of the Buccaneers and Josh Freeman.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDog

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 31, 2011, 10:35:40 AM

Really?   Posting on an internet forum is the same as firing a gun at someone and/or accusing your own mother of doing it?    You have a warped sense of reality.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 31, 2011, 11:11:11 AM

We have much bigger issues to worry about. Our school system produces people who don't know the difference between a "pole", a "poll", and a "whole" in the ground, while others accept "accept" in place of  "except", or versy visa. Even the "professional" writers, people who get paid for their opinions, make these mistakes, and make it obvious why the proofreaders were fired. This is a serious situation that is easily correctable. We need to replace all of our English teachers with people who are better qualified and have more experience with the language. Between Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and, of  "coarse", England, we should be able take care of the problem.

Good won, your write.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 31, 2011, 11:16:13 AM

Hope his mom takes the fall.

Is that because you want the truth to come out or because you want Aqib as our #1 CB this year?

I hope this is true about Talib not firing a gun. Its nice to hear something from him and either way  its good for him that he has several lawyers looking at his best interest.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib...."I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools