Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow...Good stuff « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

: April 03, 2011, 12:58:57 PM

Obviously we should have traded Freeman for him.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f0c1f0/article/elway-says-broncos-uncertain-if-they-have-franchise-qb?module=HP_headlines

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 03, 2011, 02:10:57 PM

Since the NFL promotes slavery......FREE TEBOW.....LET MY PERSON GO ( go somewhere he can play, please....)

sg1977nc

Starter
#2 : April 03, 2011, 02:27:22 PM

I think the mass hysteria around Tebow is funny.  The guy was awesome in college because he was bigger / stronger / faster than everyone and had superior teams...he could will his way to victory.  The QB position in the NFL requires a set of skills that he has not had to develop...because he has not needed to...and there is absolutely no indication he has the aptitude (mental and physical) to make the necessary adjustments to his game.  He has the will...but not sure about the talent. 

A QB to watch out for IMO will be Colt McCoy...his game reminds me a lot of Steve Young's for some reason...accurate, mobile, smart, tough...

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 03, 2011, 03:57:02 PM

I think Colt is going to be really good...sometimes those weak armed QB's are underrated by many, but who cares if you have a "weak arm" if you manage to complete 70% of your passes and keep the chains moving.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : April 03, 2011, 04:17:35 PM

I don't understand why we're talking about Tebow

JDog

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 03, 2011, 04:49:31 PM

I like the comments from fans to that article:

"Elway is afraid that tebow will be the greatest QB in broncos history over him."

"I'm not exactly sure what Denver wants to do, whether it be to rebuild or to win now. IF we draft a QB, it's not gonna help us win now, it's more like taking a few steps back. As far as us not having any Franchise qbs, maybe Elway has his own definition for one idk, but as far as i'm concerned Tebow is our Franchise guy. There's all dis talk bout the "it" factor and Tebow has "it" you can just sense that in em. Denver's offense is gonna be different whether he's on the field or not and he's a guy teams plan for. You can build your team around him. He's a great leader, very mature, he's not consistent yet, but he just got out of his rookie year so what da he11 do ppl expect out of him. Not even Peyton Manning put up great numbers his rookie year. There's not very many guys who're just gonna make dat transition real quick and just be good or even great from da start. If he gets his chance then we can talk bout it 2 or 3 years from now."

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 03, 2011, 04:59:09 PM

Its probably good for Tebow that he doesnt have Gruden as his coach. He would never play and if he did play the offense would be way too confusing for him even though its 3 yard passes. I dont think Tebow would have been accurate enough to play that though. Although would it matter with Gruden as the HC? He wouldnt have had Kiffen to bail him out. Just would be ugly. I bet Tebow wishes that we didnt draft Freeman because I think Raheem would be a coach that Tebow would thrive under. Whatever though, Im glad we got Freeman. Dude is a beast.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 03, 2011, 05:50:08 PM

I really don't get the love affair for Tebow.  His fundamentals are terrible. Some say he has the  "it" factor. Ok whatever, how about working on the basics first.  If Elway is doubtful on you, not a good sign.  I really don't see ANY comparison to Freeman.  It's not even close.  I guess Tebow does a lot of charity work, ok good. But as far as who has the higher ceiling?   Freeman in a walk.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 03, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Tebow sells tickets.   Freeman doesn't.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#9 : April 03, 2011, 05:53:23 PM

I wouldn't mind Tebow on the Bucs.

But he would have to play Tight End.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2011, 05:54:56 PM

Freeman would be a good tight end.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#11 : April 03, 2011, 05:55:55 PM

Freeman would be a good tight end.

Would you be happy if Tebow was on the bucs but only if he was playing FB/TE?

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

JDog

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 03, 2011, 05:58:43 PM

I'd be happy for Tebow to be on the Bucs and playing any position.   The guy is a winner.   But he should be playing QB.    It's kind of like when people thought Steve Young should be a running back rather than a QB.    They were wrong.   

I would prefer to see Tebow on whatever team Gruden coaches though.   Gru would win another superbowl with Tebow at QB.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 03, 2011, 06:02:32 PM

Ill take Tebow as our TE. That may happen soon because I dont think he will cut it as a QB in denver. Look for tebow to get cut soon. Maybe as soon as this season.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : April 03, 2011, 06:03:29 PM

I really don't get the love affair for Tebow.  His fundamentals are terrible. Some say he has the  "it" factor.

I've never been a Tebow fan, but I did see that when he came into the game, the entire team played better.

If Elway is doubtful on you, not a good sign.

Actually, it's the proverbial "vote of confidence" that is not a good sign.

I really don't see ANY comparison to Freeman. 

Then stop comparing them. Quit letting Java yank your chain.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow...Good stuff « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools