Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Cameron Jordan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 08, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Not really.

At our slot in the draft, there are few pure RDE's without flags.   I agree we need that speed over there, but I just don't see a mid first round guy that has it (without some concerns.)

Better to spend a day 2 pick on one of those guys IMO.  (Sheard, Allen- my favorite day 2 guy, Romeus or one of the Reeds from AZ) could fit the bill and are value in the 2nd/3rd.

I could definitely dig this... 

Our 1 and 2 for Minnesota's 1 - Jordan
3 - Irving, Foster, Sturdivant
4 - Romeus
5 - TE
6 - DB
7 - BPA
7 - BPA

but what the hell do I know...  ;)

I don't see how that draft would come even close to upgrading our pass rush enough.
what if we got Jordan in the 1st by moving up and then taking Chris Carter in the 3rd.  The Bucs did bring him in.  He's your poor man's Von Miller.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 08, 2011, 08:52:51 PM

bottom line, our first three picks are going to make us a significantly better team, primarily on defense.

there are very few players in this draft I do not want...    and that is a great place to be.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 08, 2011, 09:13:27 PM

bottom line, our first three picks are going to make us a significantly better team, primarily on defense.

there are very few players in this draft I do not want...    and that is a great place to be.

I disagree. This draft is like any other. 50% of the 1st rounders will be busts, including the defensive lineman. The percentages will only go down from there.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 08, 2011, 09:15:25 PM

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with...

but its all good.   your entitled to your opinion (even if its wrong - lol)  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Cameron Jordan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools