Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Cameron Jordan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wyla86

Second String

#15 : April 07, 2011, 09:39:05 PM

Cameron Jordan/ Allen Bailey  or Bowers, Da'Quan/ Allen Bailey    Best DLine weve had in years

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 08, 2011, 08:41:58 AM

I've assumed the title as the Jordan shill...:)

He's got the size, elite athleticism, intelligence, football savvy, motor, intangibles, motivation, no flags, great NFL bloodlines (son of 'ironhead') and the absolutely correct attitude about being an NFL professional.  (I've gleaned this from everything I've read and watching him on and off the field.) 

He'll be a day one, 3 down starter and will eventually become a leader on the dline.  LDE, RDE and 3rd down inside on occasion.  Dude has talent.

He's my favorite DE in this draft (obviously) and I think he's a very safe pick at our premiere position of need. I think it's unlikely he gets to 20, and probably 40/60 he gets to 15.

If Dom and Morris have zero'd in on this young man - go get him, swap picks with Minnesota.

If that isn't to be ... so be it.   Kerrigan is my second favorite DE...   hell, we may not get a shot at him either.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 08, 2011, 08:55:31 AM

He's got the size, elite athleticism, intelligence, football savvy, motor, intangibles, motivation, no flags, great NFL bloodlines (son of 'ironhead') and the absolutely correct attitude about being an NFL professional.  (I've gleaned this from everything I've read and watching him on and off the field.) 

He'll be a day one, 3 down starter and will eventually become a leader on the dline.  LDE, RDE and 3rd down inside on occasion.  Dude has talent.

He's my favorite DE in this draft (obviously) and I think he's a very safe pick at our premiere position of need. I think it's unlikely he gets to 20, and probably 40/60 he gets to 15.

If Dom and Morris have zero'd in on this young man - go get him, swap picks with Minnesota.

If that isn't to be ... so be it.   Kerrigan is my second favorite DE...   hell, we may not get a shot at him either.   

I still think you guys are trying to fit a square peg in a round whole. Jordan played 3-4 DE in college. He weighs 285 pounds. Now based on a good week of Senior Bowl practice you think he can be a premier pass rusher in the NFL? If we draft Jordan we will still have to look for someone who can pass rush from the edge, whether it be later in this draft or in next years.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 08, 2011, 09:25:34 AM

Not really.

At our slot in the draft, there are few pure RDE's without flags.   I agree we need that speed over there, but I just don't see a mid first round guy that has it (without some concerns.)

Better to spend a day 2 pick on one of those guys IMO.  (Sheard, Allen- my favorite day 2 guy, Romeus or one of the Reeds from AZ) could fit the bill and are value in the 2nd/3rd.

I could definitely dig this... 

Our 1 and 2 for Minnesota's 1 - Jordan
3 - Irving, Foster, Sturdivant
4 - Romeus
5 - TE
6 - DB
7 - BPA
7 - BPA

but what the hell do I know...  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 08, 2011, 10:28:39 AM

Not really.

At our slot in the draft, there are few pure RDE's without flags.   I agree we need that speed over there, but I just don't see a mid first round guy that has it (without some concerns.)

Better to spend a day 2 pick on one of those guys IMO.  (Sheard, Allen- my favorite day 2 guy, Romeus or one of the Reeds from AZ) could fit the bill and are value in the 2nd/3rd.

I could definitely dig this... 

Our 1 and 2 for Minnesota's 1 - Jordan
3 - Irving, Foster, Sturdivant
4 - Romeus
5 - TE
6 - DB
7 - BPA
7 - BPA

but what the hell do I know...  ;)

I don't see how that draft would come even close to upgrading our pass rush enough.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 08, 2011, 10:40:13 AM

You're right...   not going to 'fix' the pass rush through the draft alone...

A couple of good FA's (Veteran leaders who fit well would do it.)

champkind

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 08, 2011, 11:45:58 AM

Cameron Heyward is the son of Craig Heyward. Cameron Jordan is the son of Steve Jordan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 08, 2011, 11:48:16 AM

You're correct - got my Cameron's mixed up.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 08, 2011, 12:40:05 PM

You're correct - got my Cameron's mixed up.

Figured as much. I agree with you 100% on your actual point, though

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 08, 2011, 12:50:57 PM

Watch Jordan go up against Tryon Smith this year and tell me he can be a legitamate threat to rush the passer as a 4-3 DE.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 08, 2011, 01:16:51 PM

I agree with a lot of this, but I wouldn't say he has elite athleticism.  Definitely a high-caliber athlete, but not elite.  Agree with the rest and think he could be a plug-n-play 10-year contributor.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 08, 2011, 01:36:49 PM

You pick his worst game of 2010 against a guy who is probably a top 10 pick at left tackle?  Google his combine press conference - he's specifically
asked about that game vs Tyron...  (because it was his worst showing in 2010.)

I won't play the 'video swap' game with you - but I'm certain I can find the flipside of that game.

His snaps (primarily) at Cal were at LDE and inside... (collapse the pocket/seal the edge/stop the run)   and for the reasons stated before - Yes, he will be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL.

Pick any of the pure pass rushers in this draft - I'm certain there's bad tape out there.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 08, 2011, 02:11:58 PM

All that said...IF we stay at 20... (and don't move up for Jordan to 12 / Kerrigan to 15) AND the target is a pure speed rush RDE - the pick has to be Aldon Smith.  Highest upside, but he'll need a couple years to get his head right.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 08, 2011, 02:38:31 PM

All that said...IF we stay at 20... (and don't move up for Jordan to 12 / Kerrigan to 15) AND the target is a pure speed rush RDE - the pick has to be Aldon Smith.  Highest upside, but he'll need a couple years to get his head right.

I'm probably one of the few, but I think Smith is best suited on the LDE side.  Especially as he grows into his body.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 08, 2011, 05:52:42 PM

287 pound Jordan ran a 4.78.  263 pound Smith ran a 4.75 at the combine.  The next Simeon Rice isn't in this draft, much less at #20.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Cameron Jordan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools