Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video: Congressman tells Veteran "time to sit down" at townhall « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 09, 2011, 12:23:58 PM

The jackwagon Congressman insulted him and called his question a "caustic assault". The Congressman works FOR US. We pay his over exuberant salary, we elected him. So HE needs to show respect to the Voter.

The guy didn't deserve respect once he interrupted the answer that was being given. Meetings like that aren't for folks to stand up and spout off for as long as they want and interrupt if they don't like the answer. And once the guy asked his question (that was long winded and featured plenty of statements) he should have remained quiet until the answer was given. Basic meeting protocols. The word "caustic" was an insult? You need to grow thicker skin, JG, if you really think that.

I covered City Council meetings for close to ten years in Tampa and everybody had a three minute time limit so everybody else would get a chance to ask a questions or make a statement. Plenty of times there would be citizens who refused to sit down or would interrupt the council person who was trying to give an answer. They too were told to sit down. Not really that big of a deal.

Should we replace all of the bums in Congress? Yep. But in this instance, besides losing his cool a little bit, Moran was right to tell the guy to have a seat.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 09, 2011, 12:33:32 PM

But Moran was VERY wrong in how he told him to have a seat.

But the Vet was more right in asking "why are the troops not getting paid while Congress gets another (third or fourth this year) PAID VACATION??"

The thing being overlooked is Congress has stated that they are going to not pay US troops during this budget boondoggle, but Congress will still PAY THEMSELVES WHILE ON VACATION!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 09, 2011, 02:17:16 PM

But Moran was VERY wrong in how he told him to have a seat.

But the Vet was more right in asking "why are the troops not getting paid while Congress gets another (third or fourth this year) PAID VACATION??"

The thing being overlooked is Congress has stated that they are going to not pay US troops during this budget boondoggle, but Congress will still PAY THEMSELVES WHILE ON VACATION!!

Don't disagree and agree that Moran lost his cool. But IMO, Moran's terse response to the guy is not much of a story.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : April 09, 2011, 02:36:06 PM

Vets don't have any special rights/privileges that any other American citizen has.  I hate seeing them coming across as being "entitled."

Soldiers and their families were told that they'd receive at least half pay for this pay period and all money would be provided down the road.  This gov't shutdown issue has occurred in the past (Clinton) - there's no reason to panic when the lawmakers work these issues out.

BTW, lesson learned by Soldiers: maintain 6-8 month emergency funds, don't live beyond your means - just like the rest of us.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 09, 2011, 02:43:20 PM

you're missing the point, this video isn't about the Veteran.  I could have been standing there saying the same thing, it was the politician who was trippin

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 09, 2011, 02:54:58 PM

you're missing the point, this video isn't about the Veteran.  I could have been standing there saying the same thing, it was the politician who was trippin

Thread title: Vi"deo: Congressman tells Veteran "time to sit down" at townhall

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 09, 2011, 05:14:16 PM

Vets don't have any special rights/privileges that any other American citizen has.  I hate seeing them coming across as being "entitled."

exactly how did this guy come across as being "entitled"??

Moran asked " who are you and what is your question?"

He said "I am a 27 year veteran and speaking on behalf of all the deployed troops..." That is not being entitled, that is answering the Congressman's question. He only said he was a vet to provide background context.

He did not ask for ANYTHING for himself, didn't say he was owed anything, didn't expect any special treatment. So how was he "coming across as being "entitled."??

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 09, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Not taking care of the troops is criminal in my humble opinion.

Insofar as Veterans' Organizations handling this - frankly they have continued to be unimpressive on many fronts.  Let's just be happy for the troops that an agreement was reached.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 09, 2011, 06:56:29 PM

I think Morgan meant that others put forth the guy as if he is entitled. Thus, using "Veteran" in the subject title.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 09, 2011, 07:12:15 PM

Insofar as Veterans' Organizations handling this - frankly they have continued to be unimpressive on many fronts. 

That's total B.S.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 09, 2011, 07:28:11 PM

I think Morgan meant that others put forth the guy as if he is entitled. Thus, using "Veteran" in the subject title.

exactly.

but it is then your job to use your brain filter to remove others' superimposed opinions about a situation.

as galt highlighted too, the guy was simply providing a self-description.

I guess this is just another example of the almighty power that "headlines" have over the actual instance

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 09, 2011, 07:43:24 PM

Insofar as Veterans' Organizations handling this - frankly they have continued to be unimpressive on many fronts. 

That's total B.S.

No, it's not, one more time than you ever say!  LMAO - do you have a thought - offer it.  If not, leave the invectives out of it.

Where were the Veteran's Organizations over the last two-three weeks? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 09, 2011, 08:03:52 PM

exactly.

but it is then your job to use your brain filter to remove others' superimposed opinions about a situation.

as galt highlighted too, the guy was simply providing a self-description.

I guess this is just another example of the almighty power that "headlines" have over the actual instance

Pretty much.

Change "Veteran" to "Citizen" in the thread title, and the point of the thread changes not.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 09, 2011, 08:27:13 PM

This is why this crap 2 party system doesn't work - because the players (policy makers) lack the ability to remove "self" from the situation.  We need better "leaders".  This guy belongs as a grocery store manager.

Store manager?

With the way these politicians spend money? You want them to run your business? Are you crazy?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 09, 2011, 08:31:26 PM

This is why this crap 2 party system doesn't work - because the players (policy makers) lack the ability to remove "self" from the situation.  We need better "leaders".  This guy belongs as a grocery store manager.

Store manager?

With the way these politicians spend money? You want them to run your business? Are you crazy?

heh, I was originally going to say butcher - but I figured he was more suited to bark orders at teenagers
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Video: Congressman tells Veteran "time to sit down" at townhall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools