Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Von Miller Were to Fall to #9 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: April 07, 2011, 03:55:18 PM

Everyone is penciling him in to Arizona,but it's not impossible that he could make it down to Dallas at #9. If you were Mark Dominick, would you trade your 1st and 2nd rounders to go up and get Miller?

I personally would. It would be a lot to pay, but Miller would go a long way toward answering the questions at Linebacker and at 3rd Down Speed Rusher for this team.
: April 07, 2011, 04:00:07 PM BucsPirate1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 07, 2011, 04:02:50 PM

he a great talent no doubt but I just don't know if he's a good fit for a 4-3 team.  what would he do here, play SAM and blitz on third down?  Would that be worth the cost?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#2 : April 07, 2011, 04:06:36 PM

I'd be very shocked if Miller went later than #5 to ARIZ. Buffalo has interest at #3 also. If he got to DAL at #9 its worth at least considering.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 07, 2011, 04:07:45 PM

I definitely would not do that. He's not going to blitz enough in our system to justify that.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 07, 2011, 04:08:40 PM

No I wouldn't because even the best prospects are gambles. He's not a true 4-3 end and i'm not sure how he would do as a 4-3 LB. He's an unbelievable players but we have to many needs to give up our 1st and 2nd rounders for this guy. Not to mention that it would likely take more than that to move into the 9th spot.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 07, 2011, 05:58:59 PM

I don't see him as a good scheme fit.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 07, 2011, 06:01:48 PM

Even I, who thinks we are no longer a true 4-3, does not think he is a fit here

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 07, 2011, 06:25:36 PM

Isn't he the type of guy you build a scheme around?

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#8 : April 07, 2011, 06:26:17 PM

I would...and I'd have him playing DE at least 70% of the time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 07, 2011, 06:32:28 PM

Possibly. But aren't we already building a scheme around McCoy?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Buc45

Starter
#10 : April 07, 2011, 09:06:10 PM

Yeah...who the heck needs guys who rush the passer like Clay Matthews or Brian Cushing?  What are you guys talking about?  Scheme fit?  This guy may be the best pass rusher to come out in a long time...and he is pretty darn tough against the run as well.  Absolutely, I would trade up to get him if he fell to #9.  He is one player nearly every analyst is extremely high on... Raheem would make this work... This is not the Bucs of old where we had HOF WLB and 3-technique, a super freak at right end in Rice and nothing but cover 2 corners...which led us to stick with the same successful scheme over a period of time.... Our defense does only one thing well right now and that is pick off passes...We can't rush the passer or stop the run... So we don't want Von Miller?  I don't think people get how good a prospect he really is... 

Can't use McCoy and Von Miller effectively in the same defense?  Sounds like the problems we had when we could not play two good receivers at the same time in our West Coast system...That type of thinking is in the past...Raheem can make this work...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 07, 2011, 09:16:33 PM

I'm sure Morris could find ways to use Miller but it still wouldn't be utilizing him to his fullest ability.  a 3-4 rush LB is what he's truely perfect for.  If a guy like that fell to us then sure he's worth considering but to move up into the top 10 is a whole different thing.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 07, 2011, 10:21:46 PM

Yeah...who the heck needs guys who rush the passer like Clay Matthews or Brian Cushing?  What are you guys talking about?  Scheme fit?  This guy may be the best pass rusher to come out in a long time...and he is pretty darn tough against the run as well.  Absolutely, I would trade up to get him if he fell to #9.  He is one player nearly every analyst is extremely high on... Raheem would make this work... This is not the Bucs of old where we had HOF WLB and 3-technique, a super freak at right end in Rice and nothing but cover 2 corners...which led us to stick with the same successful scheme over a period of time.... Our defense does only one thing well right now and that is pick off passes...We can't rush the passer or stop the run... So we don't want Von Miller?  I don't think people get how good a prospect he really is... 

Can't use McCoy and Von Miller effectively in the same defense?  Sounds like the problems we had when we could not play two good receivers at the same time in our West Coast system...That type of thinking is in the past...Raheem can make this work...
If you draft Miller do you keep running the 4-3 or switch to the 3-4?

Buc45

Starter
#13 : April 08, 2011, 12:06:15 AM

A hybrid type defender like Miller would be perfect for the stuff Raheem likes to run (moving from 4-3 to 3-4 throughout the game)...He would be great obviously when we would run our 3-4 or 3-3-5 alignment... but also remember when we run the 4-3 we do not have to just send 4 after the quarterback...Cushing was starting to show he could rush the passer from the 4-3 alignment (they are going to switch to the 3-4 next year) and Von Miller is a LOT more skilled pass rusher than Cushing is...As a matter of fact, I think if we had Miller, you would see us run a 3-4 alignment almost exclusively on 3rd down...or just line him up at right end (he can rush with his hand in the ground)   He is a rare talent (some analysts compare him to Derrick Thomas) and someone I am sure Raheem could design a defense around...

-ts

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 08, 2011, 12:54:47 AM

Agreed.

IMO he would change just how we play defense. However, I don't see him falling and I don't see Dom breaking bank to get up to draft him either.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Von Miller Were to Fall to #9 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools