Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Gruden looking for the next Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 02, 2011, 10:51:30 PM

Freeman has literally carried Morris on his back.

Do you know what the word "literally" means?

LOL,  just the image of that is hilarious.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : April 02, 2011, 10:59:00 PM

Gruden did do better with the Raiders, and actually built up a good team.

Exactly.   And he won a superbowl with the Bucs.   What that tells us all is that he's a good if not great coach.

Circumstances had a lot to do with the way things fell after the superbowl.    Lack of draft picks, then bad draft picks.  Salary cap hell, etc.    It's not easy to "rebuild" with the fans calling for your head every year after 2004 either.   He had to try to win immediately and assume competition would be fierce.    He couldn't be cleaning house and hoping for the easiest schedule in league history to post a misleading record of 10-6.  It's unfortunate because Gruden was truly this team's Don Shula and they let him go.   

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 02, 2011, 11:23:15 PM

Gruden's offense was never even in the top half of the league, no matter how you remember it.

Totally untrue.   Gruden's first year with the Raiders, their offense was 18th in the league.   But the next 3 years, they were ranked number 5, 6, and 7 in the league.
Sorry if I wasn't clear that, with the Bucs, Gruden's offense was never in the top half of the league. Kiffen's defense, was in the top 10 all but one year if I remember correctly.

Gruden did do better with the Raiders, and actually built up a good team. In Tampa Bay, pretty much the opposite.

Al Davis built the Raiders and it showed. Gruden came here won with Dungy players and Kiffins defense. Tried to build a team and they got worse. Everybody knows Al Davis calls the moves in Oak.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 02, 2011, 11:25:01 PM

LOL!   That was funny considering how the Raiders were a failure before and after Gruden.

To this day, Raider fans want Gruden back.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2011, 12:11:42 AM

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2011, 12:56:13 AM

But I thought Josh Freeman was a horrible QB?

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 03, 2011, 01:03:17 AM

Not horrible, too big.  Unfair advantage.   [sarcasm]

JDog

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2011, 01:47:27 AM

Not horrible, too big.  Unfair advantage.   

Exactly.   I don't like to root for the huge giants who have an unfair genetic advantage.   I find it almost impossible to cheer for guys like Freeman and Big Ben.   Can't relate to them.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2011, 01:54:59 AM

Not horrible, too big.  Unfair advantage.   

Exactly.   I don't like to root for the huge giants who have an unfair genetic advantage.   I find it almost impossible to cheer for guys like Freeman and Big Ben.   Can't relate to them.

So your favorite NBA player would be Mugsy Bogues?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2011, 02:03:44 AM

You'd think.   But I never liked Bogues.   His style of play was too weird.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 03, 2011, 02:06:53 AM

Freeman is a physical specimen. Almost like a Hercules.  To HATE Free because he is blessed sounds so pathetic that words cannot define it.  He runs well for a guy that large, he is dedicated and intelligent, he has a cannon arm...he is a leader of men.  He is charisma and intelligence.  I root for guys like this all day.  A perfect blend of dedication, physicality, and intelligence.  So glad he is a Buc, the Best Buc QB ever, so young, so talented.  Hopefully, when it comes to wins and losses, as what football is ultimately about, he runs over, throws over, and outsmarts the defenders that wish they were as talented and large as he is.

Some people are clearly losers.  Java is one of them.  Stay in Asia, keep commiting crimes there Java.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 03, 2011, 02:10:43 AM

Dude, you are seriously obsessed.   I'm just another guy here.   No need to use my name in every post you make.   How about just expressing your own opinion and I'll express mine.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 03, 2011, 02:32:49 AM

You do know Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers and  Carson Palmer are all 6'5"?

Not to mention Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Dan Marino, Matt Hasselbeck, Sam Bradford, Eli Manning and Alex Smith are 6'4"

Joe Flacco.... 6'6"

Not to mention: Super Bowl winning QB Brad Johnson.....6'5"

But you know...those are just facts...

JDog

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 03, 2011, 02:47:06 AM

I'm no Flacco fan either.   The rest of the guys you listed aren't freakishly big.   Josh Freeman, Big Ben and JeMarcus Russell are the 3 who are freakishly huge.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 03, 2011, 02:57:55 AM

Freeman is a physical specimen. Almost like a Hercules.  To HATE Free because he is blessed sounds so pathetic that words cannot define it.  He runs well for a guy that large, he is dedicated and intelligent, he has a cannon arm...he is a leader of men.  He is charisma and intelligence.  I root for guys like this all day.  A perfect blend of dedication, physicality, and intelligence.  So glad he is a Buc, the Best Buc QB ever, so young, so talented.  Hopefully, when it comes to wins and losses, as what football is ultimately about, he runs over, throws over, and outsmarts the defenders that wish they were as talented and large as he is.

Some people are clearly losers.  Java is one of them.  Stay in Asia, keep commiting crimes there Java.

And apparently a good citizen also.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Gruden looking for the next Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools