Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If You Could Do 2010 Draft Over? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 03, 2011, 05:02:29 PM

The Bucs sure weren't going to let anything get between them and Freeman.

Ya, only 16 other teams picked before them.

Good recruiting man. Something Gruden could have learned from Raheem. Thats definitely why Grudens on the set of MNF and not in the real game like Raheem.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 03, 2011, 05:06:26 PM

Avril/Vandenbosch > White/Crowder/Moore and all the rest of our DE's combined.

Also, Suh cost the Lions a couple times with stupid decisions on the field.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : April 03, 2011, 05:10:50 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 03, 2011, 05:14:28 PM

Suh was probably the right decision for the Lions although it cost them with their QB. He needs protection badddllyyy. Thats what they will probably address this draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 03, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

Suh was probably the right decision for the Lions although it cost them with their QB. He needs protection badddllyyy. Thats what they will probably address this draft.
Stafford is just fragile. Freeman got clobbered by blindside hits in consecutive weeks from Joey Porter and Mike Peterson and he kept playing. He's simply more resilient.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 03, 2011, 05:30:43 PM

He's simply bigger.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 03, 2011, 07:18:40 PM

He's simply bigger.

leftwich is simply bigger.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 03, 2011, 08:50:13 PM

Leftwich is tall, but Freeman is taller yet.   Freeman is a freak of nature. 

Reminds me of this thing that Sinbad killed.

sg1977nc

Starter
#38 : April 03, 2011, 08:59:08 PM

Last I checked Detroit is picking like 12 or 13 this year...not #2...so they improved a lot also.  He helped his team a lot more than McCoy and Price helped us...the big difference for us this year was that Freeman progressed more than anyone could have hoped for, we got absolute steals with Williams and Grimm, and got extremely lucky with Blount and Larsen, and the FA Dlineman (they played better than the starters we had in years past).  To say that McCoy or any of our first 3 picks last year had a huge impact on our success is silly.  All 3 ended up hurt for a good portion of the season...and we did fine without them.

I agree with the OP that we should have traded up...there are Gmac's every year...they are the Marcell Darious, Fairelly, Dorsey type guys... some turn into Kevin Williams, some turn into Ryan Simms.  When was the last Suh type player that came out?  It has been 25 years since a Dlineman with as much talent and no character issues has come out...his name was Reggie White.  We should have traded up with either Detroit or STL...even if it took our 1 and both 2's. 

Not saying Gmac can't become a solid / above average / occasional pro-bowl type player....but he will never be confused with Suh.

This is the exact same thing we had 3-4 years ago with CJ / Joe Thomas...I was hoping we were going to trade up to get one...instead we got Gaines Adams, Sears, and Pascatelli...how did that work out for us...
Why would Detroit forfeit the opportunities to select such dominating players?

I said STL as well...who needed a QB, who would likely be there @ #3.  If we traded with STL they get #3 and the 3rd pic of rd2, and save themselves about 12 million in signing Bradford.  If we took Suh @1, Det. would have taken Okung @ 2, maybe McCoy.
But then maybe since Detroit can't get Suh at #2 and they don't need a QB they allow Washington to trade up and get Bradford and St. Louis doesn't get their franchise QB at #3. Generally, when teams have franchise-changing players in front of them, they don't leave anything to chance. The Bucs sure weren't going to let anything get between them and Freeman.

Perhaps you are right, but the Lions also needed a Franchise LT in the worst way, and Okung was considered a top 5 pick...if Suh was gone...smart money has them taking Okung.  Many mocks had Det taking Okung at #2, even with Suh on the board...not sure they would have traded down. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 03, 2011, 09:04:15 PM

Leftwich is tall, but Freeman is taller yet.   Freeman is a freak of nature. 

Reminds me of this thing that Sinbad killed.

Your hilarious dude.  What are you 12 or 13?  I bet you think  "your momma" jokes are funny.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 03, 2011, 11:57:59 PM

I'd definetely trade McCoy straight up for him, but I dont know how much else.

Wow, you'd really be a great GM.    You could offer McCoy straight up for Suh to the Lions.   Good thinking.   I'm sure they would accept that offer.

No they wouldn't.

But that would be my best offer. 

A defensive tackle getting sacks on Detroit's defensive line is like kayaking with the current in the river while getting sacks on Tampa's defensive line is like kayaking against the current, while dragging an anchor.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 04, 2011, 08:02:45 AM

I'd swap Price for Dunlap at 35.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 04, 2011, 08:20:32 AM

Although I wasn't unhappy with the pick at the time, If I had a chance to re-do it, I'd not of taken Bowden and picked
up a late round developmental true defensive end (not like a Lorig.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#43 : April 05, 2011, 08:04:18 AM

This would have been my draft if I could have done it over

1) Gerald McCoy
2) Carlos Dunlap
2) Arrelious Benn
3) Jordan Shipley
4) Mike Williams
6) Greg Hardy
7) Cody Grimm
7) Marquis Johnson
7) Legarrette Blount

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 05, 2011, 08:20:38 AM

Love me some Shipley..... still do!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If You Could Do 2010 Draft Over? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools