Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Von Miller Were to Fall to #9 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 08, 2011, 12:57:30 PM

Arrington was a bust due to injury.

He was also extremely undisciplined and was a big freelancer

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 08, 2011, 01:01:32 PM

I was never a big Arrington fan, but could it be argued he played in the wrong era? He was a 250 lb guy playing 4-3 OLB. His skill set seems much better for the 3-4 and with the roughly 15 3-4 teams right now he could have had a totally different career.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 08, 2011, 03:43:12 PM

Arrington was a bust due to injury. He was pretty good in the NFL and hell made the pro bowl a few times.

I'm not even going to argue your points of his instincts, considering that Arrington LIVED in the backfield at PSU. Anyway, even if he had "much better change of direction" it doesn't make him a better NFL prospect. And you bring up he had close to "twice as many sacks" yet you FAILED to realize LaVar was a JUNIOR when he declared for the NFL. Von Miller is a senior. He had 1 more year to add to his statistics but of course you didn't know that....Arrington went #2 overall and a Heisman candidate at LINEBACKER. Arrington was much better against the run, much faster, solid in coverage, and not to mention he was a beast off the edge. Miller was not even close the prospect to LaVar. LaVar was more complete of a player than Von. Miller will be lucky if went in the top 5 let alone top 3 to even match LaVar's resume to start his career anyway.

I'm not saying he is going to go in the top 5. I'm saying I hope he doesn't, because I think he will have a much better pro career than Arrington. We all know Arrington was a freak, but it was well documented that he freelanced and could not be depended on to do his job in a system. By the way change of direction, and hips make all of the difference. If you want to talk about a poor mans Lavar Arrington look at Akeem Ayers. Miller is a completely different type of player.
And your acting like Arrington was some huge liability and could not drop in coverage so lets not act like his change of direction was poor. He was not as agile as Von but he did just about everything he did AND more. Neither Miller or Ayers compare to Arrington when it comes to dominating the run. Miller and Arrington were basically the same player in college except Arrington did much more. Miller is more disciplined and is more agile so that makes him a "completely different player"? lmao, that is just 2 freakin aspects to a linebacker. As far as instincts, pass rushing ability, (standing up or hands in the dirt), coverage ability their the same guy. LaVar just owns him in the run stuffing department and is a much better athlete.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 08, 2011, 03:44:52 PM

Despite that, he made the pro bowl a few times and had a solid rookie season. Lets not pretend like he didn't deserve those 2 fat paychecks based on his production from the Giants and Redskins before that achilles injury took away ALL of his explosiveness.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 08, 2011, 09:10:54 PM

Despite that, he made the pro bowl a few times and had a solid rookie season. Lets not pretend like he didn't deserve those 2 fat paychecks based on his production from the Giants and Redskins before that achilles injury took away ALL of his explosiveness.

Based on draft position and expectations Arrington was a bust.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Von Miller Were to Fall to #9 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools