Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Those arguing against significant budget cuts have a real logic problem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 08, 2011, 02:23:50 PM

Too bad the rightwingers are using their anti-abortion religious beliefs as a stance to hold up all of this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-sticking-point-planned-parenthood/story?id=13328560

of course if Harry says its so, it must be true.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 08, 2011, 02:35:54 PM

Too bad the rightwingers are using their anti-abortion religious beliefs as a stance to hold up all of this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-sticking-point-planned-parenthood/story?id=13328560

of course if Harry says its so, it must be true.

It's not true? Mike Pence and the conservatives didn't attach a rider to the budget proposal to defund Planned Parenthood? I could have sworn that was a fact.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 08, 2011, 03:19:29 PM

Reid said it was the ONLY thing blocking a deal. I've heard otherwise.

But, even if that was true, what in your opinion is more important, the Govt funding of abortions or Senior citizens getting their SS checks, Medicare + Medicaid and the unemployed getting thier Unemployment checks. If you think it is more important for a woman to POSSIBLY get a Govt financed abortion (she could still pay for herself if she wanted to), fine. My priorities are a bit different.
: April 08, 2011, 03:22:27 PM spartan

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#18 : April 08, 2011, 04:00:25 PM

In my opinion : the following are luxerys that the US cannot afford when there is budget problems and need to either go or be placed on hold.. Kinda like HBO and Cinemax when money is tight.

Medicare, Unemployment benefits, welfare, Food Stamps, Corporate loop holes (but significant tax rate reduction), funding to groups like Planned Parenthood, Public Brodcasting and conservative groups as well., EPA funds  ect.. Those are all Luxery's. There is tons more.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 08, 2011, 04:02:17 PM

But, even if that was true, what in your opinion is more important, the Govt funding of abortions or Senior citizens getting their SS checks, Medicare + Medicaid and the unemployed getting thier Unemployment checks. If you think it is more important for a woman to POSSIBLY get a Govt financed abortion (she could still pay for herself if she wanted to), fine. My priorities are a bit different.

Your beliefs are rooted in inaccuracies. It is illegal for the government to fund abortions. It always has been. The division of Planned Parenthood that receives government funding is the division that does screenings and provides contraception. There are income based programs sponsored by the government for women to receive these services from Planned Parenthood at low or no cost. The division of planned Parenthood that does abortions receives no federal funding. There are no programs that cover abortions. You have to pay for an abortion from Planned Parenthood the same as you do from any other clinic.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#20 : April 08, 2011, 04:03:41 PM

Tax dollars should not go to any company that performs abortions.  Yes it's law that no public funds cannot fund abortions, but if you help fund companies that perform them, it's basically a shell game at that point. Like I said, when your broke, funding of companies like this is a luxery that should cease.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 08, 2011, 04:07:33 PM

You are correct, kinda got caught up with the Democrat talking points. I tried to sift through the crap and I should have known better because I know about Title X. My bad!

Kinda makes it a bit easier tho, what's more important, Planned Parenthood or the troops and seniors. Obviously Harry Reid thinks Planned Parenthood.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : April 08, 2011, 04:12:27 PM

Those are all Luxery's.

With your grammatical and spelling errors, you're the last person to prescribe budget cuts for our country. Stay within your paygrade, whatever that may be.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : April 08, 2011, 04:24:34 PM

Planned parenthood's mission is much more than providing abortions.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 08, 2011, 04:28:22 PM

Why shouldn't a top notch organization like this get taxpayer dollars?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#25 : April 08, 2011, 04:37:22 PM

irrelevant... Oh and by the way, since when did correct spelling matter on a message board where it's all about getting out a quick thought?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 08, 2011, 04:38:45 PM

So? The discussion is not what they do, but what is more important.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 08, 2011, 06:24:47 PM

Yea, it is supposed to be - but don't look too close or it will appear otherwise.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 08, 2011, 07:19:17 PM

So? The discussion is not what they do, but what is more important.

If funding the troops was so important to John Boehner and Mike Pence, then why attach a Planned Parenthood rider to a budget deal in the first place? Is defunding Planned Parenthood more important than paying our men and women in the armed forces? Shaving the minuscule amount of funding they receive isn't going to make a difference in the big picture. Why draw a line in the sand there?
: April 08, 2011, 07:21:16 PM CBWx2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 08, 2011, 07:27:17 PM

Wondered the same thing CBW - didn't get it.  Not even a good political statement comes from that move.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Those arguing against significant budget cuts have a real logic problem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools