Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 plays in Buccaneers history « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 06, 2011, 01:34:47 PM

Dewayne White's blocked FG in OT is #1 for me.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : April 06, 2011, 03:41:18 PM

Actually, Java, your posts are ignored. The only one i've seen as of late is the sig pic that Sarasota Buc Fan asked me to look at.

Uh huh.   

Too bad you missed the Bucs top 10 plays...  oh wait...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 06, 2011, 04:30:36 PM

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, but that's number one?  Over Ronde shutting down the Vet?  Over Brooks' Super Bowl dagger?  Over Joe's ridiculous Monday Night receptions?

The blocked field goal was AMAZING (that whole game was one for the ages), but it's missing some, uh, thematic undertones compared to some of the other ones.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2011, 04:48:00 PM

That blocked kick was so amazing that I'd forgotten about it...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 06, 2011, 05:34:55 PM

Absolutely no question about #1. I always think of the game against the eagles as our true Super Bowl, because they had beaten us several times in a row. They had our number. Winning that game just felt so huge, and the fact that the Raiders ran Gruden's EXACT offense against us and got massacred didn't help matters.

Also, for my personal top 10 I think I'd include Freeman's TD throw to Stroughter in 2009. Obviously he had plenty of late game heroics last year too, but for me that game took me from desperately trying to maintain hope to "holy crap, this Freeman kid is it." It's very rare that just one game is all you need to know you've got a special player. I think I'd also have to include Gruden's ballsy 2 point conversion against the Redskins. Yeah, we didn't end up doing anything that year, but at the time there were definitely pretty big playoff implications and it was a potential season changing call.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 06, 2011, 05:35:18 PM

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, but that's number one?  Over Ronde shutting down the Vet?  Over Brooks' Super Bowl dagger?  Over Joe's ridiculous Monday Night receptions?

The blocked field goal was AMAZING (that whole game was one for the ages), but it's missing some, uh, thematic undertones compared to some of the other ones.

We were up 10 when Ronde got the TD. Up 13 when Brooks got his. And let's be honest, McNabb and Gannon threw it right to them. Those plays sealed the best wins, doesn't make them the best plays.

When you combine game situation, how important the game was and how hard it was do... I think White's is #1.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 06, 2011, 06:49:34 PM

When you combine game situation, how important the game was and how hard it was do... I think White's is #1.

using your own criteria, Ronde's is def #1.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 06, 2011, 08:55:33 PM

I think I'd also have to include Gruden's ballsy 2 point conversion against the Redskins. Yeah, we didn't end up doing anything that year, but at the time there were definitely pretty big playoff implications and it was a potential season changing call.

They made the playoffs that year.   I'd call making the playoffs doing something.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 08, 2011, 10:59:49 AM

I think I'd also have to include Gruden's ballsy 2 point conversion against the Redskins. Yeah, we didn't end up doing anything that year, but at the time there were definitely pretty big playoff implications and it was a potential season changing call.

They made the playoffs that year.   I'd call making the playoffs doing something.
Gruden lived off a weak schedule that year too.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 08, 2011, 08:47:26 PM

There's a difference between having a weak schedule and MAKING the playoffs and having a weak schedule and NOT MAKING the playoffs.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 08, 2011, 08:52:09 PM

Well yeah, but it was yet another first round exit. So in the long run it isn't really something you remember.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 08, 2011, 10:41:01 PM

I remember division championships.   They are something to be proud of.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 09, 2011, 03:05:19 AM

There's a difference between having a weak schedule and MAKING the playoffs and having a weak schedule and NOT MAKING the playoffs.
Except our division back in the Gruden era was comparable to swiss cheese. Rah has it much tougher with 2 legit playoff caliber teams in the division.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 09, 2011, 10:00:12 AM

The division wasn't any worse back then, Gruden just put butt whippings on them which made their records worse.  Otherwise they'd have looked much better.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 09, 2011, 12:02:50 PM

That blocked kick was so amazing that I'd forgotten about it...

That was actually funny and this thread actually benefited the board.  Careful Java, people might start liking you and ruin that whole cantankerous prune thing you got going on!   Good stuff.  That video made me smile after a long, crappy day.  Joe's catch was such an emotional amazing moment for him, the team and the fans.  When I think about the Eagles fans chanting about his baby and him shutting their mouths....what a moment.

[Add witty one liner here]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 plays in Buccaneers history « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools