Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BRAND SPANKING NEW... SBF's Weekly News Topic: Libyan War « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 05, 2011, 08:12:49 AM

You understand the phrase right?  All but being a key portion of the phrase... he has gone as far as he can and still remain a part of the administration.  He cannot call the move stupid and finish his term. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 05, 2011, 09:32:42 AM

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/obama-versus-gates-on-libya/

Db, that's the best you can come up with?? Please tell me you got that from Googling and are not a regular visitor to that joke of a site ... Both Gates and Obama said Libya was of interest to the US and unless there was more that was not shown, not sure where you're getting this "all but stupid" stuff  unless it's from Hannity ... "Fair and Balanced" .... ROFL.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2011, 09:45:01 AM

Gates has all but called involvement in Libya stupid.

Your link didn't support this in the least.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 05, 2011, 10:07:05 AM

lol funny morgan, no term paper, ill be honest i listen to rand and ron paul podcasts a lot (of their interviews and their weekly updates) Rand Paul has proposed a 500 billion dollar cut.  doesnt touch any SS or medicare or anything.

Rand always talks about cutting defense and military.

Ron Paul talks about cutting militarism all the time.

Rand Paul's bill that would cut 500 billion eliminates departments of the government that have proven to hurt more than they help, and consolidated departments, like a portion of the dept. of energy into another area, i think its defense.

While I do think that combining certain departments in order to cut down the overhead is reasonable, most of his cuts are unrealistic and quite frankly, aren't necessary. He proposes a 6.5 % cut to defense. If he had doubled that, it would exceed the amount saved from completely eliminating the Department of Education. If you were to cut military spending by 30%, it would total more than half of what his overall budget cuts from the deficit.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 05, 2011, 04:16:51 PM

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/obama-versus-gates-on-libya/

Db, that's the best you can come up with?? Please tell me you got that from Googling and are not a regular visitor to that joke of a site ... Both Gates and Obama said Libya was of interest to the US and unless there was more that was not shown, not sure where you're getting this "all but stupid" stuff  unless it's from Hannity ... "Fair and Balanced" .... ROFL.
Google CK - google... lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 05, 2011, 04:31:01 PM

CK - here's Gates with reservation about the no-fly
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20038391-503544.html

Here's Gates on the goals..
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0311/help_from_friends_0751d505-6188-4851-a826-75a1577da7d5.html

Here's Gates using the terms regarding when US should use military force
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/secretary-gates-libya-not-a-vital-national-interest-to-the-u-s-but-still-an-interest/

As I said earlier in simpler terms - Gates is playing the good soldier - protecting American lives as best he can.  But if one is going to question if he believes this is right - well I think Gates' words come through pretty well. 

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 05, 2011, 07:11:15 PM

CK - here's Gates with reservation about the no-fly
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20038391-503544.html

Here's Gates on the goals..
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0311/help_from_friends_0751d505-6188-4851-a826-75a1577da7d5.html

Here's Gates using the terms regarding when US should use military force
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/secretary-gates-libya-not-a-vital-national-interest-to-the-u-s-but-still-an-interest/

As I said earlier in simpler terms - Gates is playing the good soldier - protecting American lives as best he can.  But if one is going to question if he believes this is right - well I think Gates' words come through pretty well.

Ah, I see the problem ... You were used to Gates' war mongering predecessor having no qualms at all about stupidly endangering American lives that you've taken Gates' stance as a full 180 from Rummy. I think just because Gates isn't pushing to invade Libya, it dosn't mean he's totally at odds with what Clinton and Obama are doing, either ... but, as usual, we are looking at this from completely different perspectives so I doubt we'll agree.   ;)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 05, 2011, 07:21:24 PM

Nice spin - but no.  Gates was very clear in his evaluation and statements, and as a good soldier followed orders of the President as he pledged to do.  And apparently you are correct on one thing, we aren't likely to agree. 

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 05, 2011, 07:29:50 PM

Nice spin - but no.  Gates was very clear in his evaluation and statements, and as a good soldier followed orders of the President as he pledged to do.  And apparently you are correct on one thing, we aren't likely to agree.

Actually, he was pretty obscure in his evaluation and statements. The authors are using that great propaganda tool  "In other words" to read his mind....  and you do realize one of those articles was over a month old?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 05, 2011, 08:20:37 PM

I take it you felt more threatened by Libya as the month wore on? 

As to his being obscure - that is the first time I have noted you finding such comments obscure - or even couched carefully, when to me he has been obvious during the run up to Barry's trip to Brazil, and concurrently order our military to attack another country to protect their citizens from their government's forces.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 05, 2011, 08:33:59 PM

I take it you felt more threatened by Libya as the month wore on? 

As to his being obscure - that is the first time I have noted you finding such comments obscure - or even couched carefully, when to me he has been obvious during the run up to Barry's trip to Brazil, and concurrently order our military to attack another country to protect their citizens from their government's forces.

I don't feel threatened by Libya at all and I won't be on board with this if it escalates much past the current status ... kind of like Gates may feel.  8)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 05, 2011, 08:44:35 PM

I thought it odd - only good thing I could make out is if Gaddafi were to have an accident - the rest simply wasn't moving me all that much.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BRAND SPANKING NEW... SBF's Weekly News Topic: Libyan War « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools