Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow...Good stuff « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : April 03, 2011, 06:05:52 PM

Ill take Tebow as our TE.

He's be better than Winslow, that's for sure.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 03, 2011, 06:06:10 PM

Colt McCoy's ceiling is Jeff Garcia. For a team in the same division as Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco you're basically conceding you'll never be consistently better than 3rd place.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2011, 06:06:31 PM

He played great for a rookie.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 03, 2011, 06:09:26 PM

Ill take Tebow as our TE.

He's be better than Winslow, that's for sure.

haha well I dont know about all that. But Id give Tebow a tryout at TE when he fails at Denver and the QB position.

sg1977nc

Starter
#19 : April 03, 2011, 08:46:07 PM

Colt McCoy's ceiling is Jeff Garcia. For a team in the same division as Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco you're basically conceding you'll never be consistently better than 3rd place.

Jeff Garcia's game was very similar to Steve Young's...small, tough, smart, mobile and pretty accurate on short / intermediate routes.  McCoy has all that...but he is 6'3" so he has good size, and IMO he has a stronger arm (but not that strong).  They are not going to spread the defense too much, which is a problem...especially given how fast players are these days. Not sold on Flacco being all that either. 

As far as Tebow goes...if he gets more opportunities, I think he gets exposed...his long windup (he has to keep his eyes on his receiver longer than someone with a fast delivery) will allow DB's all day to figure out where the ball is going and get in position to make plays...so lots of picks, very little YAC, and lots of break ups and big hits...that is what Elway sees and does not like.  It is not about intangibles or hating on him because he is a christian / boy scout...he is a second rate talent...that some delusional idiot traded the farm (and set the donkey's back a couple of years) to draft 2 rounds earlier than his grade merited. 

Seriously Java...as much as you hate Raheem...do you honestly think he is a worse HC than McDaniels was?   I mean..

McDaniels took a talented young team with pro-bowl caliber players on the roster at QB, WR, HB and traded them all away for a parade of losers that will be out of the NFL in 3 - 4 years.  The Bronco's will not be contenders for the next 3-4 years at least.

Morris inherited a roster that was half has been half never were's.  Seriously we had more busts on our roster than Jenna Jameson has had on her face.  Within a year he turned it around...and we have contender.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 04, 2011, 08:22:08 AM

Tebow sells tickets.   Freeman doesn't.

Winning sells tickets. If he can win he'll continue to sell tickets. If he can't eventually everyone will forget about him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 04, 2011, 08:30:55 AM

Tebow.. haha. I hope the Broncos stick with him, they will finish in last place for years to come.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 04, 2011, 09:07:18 AM

SI.com picked up a story this weekend weve been holding for ten days.  Sources have told us a while ago they expect the Denver Broncos to draft a quarterback this year and it could be early.  Many familiar with the situation told us Tim Tebow is not the quarterback for John Elway- and with the future Hall of Fame passer calling many of the shots for the franchise a signal caller is a priority.  Colin Kaepernick of Nevada at the top of round two makes the most sense.  The team has already worked out Kaepernick and will bring him in for a visit next week.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5189

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 04, 2011, 09:31:02 AM

Lol Ramon... it appears fishing works both ways.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 04, 2011, 10:38:26 AM

Tebow for HB

HitTheBlount

Second String

#25 : April 04, 2011, 10:39:19 AM

i will never get a lot of you around here?  first off anyone who is a buccaneers fan knows that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have NEVER had a legit FANCHISE QB - ever!!!! so for a player like Freeman to arrive here in Tampa and accomplish what he has is astounding!! you people are truly taking a great young QB for granted, i mean he is playing great and your lobbying for a Tebow trade? what happens when he isnt playing great? your probably going to beg for his release. i am a HUGE GATORS FAN but would never, absolutley never even rate Tebow in the same class as Freeman in any category fathomable, there is no QB category where you could even compare the two - it is precisly a night and day comparison. anyone on here that really believes Tebow could be in the same class as Freeman has truly lost their minds - furthermore if Tebow is your messiah go be a Broncos fan i hear they have a lot of space in their fan base.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 04, 2011, 10:58:30 AM

LOL!   You really believe there are more Buc fans than Bronco fans?    The Broncos sold out every game last year.   Here's a pic of a Buc game in the heart of the game.   You won't find an NFL team that is supported less than the Bucs since Raheem became coach.

Your boy Freeman has athletic talent, but nobody seems to want to watch him play.    Tebow on the other hand had the top selling jersey in the NFL and is one of the top draws in the league when it comes to fan interest.   I'm not saying Tebow is the better QB at this point, but he damn sure sells more tickets.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 04, 2011, 10:59:43 AM

Broncos sell out every year. Tebow and their attendance have zero correlation. Bronco fans are diehards and have been selling out for years now.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 04, 2011, 11:01:13 AM

Tebow's jersey sales tell you all you need to know about how popular he is.   If he was the Bucs starting QB, 100% guarantee they would have sold more tickets.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 04, 2011, 11:02:55 AM

Broncos sell out every year.

So you are saying that dude's comment of " if Tebow is your messiah go be a Broncos fan i hear they have a lot of space in their fan base." is wrong?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow...Good stuff « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools