Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan visiting the Bucs today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Kerrigan2011

Starter

« #15 : April 05, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

I would love to have Kerrigan. Hes exactly what we need on the Dline. For some reason I see him going to the patriots. Dont know why. Its a hunch. I think if we trade up theres a good possibility. I really hope we get that DE we need day one. Its crucial going forward for the defense.

I doubt the Pats take him. They run a 3-4 and he is projected mostly as a 4-3 RDE. I just hope thats the only knock on him and 3-4 teams will not look into them.

The biggest blockades that will prevent Kerrigan being a Buc is probably Jacksonville and Houston. If we have a chance to help Miami out we could move up 5 spots and go grab him. 1st and 4th round pick for the 15th spot.

Ryan Kerrigan for 2011 Please!!!

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 05, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

Kerrigan 2011- Why put Houston down to make Kerrigan look better? I understand he is to you as Ras I Dowling is to JDub but come on man! Houston is pretty good in his own right and CC wrote about Morris having the ability to dumb it down for certain guys and for the record I like Kerrigan a lil more than Houston.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Kerrigan2011

Starter

« #17 : April 05, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »

Kerrigan 2011- Why put Houston down to make Kerrigan look better? I understand he is to you as Ras I Dowling is to JDub but come on man! Houston is pretty good in his own right and CC wrote about Morris having the ability to dumb it down for certain guys and for the record I like Kerrigan a lil more than Houston.

Im not putting down Houston to make Kerrigan look better. I already know Kerrigan is better then Houston. I just don't like dumb players that only know 1 way how to get to the QB. That does not work for me and that is not worth spending a 1st round pick on.If Justin Houston was there in the second then I would be all over that. But he is terrible value in the first. Its like buying a car, do you care more about how it looks at first glance and find out its a piece of crap later on or do you do the research and you find the right car with the best engine/tires/safety features?

It would be one thing if I was the only one that didn't like Houston, but im not. Many analysts and scouts have him being the most overrated player being considered in the first round. All of his talent is extremely raw and unrefined. Kerrigan is a polished and proven player. In terms of refined proven players, Kerrigan ranks higher. Now if you want a cross between Kerrigan and Houston, I think JJ Watt would be in between there. Which I would not mind as well. A mix of both Kerrigan/Houston in terms of best qualities.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 05, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

Lets be real, Houston has been a projected 1st round pick since way before the draft. He has the size and athletisim and has played as a 4-3 end and a 3-4 OLB(most prospects cant say this). He has versatility to play both and obviously is smart enough to make a smooth transition from one to the other. He may not be the brightest, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL who are a couple IQ points from being hadicapped. Overexagerrating the knocks on him do nothing but make it look like you have an agenda...if your screen name didnt already. Houston may not be where Kerrigan is, but to act like hes a 3rd round pick is laughable.

Honestly, Im not sure why so many are sold on a guy thats has such a percieved low ceiling? His motor makes up for it? Most seem to think that Kerrigan is close to being maxed out athletically. Not something I want from a guy unless hes already pro-bowl caliber. Being he hasnt played a down in the NFL yet, there no reasonable conclusion. Im not sold on Kerrigan, just like this poster is not sold on Houston. Only difference is i dont need to go to the point of over the top exaggeration to discredit him.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

« #19 : April 05, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »

Lets be real, Houston has been a projected 1st round pick since way before the draft. He has the size and athletisim and has played as a 4-3 end and a 3-4 OLB(most prospects cant say this). He has versatility to play both and obviously is smart enough to make a smooth transition from one to the other. He may not be the brightest, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL who are a couple IQ points from being hadicapped. Overexagerrating the knocks on him do nothing but make it look like you have an agenda...if your screen name didnt already. Houston may not be where Kerrigan is, but to act like hes a 3rd round pick is laughable.

Honestly, Im not sure why so many are sold on a guy thats has such a percieved low ceiling? His motor makes up for it? Most seem to think that Kerrigan is close to being maxed out athletically. Not something I want from a guy unless hes already pro-bowl caliber. Being he hasnt played a down in the NFL yet, there no reasonable conclusion. Im not sold on Kerrigan, just like this poster is not sold on Houston. Only difference is i dont need to go to the point of over the top exaggeration to discredit him.

Not discrediting him, just bringing up viable points why he shouldn't be our pick. Plus I guess I do have an agenda, I do want Kerrigan more then any prospect in the first round not named JJ Watt or Von Miller. You think im joking about him being a 3rd round pick? here is a couple quotes right here.

"Many scouts and writers see him as one of the draft’s most overrated players."- http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-justin-houston

Outside linebacker

Overrated
"Justin Houston, Georgia: The fact that Houston keeps popping up in mock drafts is evidence that some scouts are high on him. Yet, everyone with whom I've discussed his pro potential has characterized him as one of the draft's most overrated prospects. Houston lacks strength at the point of attack as a defensive end and isn't quick off the snap as a stand-up rusher (though he is quick from the three-point stance). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Houston wind up in the first round, but as a classic 'tweener, he'll likely struggle in the NFL."- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14874784/overratedunderrated-setting-the-record-straight-on-prospects

Just saying I dont want to invest a high pick in a dumb player who is a tweener. We already have an undersized LB in Hayes. Tell me how a 6'7'' 300+ LT is going to be intimidated by a 6'2'' 270 lb DE/OLB? He can only run past LT's and LT's in the NFL know how to make sure he uses his speed against him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 05, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »

I would love to have Kerrigan. Hes exactly what we need on the Dline. For some reason I see him going to the patriots. Dont know why. Its a hunch. I think if we trade up theres a good possibility. I really hope we get that DE we need day one. Its crucial going forward for the defense.

I doubt the Pats take him. They run a 3-4 and he is projected mostly as a 4-3 RDE. I just hope thats the only knock on him and 3-4 teams will not look into them.

The biggest blockades that will prevent Kerrigan being a Buc is probably Jacksonville and Houston. If we have a chance to help Miami out we could move up 5 spots and go grab him. 1st and 4th round pick for the 15th spot.

Just call it a hunch because Kerrigan is one of the better natural football players in this draft. Not so much reliance on athletic ability but just a love for football. Those are things the patriots look for. Again I really hope we land Kerrigan because he fits exactly what we need. Just think the intagibles the guy has will make a team pull the trigger on him early. We may need to trade up because I dont see him there at 20. Hope I am wrong.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

« #21 : April 05, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »

Just call it a hunch because Kerrigan is one of the better natural football players in this draft. Not so much reliance on athletic ability but just a love for football. Those are things the patriots look for. Again I really hope we land Kerrigan because he fits exactly what we need. Just think the intagibles the guy has will make a team pull the trigger on him early. We may need to trade up because I dont see him there at 20. Hope I am wrong.

Patriots would be more likely to take JJ Watt then Kerrigan I think. If Patriots are sitting at 17 and we trade with them and Kerrigan and Watt are there...God that would be an extremely tough decision to make for Mark D. I would be happy either way if we came away with either two prospects.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 05, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »

You can find good and bad things about every prospect. From NFP on Houston: "An explosive pass rusher who has been productive in the SEC the past two seasons and knows how to consistently threaten the corner. Has the fluidity to develop a counter move, but needs some time. Looks like a potential impact-caliber pass rusher at the next level."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Kerrigan2011

Starter

« #23 : April 05, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »

You can find good and bad things about every prospect. From NFP on Houston: "An explosive pass rusher who has been productive in the SEC the past two seasons and knows how to consistently threaten the corner. Has the fluidity to develop a counter move, but needs some time. Looks like a potential impact-caliber pass rusher at the next level."
Sure thats fine and dandy and all...but this Bucs team is going to need to rely HEAVILY on being productive right away. We needed a TON of rookies and second year players to step up big this year and we are going to need that to continue this year. We can't wait for a guy who has to "develop" a counter move to be a starter. Because we are going to need all the help we can get on Defense next year if Talib is not on the team.

I just want a guy whose polished and not considered overrated and has a high motor. You forget that Kerrigan looked pretty good with not that much talent around him. Coming into the Bucs he will be playing next to either McCoy or Price. To me, that means he can do what he does best, and help out both Price/McCoy. Kerrigan would be a lot more effective with McCoy and Price collapsing pockets for him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 05, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »

Sure thats fine and dandy and all...but this Bucs team is going to need to rely HEAVILY on being productive right away. We needed a TON of rookies and second year players to step up big this year and we are going to need that to continue this year. We can't wait for a guy who has to "develop" a counter move to be a starter. Because we are going to need all the help we can get on Defense next year if Talib is not on the team.

I just want a guy whose polished and not considered overrated and has a high motor. You forget that Kerrigan looked pretty good with not that much talent around him. Coming into the Bucs he will be playing next to either McCoy or Price. To me, that means he can do what he does best, and help out both Price/McCoy. Kerrigan would be a lot more effective with McCoy and Price collapsing pockets for him.
The Bucs need the best player the next ten years. That may be Kerrigan and may be Houston. I don't know. But any GM who drafts first round picks for what they can do as rookies is an idiot.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 05, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »

They just need to hit on their draft picks. Whether that is DE or not they need to make sure that player can help us next season. The opportunity to draft a DE will be there but will it be the right pick? I just hope they dont go with need over BPA. If they have that opportunity to trade up however to get a player they need, its probably worth it.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #26 : April 05, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »

As much as I like Kerrigan he won't be there at 20 and we are not going to trade up for him.. Way to many DEs to make a trade up on a DE if its not Quinn or Bowers.

Each draft Mark D has done he has never traded down. Only traded up. He traded up 2 spots in the first round in the 2009 draft to grab Freeman and he traded up 3 spots in the second round of the 2010 draft. If he really likes a player then I think he will go after him. Or he could game and wait and see. The only blockade preventing Kerrigan from being a Buc is Jacksonville. If he passes JAX, we should be able to get him pretty easily.

Yea but he has never traded up when there is ton of depth at that position.. Why trade up 5 spots loose a 3rd round pick when Clayborn and Houston may be sitting at 20? As good as Kerrigan is he isn't the elite talent that you trade up to get.

Dont ever compare Justin Houston to Ryan Kerrigan. Scouts around the league have recognized his talent and recognize hes a top-15 talent. A lot of scouts think Justin Houston is a 3rd round pick at best. This is Robert Ayers 2.0. Houston is not impressive at all. Plus he is an absolute moron from reports. We don't need any more knuckledraggers. Clayborn will prolly be there, and for good reason.

Really you need to get Kerrigan's jock strap out of your mouth, its obvious.. Never ONCE did I compare Kerrigan to Houston but I will go on to say Houston has a way better first step then Kerrigan and does have potential as a pass rusheri n this league. Show me one scout who thinks Houston is a 3rd round pick at best and I will show you a mroon. Then the comparison to Ayers and Houston is HORRIBLE. Kerrigan and Houston have more of a comparison then that guy.. wow is all I got to say. Kerrigans jock strap must taste pretty good.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 05, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »

Not interested in trading up for Kerrigan.  He's definitely a "safe" pick, but I think he has a low upside.

+1 this is why I don't see us trading up for him especially with the depth of this DE class.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 05, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »

As much as I like Kerrigan he won't be there at 20 and we are not going to trade up for him..

I "love" these absolute statements. Who says we won't go get him? Dom has shown in both drafts he's not afraid to go get the guy he wants. Hell, he traded up for Benn while there were other WRs to be had.

Dom has shown to move up to get a player with elite talent.. I am sorry tehre may have been other receivers on the board when Benn was taking but nobody who had shown his talent and strength in college.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 05, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »

I just hate when people fall in love with players and complete shut out the idea of another player or players because they are to involved in their love for one player
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kerrigan visiting the Bucs today « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools