Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can a true Buc fan not be excited? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Kerrigan2011

Starter

#15 : April 03, 2011, 05:50:39 PM

How nice is it to see guys that will be able to grow up here.... as opposed to bringing in has beens that other teams have tossed out with the trash? And those throws..... not Sanchez, Flacco or even Matty "ice" could make 'em.

Freeman is a special player and truly I think once old man Brees goes, we have the best QB in the NFC South. Matt Ryan just doesn't impress me, take away Turner and White and that guy is nothing great.He is a major puss wuss and looks for the yellow flag everytime a DE comes near him. Same goes for Sanchez, take away that defense and Sanchez is on the level of Matt Stafford when it comes to difference making.

Freeman is a game changer and a leader. Something we have never had in Tampa. I am just glad that we got the best QB in that draft that year. Didn't know how to feel about the pick on draft day, but man it feels good now that we got him.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : April 03, 2011, 05:51:58 PM

How nice is it to see guys that will be able to grow up here.... as opposed to bringing in has beens that other teams have tossed out with the trash?

Those are the only considerations? I had no idea being a GM was so easy. Hell, even you could probably do it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2011, 05:58:33 PM

But in 2007, Galloway was the man.   That's when he was on the team by the way.   He's not on the team this year so to say you'd want other guys over him is a moot point.    I merely posted that link to show that the Bucs have a highlight reel every year.    That 2010 highlight reel is actually less exciting than the 2007 one.

Your missing the point, it's exciting to see a team that is built for the long haul.  I will be looking forward to seeing Dom lock up Freeman for the long haul with a huge contract sometime in the future. Same for Mike and Blount too.  I know the Glazers will have no problem shelling out the dough for those guys.  After blowing money on re-treads  Gruden and Allen brought in, they gotta be happy to see their money well spent for a change.  And yes Morris will be well compensated too, he has done a hell of a job.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 03, 2011, 05:58:52 PM

How nice is it to see guys that will be able to grow up here.... as opposed to bringing in has beens that other teams have tossed out with the trash?

Those are the only considerations? I had no idea being a GM was so easy. Hell, even you could probably do it.

Thats the thing its not easy. The easy thing is to bring in has beens and expect them to play like they are 25 again. Thats what Gruden did and never took the longer harder way to go. Thats why hes sitting on his ass and Morris is getting ready to coach another NFL season. Whenever that may be.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 03, 2011, 06:00:12 PM

Agree Hate. It really is nice to have players that will grow up here. Something we have been missing since the Dungy days. Once that team ran out Gruden was never open or able to building a new one. Raheem had this plan from the start. Its obviously why Raheems our coach now and not Gruden.

VERY obvious!!

-------------------------------------------------------

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2011, 06:02:20 PM

JDog

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 03, 2011, 06:04:10 PM

Notice Freeman always ducks away like a girl when he runs even though he's the biggest guy on the field?     

Dilfer was way smaller than Freeman, but he was a man.

bucs63

Starter
#22 : April 03, 2011, 06:05:18 PM

How can anyone not be excited by Hates sig?

Awesome Freeman highlight reel. And it never seems to end. K2 looks is amazing, as is Mike. Rejus looked like what we hoped for. And 81 and 18 made plays. We never had so many legit weapons on offense, but Freeman is making it happen. We can only hope that things continue to work out and we see these guys play in Tampa for all their Hall of Fame careers.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2011, 06:05:45 PM

I like the Mike Williams catch in the end zone week one better. AB is another washed up player picked up by Gruden. What a waste of time he was to this franchise. Good thing it happened the way it did because now we have a real QB with real weapons. Not some has been with an attitude problem.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2011, 06:07:17 PM

lol I will also take Freeman over Dilfer any day as well. Thats just obvious as well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 03, 2011, 06:10:31 PM

I like the Mike Williams catch in the end zone week one better. AB is another washed up player picked up by Gruden. What a waste of time he was to this franchise. Good thing it happened the way it did because now we have a real QB with real weapons. Not some has been with an attitude problem.

A real QB that uses all of his weapons.... not just locks onto one WR. Defending this offense is gonna be hell on the opposition.

Credit goes to my homie, Brad.... aka "Jack Rabbit Slim"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 03, 2011, 06:14:03 PM

A real QB that uses all of his weapons.... not just locks onto one WR. Defending this offense is gonna be hell on the opposition.

Credit goes to my homie, Brad.... aka "Jack Rabbit Slim"

Not only that but an offense that features more than one WR. In Grudens offense you rarely saw another WR get a bunch of catches in a game. It was usually one WR making the big plays. Not anymore. There were many big plays made by a bunch of different WRs. Another reason why Grudens on ESPN and Raheems the man in charge now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 03, 2011, 06:17:42 PM

Another reason why Grudens on ESPN and Raheems the man in charge now.

If the guy woulda had the nadz to draft a guy like this, the Glazers wouldn't have paid him to go away;

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 03, 2011, 06:17:57 PM

Notice Freeman always ducks away like a girl when he runs even though he's the biggest guy on the field?     

Dilfer was way smaller than Freeman, but he was a man.

It's called being smart,  staying healthy. Hell,  Dilfer didn't care about staying healthy, he knew his next game might be his last, if they had someone better to replace him. Might as well go balls to the wall.  Freeman?   Will be our franchise for the next 20 years hopefully.  Stay healthy Josh.
: April 03, 2011, 06:21:00 PM michael89156

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 03, 2011, 06:28:15 PM

Some guys play to win and play like men.   Others hit the turf to avoid contact even though they are twice the size of other men (then miss the playoffs by one game because of it).

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can a true Buc fan not be excited? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools