Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we cut Talib now we should have cut Mike Williams right away too « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Riddick

Second String

#30 : March 31, 2011, 06:56:29 PM

Ya, firing a gun at people is the same as having a few beers...

Yeah, if Gruden hadn't drafted him we wouldn't have this problem. 

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 31, 2011, 07:15:58 PM

I dont remember the exact number but something like 25%-35% of NFL players have a criminal record of some kind. You just will not be able to get away from this stuff when the NFL as a whole has such a lenient policy on violent and disruptive behavior.

In the eyes of the players...if they do something wrong and get cut...and know they are talented....they know that phone will be ringing from some other team desperate for wins. So in the end, the player doesnt really learn what he did was wrong. If we cut Talib, some other team will sign him. No doubt about it.

Look at Michael Vick. You can argue he deserves a second chance. But what message does his return send to troubled players? That if they do something to land in prison that they too will have no trouble getting a second chance in the league? You have to understand the psychology.

This is all a much bigger debate than the Talib situation... and this wont be solved anytime soon. But just something to think about.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 31, 2011, 07:35:52 PM

looks like Talib's atty is setting Mom to take the whole fall for the gun thing.  Just like Cam Newton's dad took fall for him.

this incident gives new meaning to Piston Packin Momma...

predict this will go away with that approach.  People may continue to speculate ala Newton, but without evidence and Mom taking fall, nothing will happen to Talib.
Let's see if thats the way it falls.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 31, 2011, 07:40:23 PM

Don't go messin' with Talib's momma now.........or she'll pop a cap in yo asss.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 31, 2011, 07:44:14 PM

You have got to be kidding?

Absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've seen around in a long time.

I think you may have set a new record for the most IGNORE clicks in one thread.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : March 31, 2011, 08:37:52 PM

I'd wager that a high percentage of the posters on this board that are 30 years of age or older have at least one DUI/OWI.

I'm 43 and have never "been caught" driving impaired.

I've never been caught either.   But I've probably driven at a level where I could be arrested for dui at least 100 times.   I don't do it anymore because I have money to take a taxi now, but I've done it many times.   We were just talking about that the other day at dinner.   5 of us, all from the usa and all successful executives in their late 40's and we were sharing stories about how we would get hammered during our college years and drive home drunk off our butts.   None of us ever got arrested or had any accidents, but it happened.    I agree with SunnyD on this one (rare occasion), but most guys have driven drunk.

Shooting a gun at someone is an entirely different thing.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 31, 2011, 08:46:56 PM

I like to get drunk and then shoot guns.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 31, 2011, 08:48:09 PM

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 31, 2011, 08:51:38 PM

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 31, 2011, 09:10:39 PM

Another example of the fans Tim Brown referred to, amazing post!!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 31, 2011, 09:13:35 PM

I don't see a single post in the entire thread about football knowledge.   Tim Brown was saying Tampa fans don't know anything about football.   Shooting guns and getting drunk had nothing to do with it.   I do agree though that since Raheem has taken over, the football IQ of the city has gone WAY down. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 31, 2011, 09:27:12 PM

If we cut Talib now we should have cut Mike Williams right away too

You really ought to re-think your logic on this one. Might be the most moronic post on the red board in some time.

Well, Morgan would be our resident expert on moronic posts...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 31, 2011, 09:54:19 PM

Talib aka sharpshooter

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#43 : April 01, 2011, 05:42:05 AM

Some of you would prefer the team photo look like this....

The only thing I care about is what goes on between the goal posts on Sundays........period.

You wouldn't have any problem cheering for Plaxico, Big Ben, or Vick if they were on your fav team?

I sure would.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 01, 2011, 06:42:22 AM

Some of you would prefer the team photo look like this....

The only thing I care about is what goes on between the goal posts on Sundays........period.

You wouldn't have any problem cheering for Plaxico, Big Ben, or Vick if they were on your fav team?

I sure would.

Plaxico maybe. All that dumbass did was shoot himself.

Vick tortured dogs and Ben sexually assaulted women. Plaxico hasnt gotten to their level yet.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we cut Talib now we should have cut Mike Williams right away too « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools