Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Gruden looking for the next Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 03, 2011, 12:23:37 PM

I'm no Flacco fan either.   The rest of the guys you listed aren't freakishly big.   Josh Freeman, Big Ben and JeMarcus Russell are the 3 who are freakishly huge.

I'm starting to think you might have ran into Freeman at a public bathroom or something and sneaked a peek and that's where this vendetta is coming from because, as I proved, Freeman is no bigger than most NFL QB's (the good one's at least) these days.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 03, 2011, 12:54:20 PM

At least he's not looking for the next Garcia or Gannon.

Wise man!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

37 special

Practice Squad

#47 : April 03, 2011, 02:59:12 PM

Tim tebow 6'3" 245 is a small qb?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#48 : April 03, 2011, 04:06:20 PM

Gruden's offense was never even in the top half of the league, no matter how you remember it.

Totally untrue.   Gruden's first year with the Raiders, their offense was 18th in the league.   But the next 3 years, they were ranked number 5, 6, and 7 in the league.

And the year after he left they were #1...and made the SB without him...maybe he was holding Oakland back?

Using Gruden's same system.   Fact is Gruden had them poised to go to the superbowl that year regardless.   Callahan knew it so he kept Gruden's system in place.   Not only used the same plays Gruden developed, but the same verbal calls.    It's the reason the Bucs knew exactly what Raiders were going to do in that superbowl.    Gotta give Gruden credit, he's the first and last HC that will every be the reason BOTH of the superbowl teams are in the superbowl in the same season.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 03, 2011, 04:16:12 PM

Gruden's offense was never even in the top half of the league, no matter how you remember it.

Totally untrue.   Gruden's first year with the Raiders, their offense was 18th in the league.   But the next 3 years, they were ranked number 5, 6, and 7 in the league.

And the year after he left they were #1...and made the SB without him...maybe he was holding Oakland back?

Yea right he had a free ride in TB with Dungy and Kiffins team.

Using Gruden's same system.   Fact is Gruden had them poised to go to the superbowl that year regardless.   Callahan knew it so he kept Gruden's system in place.   Not only used the same plays Gruden developed, but the same verbal calls.    It's the reason the Bucs knew exactly what Raiders were going to do in that superbowl.    Gotta give Gruden credit, he's the first and last HC that will every be the reason BOTH of the superbowl teams are in the superbowl in the same season.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 04, 2011, 11:06:45 AM

You posted that incorrectly.  Your post is lost somewhere in the middle of that.

gillen033

Starter

#51 : April 04, 2011, 11:42:33 AM

You posted that incorrectly.  Your post is lost somewhere in the middle of that.

It's hardly "lost." It took me about 3 seconds to find his post in all that, so I'm guessing you didn't even try.

And we probably wouldn't have Freeman right now if Raheem wasn't the coach.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 04, 2011, 11:52:07 AM

And not having Freeman is supposedly a bad thing?    I'd take Tebow any day.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 04, 2011, 02:01:51 PM

And not having Freeman is supposedly a bad thing?    I'd take Tebow any day.

Based on what?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Gruden looking for the next Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools