Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If You Could Do 2010 Draft Over? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 03, 2011, 02:33:51 PM

Who says Detroit was willing to move down?

Who knows.  But they didn't even try.

link??

Bet Det would have taken two 1s and two 2s.  He's well worth that. IMO .   Most everyone knew Suh was the real deal.

Wouldn't "Most everyone" include Detroit?? If "most everyone" knew he was the real deal, then why would Detroit trade down???

Just remembered why I haven't been to the Red Board in a while.

ras01

Second String

#16 : April 03, 2011, 04:18:13 PM

Suh is good but if I remeber all the hype from last year it was that Suh was pretty much a finished product. McCoy on the other hand had better up side, not as polished yet. McCoy will never have the power Suh does, but the kid is a leader on the defense already, and unless we were going to throw half or draft to Det, or ST.Louis last year there was no way the Bucs were getting Suh.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2011, 04:27:26 PM

One thing is clear after 1 year...Suh is who everyone thought he would be...a truly dominant NFL DT.  He was the best DT (1st team all pro / more sacks than any other DT) in the NFL last year...as a rookie...I thought and still think his ceiling is much much higher than McCoy or Price

Too bad the Bucs can't trade McCoy, Price, Benn and Talib for Suh.    If I said that last year, people would call me a troll and say I'm being ridiculous.   Say it right now and everyone will think it's a good move.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 03, 2011, 04:36:29 PM

Too bad the Bucs can't trade McCoy, Price, Benn and Talib for Suh.    If I said that last year, people would call me a troll and say I'm being ridiculous.   Say it right now and everyone will think it's a good move.
No, I'd still call you a troll and say thats ridiculous

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

One thing is clear after 1 year...Suh is who everyone thought he would be...a truly dominant NFL DT.  He was the best DT (1st team all pro / more sacks than any other DT) in the NFL last year...as a rookie...I thought and still think his ceiling is much much higher than McCoy or Price

Kind of like how Gruden wishes he drafted Rodgers when he had the chance. He probably thought people would blast him then too. Probably why hes not a HC anymore and Raheem took his job away from him. Raheem knew drafting Freeman wouldnt be a popular pick but he did it anyway. Thats what separates the winners from the guys who cant make it in the NFL. Like Gruden.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2011, 04:38:08 PM

Not sure how productive Suh would be on Tampa's defensive line.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 03, 2011, 04:38:58 PM

I'd definetely trade McCoy straight up for him, but I dont know how much else.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I'd definetely trade McCoy straight up for him, but I dont know how much else.

Wow, you'd really be a great GM.    You could offer McCoy straight up for Suh to the Lions.   Good thinking.   I'm sure they would accept that offer.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2011, 04:51:56 PM

Last I checked Detroit is picking like 12 or 13 this year...not #2...so they improved a lot also.  He helped his team a lot more than McCoy and Price helped us...the big difference for us this year was that Freeman progressed more than anyone could have hoped for, we got absolute steals with Williams and Grimm, and got extremely lucky with Blount and Larsen, and the FA Dlineman (they played better than the starters we had in years past).  To say that McCoy or any of our first 3 picks last year had a huge impact on our success is silly.  All 3 ended up hurt for a good portion of the season...and we did fine without them.

I agree with the OP that we should have traded up...there are Gmac's every year...they are the Marcell Darious, Fairelly, Dorsey type guys... some turn into Kevin Williams, some turn into Ryan Simms.  When was the last Suh type player that came out?  It has been 25 years since a Dlineman with as much talent and no character issues has come out...his name was Reggie White.  We should have traded up with either Detroit or STL...even if it took our 1 and both 2's. 

Not saying Gmac can't become a solid / above average / occasional pro-bowl type player....but he will never be confused with Suh.

This is the exact same thing we had 3-4 years ago with CJ / Joe Thomas...I was hoping we were going to trade up to get one...instead we got Gaines Adams, Sears, and Pascatelli...how did that work out for us...
Why would Detroit forfeit the opportunities to select such dominating players?

I said STL as well...who needed a QB, who would likely be there @ #3.  If we traded with STL they get #3 and the 3rd pic of rd2, and save themselves about 12 million in signing Bradford.  If we took Suh @1, Det. would have taken Okung @ 2, maybe McCoy.
But then maybe since Detroit can't get Suh at #2 and they don't need a QB they allow Washington to trade up and get Bradford and St. Louis doesn't get their franchise QB at #3. Generally, when teams have franchise-changing players in front of them, they don't leave anything to chance. The Bucs sure weren't going to let anything get between them and Freeman.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2011, 04:53:00 PM

Boy Gruden would have made a horrible GM. Wed still have Brooks and Garcia as our starting QB. Thank god Raheem is running the show now.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 03, 2011, 04:53:46 PM

Who says Detroit was willing to move down?

Who knows.  But they didn't even try.  Bet Det would have taken two 1s and two 2s.  He's well worth that. IMO .   Most everyone knew Suh was the real deal.

Oh crap, I did not know we had the GM for Detroit on a Bucs message board. Stop speculating, also that 10 sacks SUH got Detroit, how did it help them?  Last I checked they were watching the playoffs same as the Bucs were.

Last I checked Detroit is picking like 12 or 13 this year...not #2...so they improved a lot also.  He helped his team a lot more than McCoy and Price helped us...the big difference for us this year was that Freeman progressed more than anyone could have hoped for, we got absolute steals with Williams and Grimm, and got extremely lucky with Blount and Larsen, and the FA Dlineman (they played better than the starters we had in years past).  To say that McCoy or any of our first 3 picks last year had a huge impact on our success is silly.  All 3 ended up hurt for a good portion of the season...and we did fine without them.

I agree with the OP that we should have traded up...there are Gmac's every year...they are the Marcell Darious, Fairelly, Dorsey type guys... some turn into Kevin Williams, some turn into Ryan Simms.  When was the last Suh type player that came out?  It has been 25 years since a Dlineman with as much talent and no character issues has come out...his name was Reggie White.  We should have traded up with either Detroit or STL...even if it took our 1 and both 2's. 

Not saying Gmac can't become a solid / above average / occasional pro-bowl type player....but he will never be confused with Suh.

This is the exact same thing we had 3-4 years ago with CJ / Joe Thomas...I was hoping we were going to trade up to get one...instead we got Gaines Adams, Sears, and Pascatelli...how did that work out for us...

Get back to us in a few years when we really see how Suh, GMac and Price turn out. I think most NFL fans realize you don't judge a draft after one year.

Price's career is already over, so we know what he is.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 03, 2011, 04:54:21 PM

Boy Gruden would have made a horrible GM. Wed still have Brooks and Garcia as our starting QB. Thank god Raheem is running the show now.

.... and Galloway. Don't leave him out!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 03, 2011, 04:56:29 PM

haha Galloway would be on our team over Williams. What a joke!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : April 03, 2011, 04:58:46 PM

Man, Gruden really looks bad when you make up a bunch of silly crap about him. You have convinced me, logic man!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 03, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

The Bucs sure weren't going to let anything get between them and Freeman.

Ya, only 16 other teams picked before them.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If You Could Do 2010 Draft Over? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools