Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas on the Glazers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 04, 2011, 06:39:33 PM

The Bucs played some of the worst teams in the league last year. NFC West plus the Panthers were 6 wins. Another win was against the Redskins only because they botched a PAT. Another win was against the Browns who's coach was fired. Another win against the Bengals whose QB wants to be traded. The Saints game I consider a wash because the Bucs got destroyed in the first meeting.

But the Bucs are better than the Panthers, Bengals, Browns, and the NFC West. I guess that's improvement from 2009. But I dont see this team as a playoff team. There is no pass rush. The LBs are huge question marks. And now the secondary is a mess thanks to Tanard and Talib. And this team refuses to even consider free agency to help fill a couple holes. Why? Because they are cheap!

Does it matter? It's not the Bucs' fault the other teams blow. We are given a schedule by the NFL. All we can do is play it the best we can.

Sybil..... is that you?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 04, 2011, 06:49:22 PM

The Bucs played some of the worst teams in the league last year. NFC West plus the Panthers were 6 wins. Another win was against the Redskins only because they botched a PAT. Another win was against the Browns who's coach was fired. Another win against the Bengals whose QB wants to be traded. The Saints game I consider a wash because the Bucs got destroyed in the first meeting.

But the Bucs are better than the Panthers, Bengals, Browns, and the NFC West. I guess that's improvement from 2009. But I dont see this team as a playoff team. There is no pass rush. The LBs are huge question marks. And now the secondary is a mess thanks to Tanard and Talib. And this team refuses to even consider free agency to help fill a couple holes. Why? Because they are cheap!

With so much negativity surrounding this cheap azz team...... why are u here?

Same reason as Java.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 04, 2011, 08:59:37 PM

Does it matter? It's not the Bucs' fault the other teams blow. We are given a schedule by the NFL. All we can do is play it the best we can.

That's not my point. Im not bashing the Bucs for playing their schedule. Im bashing the fans that think playing a cupcake schedule makes this team suddenly a playoff contender.

How many times have you seen a football team (on any level) breeze through an easy regular season schedule, look good doing it, and then get killed in the playoffs when they face better competition? I've seen it a bunch of times.

I don't see this as a playoff team. I just don't. Name one solid position on the defense. Other than perhaps McCoy...name just one position that is rock solid. Ronde will likely be gone next year. Everyone wants Talib cut and the media will run him out of town whether he's guilty or not. No one wants Ruud back. Hayes has his problems with the law. Tanard can't stay off the drugs. Grimm looks promising but there isn't enough to judge for the long term. Biggers, Lewis, and Mack are back-up material. We have nothing at DE but scrubs. The defense is a mess. And the only way to fix it according to Dominik and the Glazers is to use the draft? Give me a f---ing break! Will you explain to me how signing someone like Asomugha would hurt the team? He wouldnt. He wouldnt strap the cap since this team will be so freakin far under the floor its not even funny. But you and I both know damn well the Bucs won't even make an offer to him or anyone else in Free Agency that could fill a few holes until replacements are drafted. Or if they do make an offer it will be for some stupid low-ball amount so they can go to the fans and say, "we tried."

According to JoeBucsFan, the Bucs beat the Saints last year with 24 players on the roster undrafted. Imagine what this team could accomplish if they were willing to spend just a little bit more money for a few good free agents that can provide some leadership and experience to the defense.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 04, 2011, 09:10:08 PM

I am sick of people saying Dominik said the plan was only draft. It has always been draft the base of the team and then get players in FA to put them over the top. Just because we don't go sign every FA out there doesn't mean they are cheap. We sign a CB and a DE who can help like Edwards or Joseph and then we have a pretty good team. Once the CBA is put in place we might have to spend money in FA. I don't see that being spent on the likes of Ruud or Joseph.

And LOL again at the low ball and say they tried. They offered Haynesworth a lot of money and he even said it. They offered a big deal for Cutler. So again, you make things up to try to make your idea sound intelligent.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2011, 09:12:47 PM

Dominik:

"You sit back and look at the Indianapolis Colts and how Bill Polian always built his franchises. Or you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers or the New England Patriots. Those teams go through and they either trade for players or maybe once in awhile, they buy a free agent. But the teams that have success in the National Football League -- Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England and the Colts, it's the draft.''

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2010/01/bucs-gm-dominik-wont-change-course-expect-younger-team-fewer-free-agents-.html

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 04, 2011, 10:43:55 PM

That's not my point. Im not bashing the Bucs for playing their schedule. Im bashing the fans that think playing a cupcake schedule makes this team suddenly a playoff contender.

How many times have you seen a football team (on any level) breeze through an easy regular season schedule, look good doing it, and then get killed in the playoffs when they face better competition? I've seen it a bunch of times.

I remember the Bucs were that way when Gruden was HC. Theyd look good in the reg season but then would suck at the end of the year. The team obviously bailed on their HC. This team beat two playoff teams at the end of the season last year. We are only going to get better after the draft and free agency (i heard we may be more active in FA this year than the past). Freeman is in year 3 after a spectacular season. How does that not add up to playoff contender?  You look at the defense and thats the same defense that played well against Brees and its only going to get better. You think its ridiculous to label this team a playoff contender. I think its ridiculous not to consider them a playoff contender. They have everything going for them right now. You should be happy Grudens not running this team now because wed have Veterans on their last legs on this team now. We have a solid foundation for the youngest team in the NFL. Dont give me that crap about easy schedule. There really are no easy games in this league. Ask that question to the Saints when they lost to the Seahawks. Which is an NFC west team. We killed them and beat the saints.

So your point holds no ground at all Cyberdude. I know you like to look at the dark side of things. (would hate to live your life if thats the way you are outside of this forum) Sure hope not. Im not being an **CENSORED** Im just saying Ive never seen you post anything positive on this forum. Just want you to know life aint all that bad bro. Being a negative nancy never ends up to something good. As much as you may think it does. Being right aint all that special if thats what you care about. So what if they dont make the playoffs next year. Do you win a **CENSORED**in prize for it? Why not just cheer for the team you like and hope for the best. Its not all that hard.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas on the Glazers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools