Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we cut Talib now we should have cut Mike Williams right away too « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #15 : March 31, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »

we might as well start spelling rhonde correctly too.
That is annoying as shhhh.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 31, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »

Talib is guilty of gross stupidity on at least four separate occasions since he was drafted by the Bucs. There is no telling how many more simply weren't made public. Mike Williams has been a model citizen and player in comparison. It is blatantly obvious which one values the opportunity with the Bucs more. Talib made a conscious decision to carry a gun and had it taken away from him. It was a really bad idea, and it doesn't say much for him that he lost it to the guy he was beating with it. It would be poetic justice if he ends up in the same prison cell with the guy.

I'm glad this didn't happen in Tampa. Talib is a lost cause for the Bucs and for society. Lock him up for the maximum. He really is a danger to society. Prison will at least teach him to control his temper. The Bucs can and will win without him.
« : March 31, 2011, 01:20:04 PM 1sparkybuc »

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 31, 2011, 01:23:54 PM »

My point is for all the talking heads saying we need to cut Talib before he has been officially charged with anything,  then we should have cut Mike Williams for his DUI.   But they didnt, they let things run its course and all charges were dropped.    The same thing needs to happen here.

It's absolutely amazing how completely imperceptive some posters are.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 31, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »

I'd wager that a high percentage of the posters on this board that are 30 years of age or older have at least one DUI/OWI.

I'd also wager that an EXTREMELY low percentage of them have pistol whipped and maybe shot at someone.

I'm 68 and never had a DUI or pistol whipped anyone. Also, I never shot at anyone that didn't deserve it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 31, 2011, 01:33:40 PM »

My point is for all the talking heads saying we need to cut Talib before he has been officially charged with anything,  then we should have cut Mike Williams for his DUI.   But they didnt, they let things run its course and all charges were dropped.    The same thing needs to happen here.

It's absolutely amazing how completely imperceptive some posters are.

Maybe he thinks there's a blood test for stupidity.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 31, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

lol what

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #21 : March 31, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »

I'd wager that a high percentage of the posters on this board that are 30 years of age or older have at least one DUI/OWI.

I'm 43 and have never "been caught" driving impaired.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 31, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »

Sunny D is from Wisconsin.  They take their drinking more seriously up there.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 31, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »

Stop drafting guys with character concerns. Its embarrassing we're making national headlines for stuff like this.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 31, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »

Stop drafting guys with character concerns. Its embarrassing we're making national headlines for stuff like this.

If you're talking about violence in other than game situations, I agree with you, but you can't include players like Blount and Mike Williams, who have obviously learned from their mistakes. I'd love to see a roster loaded with guys like them.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 31, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »

Many would say driving drunk is about the same thing as shooting a gun. You can kill someone in both instances.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 31, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »

In that case we should cut Blount....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #27 : March 31, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »

we do we get to rename the team to the ChoirBoys?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 31, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

Some of you would prefer the team photo look like this....

The only thing I care about is what goes on between the goal posts on Sundays........period. We're talking about a freakin' football team here. 90% of these guys are rough and come from rough backgrounds. This kind of crap has been going on since the beginning of the game and many of these "unsavory" characters are idolized in Canton. The only difference is the new media age. All of this stuff either went unreported or was quickly swept under the rug by the powers that be back in the old days.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 31, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »

Wasnt it Raheem that said he wants a "violent" team?

And....
“A little bit of the advantage we have is we’re so young, I think we kind of like the adversity a little bit. They kinda thrive on it. They kind of thrive on the boos. They kind of thrive on the middle fingers, you know, rolling into the stadium,” Morris said. “You know, they kinda get a little bit of energy of just being angry because everybody hates them. …They kind of thrive on it a bit, that negativity, or that us-against-the-world mentality because they are kind of a young football team and we all listened to Tupac [Shakur] growing up.”
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we cut Talib now we should have cut Mike Williams right away too « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools