Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gov Scott... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

: April 03, 2011, 02:17:43 PM

;)

GO PICK ON SOMEONE IN YOUR OWN TAX BRACKET!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could take credit for that one but heard about it on talk radio.

What is your favorite Gov Scott slogan?????

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : April 03, 2011, 03:56:00 PM

Mine?

"I'm innocent of all medicare fraud charges against me"

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 03, 2011, 04:00:43 PM

Well its pretty simple really. .. Either the people in this country gets off the government's tit or it will collapse into economic ruin.

Your choice. Florida needs to cut $5 billion out of it's budget just to get our head above water again. The Federal government needs to cut $1.5 TRILLION to get out of the red.

We can't continue with this welfare state. It's simple math. We don't have the money.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 03, 2011, 04:07:06 PM

ST. PETERSBURG - The booing began in earnest well before the game even got under way.

But it had nothing to do with the Tampa Bay Rays.

Or the Baltimore Orioles.

It had everything to do with who was throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to kick off the Rays' season Gov. Rick Scott.

Scott, wearing a No. 45 Rays jersey to mark that he's the 45th governor of the state, took to the mound amid an avalanche of boos and just a smattering of applause.

He smiled and waved to the crowd as he took the mound and again after he threw a pitch that was far better than the one former Gov. Charlie Crist delivered when he was the state's top elected official.

David Pearlman of Tampa called the governor a "scumbag" and a "dirtbag" and gave him the thumbs-down signal as he loudly booed. The boos echoed inside Tropicana Field from fans angry over many moves Scott has made during his short stint as governor.

"I think he's a fraud," Pearlman said. "I think he's a criminal."

The Tampa man doesn't like how Scott rejected billions of federal dollars for high-speed rail and he doesn't like what he is doing to education and teachers.

"I think he's been wrong across the board," he said. "I think he bought the election."

Ruth and Lee Levant of Tampa were on the other side of the aisle literally and figuratively from Pearlman.

They applauded the governor as he threw out the first pitch.

"I think he's doing a great job," said Lee Levant. "He's trying not to waste money. I think he ought to run for president."

Hours before the game began, about 100 sign-toting protesters gathered outside the stadium, urging those arriving to unleash their boos on the governor.

They carried signs that said things like "Hey Rick, pick on someone in your own tax bracket" and "Trade Rick Scott to the Yankees."

Ironically, Scott also was booed at a New York Yankees spring training game at Legends Field recently.

Annette Hicks of Tampa has been a school psychologist for 26 years and she has never been this worried about the future of education.

"I have grave concerns about its future," she said. "I did not vote for him and I'm not happy."

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 03, 2011, 04:11:10 PM

Fine. Go elect a far-lefty who will turn this state into the next California and balloon our deficit to $25 billion.

This whole nation is on course for a massive economic train wreck.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 03, 2011, 04:43:22 PM

Fine. Go elect a far-lefty who will turn this state into the next California and balloon our deficit to $25 billion.

This whole nation is on course for a massive economic train wreck.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 03, 2011, 05:13:40 PM

;)

GO PICK ON SOMEONE IN YOUR OWN TAX BRACKET!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could take credit for that one but heard about it on talk radio.

"It's in my wife's name."

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 03, 2011, 05:14:55 PM

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 03, 2011, 09:04:25 PM

Well its pretty simple really. .. Either the people in this country gets off the government's tit or it will collapse into economic ruin.

Your choice. Florida needs to cut $5 billion out of it's budget just to get our head above water again. The Federal government needs to cut $1.5 TRILLION to get out of the red.

We can't continue with this welfare state. It's simple math. We don't have the money.

If conservatives were serious about cutting the deficit they would raise taxes. Cutting spending while simultaneously cutting revenue is a wash. It's simple math. This has nothing to do with deficits and everything to do with Republicanizing America and using deficit scare tactics as cover to do it.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 03, 2011, 09:21:22 PM

How much higher should the taxes be? We already have among the highest corporate taxes in the western world. Raising that bracket further will provoke even more companies to take their jobs and operations overseas. Take more money from the rich and they will spend less which means we have less revenue in sales taxes which puts the state budget into even more disarray. Plus small and medium-sized businesses will hire even less people.

Raise property taxes? OK so you want to put even more downward pressure on a housing market that is barely hanging on to what it has left? Raising those taxes will chase buyers away which push the values down further and then you end up with even less in tax revenue.

Raising taxes could actually become counter-productive.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 03, 2011, 09:51:56 PM

If conservatives were serious about cutting the deficit they would raise taxes.

Yea right, if liberals were serious about cutting the deficit they would friggin' stop spending money. This isn't about redistributing wealth any more because we are running out of wealth to redistribute. This is about we only have so much money to spend and after that, we are toast.

Now, if you want to live on salami sandwiches from this point on and give the rest to other people, fine, join a non profit. Until that happens, how's about you stop lecturing others what they should do with their "fair share!!!!!'

Edit: Oh, as an addendum, Illinois just decided they would raise taxes on the "rich" to pay for their budget deficit. Caterpillar their largest employer is now probably moving states. North Carolina tried the same thing, what happened? The "rich" moved and revenues went down.
: April 03, 2011, 09:57:12 PM spartan

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#11 : April 03, 2011, 09:55:33 PM

GREAT SCOTT! Is that him flirting with the enemy. What a whore!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 03, 2011, 10:05:00 PM

How much higher should the taxes be? We already have among the highest corporate taxes in the western world. Raising that bracket further will provoke even more companies to take their jobs and operations overseas.

http://www.smartmoney.com/investing/economy/high-corporate-tax-rate-is-misleading-22463/

spartan

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 03, 2011, 10:21:15 PM

How much higher should the taxes be? We already have among the highest corporate taxes in the western world. Raising that bracket further will provoke even more companies to take their jobs and operations overseas.

http://www.smartmoney.com/investing/economy/high-corporate-tax-rate-is-misleading-22463/

Two things stand out in that article.

1. "Why the disparity given the high federal rate, which rises to 39% counting state taxes? Part of the answer is that big U.S. companies have become expert at hiding profits in tax havens overseas"

If the taxation rate was not so high why would they do this. Implement the fair tax and eliminate the tax altogether that money would be in the US.

2.  "Such breaks are expected to cost the Treasury $1.2 trillion over the next 10 years"

Meanwhile, current Govt spending is expecting to increase the National debt by about 9 trillion during that time. Now please convince me somehow that the "lack" of taxation is the root cause of our problem and not the rate we are spending!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 03, 2011, 10:21:34 PM

If conservatives were serious about cutting the deficit they would raise taxes.

Yea right, if liberals were serious about cutting the deficit they would friggin' stop spending money. This isn't about redistributing wealth any more because we are running out of wealth to redistribute. This is about we only have so much money to spend and after that, we are toast.

Now, if you want to live on salami sandwiches from this point on and give the rest to other people, fine, join a non profit. Until that happens, how's about you stop lecturing others what they should do with their "fair share!!!!!'

You're right, it's not about redistributing wealth. It's about paying down deficits, and while cutting spending is necessary, it's only half of the equation. Liberals would take conservatives more seriously if they accompanied cutting programs with raising taxes on the wealthy. But guess what? They never do. It's cut middle class benefits, cut lower class benefits, eliminate collective bargaining for the working class, cut teachers, cut policemen, cut firefighters, everything is fair game, except the rich, of course. The the rich are off limits.

Edit: Oh, as an addendum, Illinois just decided they would raise taxes on the "rich" to pay for their budget deficit. Caterpillar their largest employer is now probably moving states. North Carolina tried the same thing, what happened? The "rich" moved and revenues went down.

http://chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2011/03/caterpillar-ceo-no-plans-to-leave-illinois.html

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gov Scott... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools